PDA

View Full Version : IBS in '01 x star?

Jayhawk
06-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Will the Fly High Integrated Bow Sac from Wakemakers work in an '01 x star (205v)? I'm pretty sure I've read of other 2001 and older 205v owners referring to their IBS, but Wakemakers' site clearly states the kit is for 2002 and newer MCs. Here's the link: http://www.wakemakers.com/mastercraft-piggyback-bow-ballast-system.html

If it does work, are any modifications required?

Aric'sX15
06-25-2014, 09:28 PM
Yeah itll work, youll only get about 350 or so in it under the seats. Had one on my 2000 205V

Jayhawk
06-25-2014, 10:50 PM
Thanks, Aric. I wonder why they state 2002 and up. I feel like I'm missing something. Did you piggyback off the KGB?

Aric'sX15
06-25-2014, 10:54 PM
Thats how Budmanv24 has it, works really well.

AlbertaSurfer
06-25-2014, 10:59 PM
I can't comment on the IBS, and I fully understand if you want to keep the bags under the seats for limited foot space reasons, But I'll tell you what I did. I looked at the IBS bag, but like Aric inferred, the space under the seats isn't big enough to allow full inflation of the bags. I opted for a 540lb Sumo in the walkway, on top of the 375lb bag i have stowed in the locker. I think of it as a "540lb bow filler cushion"

What a difference. I'm up to 2600lbs in my boat and the wake is so sick.

Jayhawk
06-25-2014, 11:21 PM
Thanks, AlbertaSurfer. I think that's probably what I'll do. I was doing some more searching and saw where JerseyDave piggybacked a 750lb bag in the walkway of his X Star. It does make a nice bow filler, would provide more weight...and give my little ones something to jump on. Do you happen to have a pic of yours full for reference?

AlbertaSurfer
06-25-2014, 11:30 PM
I don't. I just ran it for the first time last weekend, and the only pics I have is of my friend and his 1.5 y/o trolling in the tube 20' back. It runs from the cup holders in the bow though the length of the walkway, and fills the space at approx 75-80% capacity. It's squishy to stand on due to not being totally full, but I walked all over it no problem. Your kids would think it's fun to play on for sure.

Jayhawk
06-25-2014, 11:32 PM
Awesome. Thanks, again.

VP46
06-26-2014, 01:05 AM
I connected a 400lb fat sac piggyback on the locker sac (via vent and a valve) with similar results - 80% full nice to walk on. Works but fills slow... I likely need to upgrade to the green impellers or go with an external pump.

---

I'm currently in the market to buy a 750 off of someone or another 400lb sac.... or a little sac to fit on top of the 400.

(versus doing it the RIGHT way... IBS plus a small walkway sac plus 2 750s)

That said.... and I can;t confirm any of this but I was chatting with wakemakers about the IBS and I could have sworn he motioned for me to wait a few months... as if they had a new product coming out. (maybe I imagined it... maybe I didn't)

JRW160
06-26-2014, 03:45 PM
I ran the ibs for a while and it just didn't hold enough weight to offset the 750s, and it took up all of my storage up front. I now run the open bow triangle up there on top of the seats. It stores under one side up front, and I keep my anchor on the other side. I have a hose in the ski locker that I connect to it to fill off the same pump as the kgb. I also use a tsunami on it because it takes forever with just the factory pump.

swatguy
06-30-2014, 03:50 AM
I run my ibs on top of my seats. Only way it really works. The triangle is nice but I don't have a bow filler cushion so couldn't go that route. I keep 200lbs of pop bags under the seats as well as the ibs on top.

If you need the bow seats as mentioned a solid 600lbs in the walkway works perfectly as well.

As far as piggy backing off te KGB if you have the aerator pumps it will take forever to fill that ibs. You're best bet is to just get a pump to toss over and fill it while the rest of the sacs are filling.