PDA

View Full Version : 07 X1 Rear Ballast Hard Tanks won't fill

LouisvilleFan
06-24-2014, 01:58 PM
Hi all, need help.

My X1 rear hard tanks will not fill. I replaced the impellers with the green one's thinking that might be the problem but not luck???

The motors make noise and I assume they are spinning the impellers...my guess is the pumps are not priming for some reason.

They have not worked this season, but they worked fine last year...could it be a winter related issue??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quinten
06-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Did you close the valve at the intake?

LouisvilleFan
06-24-2014, 02:05 PM
Not sure I know where that valve is...I saw to caps on the intake that looked like you could fill but I did not see a valve..where is it?

Wakerider16
06-24-2014, 02:09 PM
Had an issue with mine at the start of the year as they wouldn't prime (I installed the Jacobs pumps myself).

I drained the antifreeze out of them put it in the water and they wouldn't go. What I did was disconnect one of the lines to the pump from the bag /tank and dumped a cup of water down it. Did a quick drain and then suction and now the pumps are working fine. Don't ask me why they wouldn't prime but now all is well.

LouisvilleFan
06-24-2014, 02:21 PM
I'll try that this weekend...I wonder if I put water in those two caps by the pickup I found when investigating it last weekend???

Wakerider16
06-24-2014, 02:32 PM
I'll try that this weekend...I wonder if I put water in those two caps by the pickup I found when investigating it last weekend???

Not sure, like I said I installed the rear pumps myself. So not entirely sure what your setup looks like. I just disconnected the hose between my pump and bag and poured water into it

Quinten
06-25-2014, 05:05 AM
Not sure I know where that valve is...I saw to caps on the intake that looked like you could fill but I did not see a valve..where is it?

If you follow the hose from the pump down to the bilge, there should need a valve on the bottom of your boat. Something like a seacock.

CantRepeat
06-25-2014, 06:46 AM
If you follow the hose from the pump down to the bilge, there should need a valve on the bottom of your boat. Something like a seacock.

I'm pretty sure all the pumps go to a distribution box and then there is a single main line that goes form the distribution box down the water inlet valve. That valve is probably on the port side near the oil pan.

OP, are the pump(s) that are not working mounted with the impeller facing up?

BudmanV24
06-25-2014, 08:19 AM
Make sure the screws In the impellar covers are tight and it probably doesnt hurt to lube the cover o-rings too. You might be drawing air.

Quinten
06-25-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm pretty sure all the pumps go to a distribution box and then there is a single main line that goes form the distribution box down the water inlet valve. That valve is probably on the port side near the oil pan.

OP, are the pump(s) that are not working mounted with the impeller facing up?

Didn't know there was a distibution box in earlyer years. My mistake.

LouisvilleFan
06-27-2014, 01:31 PM
One is up one is down...

LouisvilleFan
06-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Found the problem! See the valve in the picture...I've never seen it before and my dealer has winterized my boat the past three years and never touched it. I guess this is a lesson learned! Lol.

Oh well, I guess the new green impellers I installed will work now!