PDA

View Full Version : Kids Wakeboard Recommendations

SteveO
11-21-2005, 06:08 PM
I am looking to help my 7 year old daughter ad a wakeboard to her Santa list and was looking for recommendations from TMC members who may have experience in this area.

kcflatlander
11-21-2005, 06:50 PM
My daughter rides a Hyperlite 119 Divine. It has girlie looks, so she was excited to ride it. She is 8 and weighs about 40-45 lbs. Make sure you get bindings that are easy for kids to operate.... Unless you like putting the board on every time for them.

She learned off of the side of a tube. Less scary for the little ones...2nd try was the winner and riding on her own after the first day.

My son rides a Hyperlite 134 Motive. 10 yrs old 85 lbs.

3event
11-22-2005, 08:59 AM
I bought the Hyperlite Juvi (121 I think it is...) for my son a couple of years ago - it has worked well. He's 10 now and still has some time left on a board that size. The Hyperlite Spin bindings are pretty easy to use and I would recommend them for beginners.

Gotta love that kind of Christmas shopping, have fun!

Workin' 4 Toys
11-22-2005, 09:10 AM
I'll have to come and find this thread in about 6 months. I just picked up the ski skimmer for my little one for christmas. Maybe Ill get a board in spring she'll try it by the end of summer.
Oh, by the way, she'll be 3 next year. Gotta start them off right, right? We had her on the knee board about 3 months ago. Ski skimmer, then the combos with ropes, then the wakeboard.
Man, I love this sport.....

BeavenX5
11-22-2005, 09:24 AM
My kids are now 8 and 10. I got them a skiteck board (an old Obrien mold) and freemotion bindings 2 seasons ago. The skitech board is nothing fancy, just a tough board that wont get scratch easyly. It does the job well. The freemotion bindings are great as they have a movable thong and lace-up that can adapt to a large variety of foot size. I beleive my daughter (now 10 Yrs) will be able to use them again next year. Kids grow so fast, it is nice when they can use their equipment for a few years without outgrowing them too fast.
My suggestion is to get an affordable board of the right size for his weight. The freemotion bindings are a real succes for me. I also have a friend that got his 3 kids a board with these bindings and he is very satisfied about them.
:twocents: JC

baedriver
12-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Friends of our have kids and they have the 119 divine the daughter really enjoys it. It seems that she is very stable on the bored.

Jerseydave
12-04-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm looking to get my son a board for X-mas. Liquid Force 134 nemesis.
He's 12, never rode before. Should be a good beginner board for him and he can use it for several years.

For more info on boards, check out www.wakeworld.com

baedriver
12-04-2005, 10:45 PM
I ride the 139 omega LF and love it there is a 134 i think as well very stable lots of pop and great for spins. I know he is new but I tried 5 boards and this one fit me perfect. You can give it a look.