PDA

View Full Version : Depth finder in 98 prostar 205

jessz71
06-08-2014, 12:19 AM
I just purchased a 98 prostar 205 and it has a depth finder in it it, but all it seems able to do is alarm. I am able to turn the alarm on/off and able to view the setpoint for the alarm setting, but not able to view the current depth of the water which would be great. I took the display out of the dash and there was no information on the brand of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

mcmx2
06-08-2014, 08:18 AM
I think that is a teleflex , should be able to search it on the internet. I have the same one and a manual but will not be home for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff d
06-08-2014, 08:49 AM
That's definitely a Teleflex logo. I don't have any info on operating it though. Can't be too complex with just one button so it may just be a bad display. I know the Lowrance liquid crystal displays that came on the slightly newer boats have a reputation for failing after about 10 years or so. You can get a Faria depth sounder and transducer for $105 if it is bad. I just installed one on mine but haven't had it on the water yet to test it. Others reported good reliability on the Faria unit though.

jessz71
06-10-2014, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the information I really appreciate it. Figured out the transducer came loose from where it was epoxyed to the hull and it was upside down, of course I tested it after I put the floor back in and it worked. Guess I am getting to know my boat.