PDA

View Full Version : Guitar lovers, check this one out! Just arrived at my door.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-21-2005, 01:43 PM
OK, for all you guitar lovers out there. Here it is! I mentioned in a post a while back this baby was being built and would arrive soon. Well here it is! The pics dont really do it justice. THe finish and color are amazing. Truly an eye catcher. THe workman ship is terrific. Jackson does these limited editions every once in a while. there are only 12 being made in this color. Its a special piece. GOld hardware, oiled neck are options not available on standard models. I got #2 of 12, so if your gassing for a new guitar, There are still 6 available if anybody wants one, I can let you know what Jackson dealer has them. PM me if your interested. Its a sweetheart for sure. Enjoy the photos! :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/transpurple5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/transpurple10.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/transpurple1.jpg

11-21-2005, 01:44 PM
a few more

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/transpurple2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/transpurple7.jpg

11-21-2005, 01:46 PM
hmmmm....gold......purple.....can you say......PIMP!!! :uglyhamme

the case should have came with thick pink shag and fake leopard skin top. :uglyhamme

bcampbe7
11-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Very nice UMP!
That thing is sweet.
I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks.

Cloaked
11-21-2005, 03:06 PM
A new ski? :idunno:

11-21-2005, 04:41 PM
You want me to try skiing on that baby Sporty?? is that what you meant? :confused: :eek:

I think I will stick to my HO for that :cool:

UMP

Mag_Red
11-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Beautiful axe! If I could play better, I'd probably invest in a better one. Why does the neck look so short on that one???

11-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Mag,

Thanks! :wavey: Probably the angle of the photo or the fact that its a ebony neck with those sharkfin inlays. My guess is its an optical illusion. Its a standard soloist neck with a 25.5 inch scale. 24 frets. Its also a neck thru as opposed to a bolt on, so that may count for some of it.

I will let you all know what it sounds like after I get to play it tonite at home. Looking forward to it. :guitar:

UMP

JimN
11-21-2005, 05:25 PM
OK, you showed us the guitar, what do you have for effects and amp? I'm sure you aren't just playing it through a Rockman and headphones. Not that it would be a bad setup, but how do you make your pants legs flap? (No, I don't mean that way) Mouse Amp, Pignose, Champ, Standel, Maestro,-c'mon! You gotta tell us!

Should we resurrect the guitar thread? :guitar:

stevo137
11-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Great looking guitar UMP!
That will sure help you get through the dog days of winter...

juju151
11-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Great Looking Guitar!!! Very nice...

I would love to have one of those...and I used to have a Jackson many years ago, it was one of the best sounding guitars I ever had!

Lets hear it!!! We can link some sound files...can't we??? ;)

Here ya go UMP...this is the setup that I use now. I play midi files on my laptop, through a sound module, then mute out the lead guitar track...and then play the lead myself. It's awesome...the next best thing to playing with a live band...but this way you can play with the headphones on, and still have the complete band backing you up.

juju151
11-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Here's a better shot of the rack...

Cloaked
11-21-2005, 08:21 PM
You want me to try skiing on that baby Sporty?? is that what you meant?

I think I will stick to my HO for that
UMP:D :D :D ........

11-22-2005, 09:36 AM
OK, you showed us the guitar, what do you have for effects and amp? I'm sure you aren't just playing it through a Rockman and headphones. Not that it would be a bad setup, but how do you make your pants legs flap? (No, I don't mean that way) Mouse Amp, Pignose, Champ, Standel, Maestro,-c'mon! You gotta tell us!

Should we resurrect the guitar thread? :guitar:

JimN,

I will post some pics. I play through several rigs:

1. Mesa Boogie Road King Combo in Trans red quilted maple. with a 2X12 extension recto cabinet. This baby will do more than make your pant legs flap :headbang: I use a pedal board with it. Very basic. A Shure SLX wireless system, to a Dunlop Wah wah, then a BOSS Compressor/Sustainer looped in a BOSS Noise Supressor, then to a very rarely used Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, then the amp. I use all George L cables on everthing. I have several other pedals I dont use. This is my live rig I use on stage.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/Donshowpicture2004.jpg

2. I have a rack system I put together also. I use this as a studio rig primarily. This baby is really something. This one has a nerve center. I have a AXXESS switching system controlling everything in the rack: a BBE sonic Maximizer(using one side for each preamp), a Mesa Boogie Rectifer Recording preamp (the "RECPRE"), a Marshall JMP-1 preamp, a Rocktron Intellifex, and the same pedal list as my pedal board has. George L cables again. then its powered by a Marshall EL34 50/50 stereo power amp which pushes a Laney 4x12 and a Marshall 4x12. This rig will shake your pant legs too. The entire rack is controlled by the 3 button footswitch on the floor. Its very cool. You can switch patches, programs, pedals, preamps, channels, loops, everything. and the best part is: its completely transparent, You cant hear any noises. No clicks, pops, bangs, fuzzes, nothing!! I really like this rig. You can literally dial just about any sound out of this, just keep twisting knobs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/c2d3605f.jpg

3. I have a Mesa/Boogie F30 combo for reharsals, practice, or jamming, campfires, etc... very portable, terrific sound, 2 and a half channels, reverb, and frickin loud for a 30 watt amp, this thing cooks!!!! If you want an A$$ kickin tube amp for under $900 check one out. they rule!!!

Thats my amp setup. I also have a Digitech 2120 that I used to use in my rack. I just use it for my bass when I record now, or for whatever I need. Nice units. I am a total gear freak. I love that stuff.

UMP

11-22-2005, 10:02 AM
juju I dont have any sound files on my computer. I will have to figure out how to do that. I can record stuff in my studio and burn it on CD. But then I dont know how to take it from there, to putting it on the net. any suggestions?

:confused:

BTW, thanks for all the compliments everyone. She is a sweet playing and sounding guitar. I "dailed" it in last nite. Its very sweet. :)

UMP

juju151
11-22-2005, 10:14 AM
I also have a Digitech 2120 that I used to use in my rack. I just use it for my bass when I record now, or for whatever I need.

Very nice stuff you have there UMP!!!

It's obvious that you like "The Finer Things" also...and the old saying is true on many things...that you get what you pay for, right? ;)

I use my 2120 for just about everything...guitar, bass and it makes my Fender electric violin sound pretty darn good too.

I don't have a good guitar amp anymore...and I haven't played live with a band in a while, so most of my playing is done with the headphones on...but I'll crank it up every once in a while, just through the 2120 and the Mackie PA system...it doesn't sound too bad, but it doesn't come close to the sound you get with a REAL amp like yours!

Keep Jammin' :guitar:

juju151
11-22-2005, 11:00 AM
juju I dont have any sound files on my computer. I will have to figure out how to do that. I can record stuff in my studio and burn it on CD. But then I dont know how to take it from there, to putting it on the net. any suggestions?

If you do a Google search or something like that on the internet, you can find just about any song you want in MIDI format...for free! They will be something like (ComfortablyNumb.mid), or whatever...just remember it's got the .mid on the end of the file.

Now just about any computer will play these music files, but unfortunately the sounds or (I think they are called) "voices" that come with a computer are pretty lame...which will make the song sound pretty cheezy, like a toy or something.

So the trick is to get a USB MIDI adapter cable that you connect from your PC to a sound module, which has the REAL sounds...or "voices". Playing a MIDI file through a decent sound module will make that MIDI song sound just like the REAL thing...it makes all the instruments sound real and not fake or computerized. When I bought my USB MIDI adapter, for about 50 bucks, it came with some Cakewalk software that takes the MIDI file and breaks it down into tracks, just like a mixer, so you can mute the tracks you don't want to hear...like the lead guitar track. The Korg sound module I bought was about $200...and there is MUCH better ones out there, but this one does pretty good and has very good sounds. I'm no expert on MIDI, but with reading a little info found on internet searches, it wasn't hard to get it setup and working great. It's perfect for practicing...just mute whatever track you want to play, and go for it. Just about all the MIDI files have the tracks labeled, so you can tell what track is drums, lead guitar, piano, bass, etc...and the software that will come with the MIDI adapter will look like a mixing board on your computer screen. Another cool thing is the software will let you view the music in "piano roll" or like sheet music, etc...it's really cool, and you should definitely check it out if you've never seen it before. You can slow the song down as slow as you want without changing the pitch or tuning different, which is great for learning new stuff also. Here's a picture of the adapter and sound module that I have...

stevo137
11-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Great equipment guys!
Someone should start a musicians thread discussing equipment and such.
Anyway, I write and compose original piano music and need to find an easy, inexpensive way to digitally record my accoustic piano. It is a Yamaha U1 studio upright.
I'm planning on adding a workstation such as the Yamaha Motif in the future and at this point I want to be able to download the file and burn it on a CD.
Any ideas? How much $$$?

djhuff
11-22-2005, 01:47 PM
UMP, I have a very similar axe that I don't play anymore. Same wood, but orange sunburst color and black hardware. Mine is the Fusion XL series (and it's easily 12 years old). I put down the guitar and picked up the turntables about 5 years ago. I'll have to take some pics of that setup and get them on here.

juju151
11-22-2005, 02:07 PM
an easy, inexpensive way to digitally record my accoustic piano.

Hmmm...That's a good one Stevo! I'm not sure how you could do that with an acoustic piano...I know that they make MIDI pickups for guitars that will take the acoustic notes and write them into a MIDI format...then the song will then be digital, so you can print or display the sheet music, or piano roll, etc...I believe that's what you are wanting, right?

When you get the Motif or any other 88 key synth with MIDI outputs, then it will be a breeze for you to record your songs. When you get one of those, you can record the song in real-time as you are playing it, directly into a MIDI file. You can't see it very good in my pictures above because it's got a cloth cover over it, where my headphones are laying...but I've got the Yamaha S08, and I love it. It's an 88-weighted key synth...feels and sounds just like the real thing. I've never used the built-in sequencer it has, but it will record whatever I play and then output it to a MIDI file.

But if you are just wanting to record what you play on the piano, and convert that into an MP3 or WAV file to burn to a CD??? That wouldn't be very hard to do...you just need a PC with a good sound card and a couple of good microphones.

Here's a pic of the top and rear of the S08...sideways so it will be a bit larger and easier to see...I think it cost me about $1000 a couple of years ago, but they probably have come down in price a little.

11-22-2005, 02:37 PM
UMP, I have a very similar axe that I don't play anymore. Same wood, but orange sunburst color and black hardware. Mine is the Fusion XL series (and it's easily 12 years old). I put down the guitar and picked up the turntables about 5 years ago. I'll have to take some pics of that setup and get them on here.

Huff,

those Fusions are great. :headbang: I have two 1991 Fusions with The "Bikini Beach" paint jobs on them with stunning airbrush paint jobs of scantily clad hot women on them lying on a tropical beach. Very sweet guitars. I should see if I can find a picture of them. I really need to get digital photos of my stuff.

I know the color your referring to. Those Fusions were short scale, 24.75" and had 24 frets. Bolt on neck, with very skinny neck profiles.

YOu know whats funny about those Imported Jacksons of the early 90's is the quality and workmanship was terrific, it rivaled the USA versions and actaully started to hurt the sales of the USA models, so they revamped the Japanese line to not compete with their USA line. They made their imports more "cost conscious" and that reduced the quality a bit. bummer..... Those XL's were terrific guitars and it was a shame to see them yanked from the market for that reason. I still have an old 1990 Charvel 475 that was japanese built. Not worth any $$$ because the USA Charvels are the "Holy grail's" but man, what a great guitar! Anyone who is looking for a great value should scan ebay and pawn shops for 1990 to 1993 Charvels, and Import Jacksons because you can buy em cheap and they are extremely well built instraments.

I would love to see a pic of your Fusion, get one posted!!!! :wavey:

east tx skier
11-22-2005, 03:58 PM

:confused:

BTW, thanks for all the compliments everyone. She is a sweet playing and sounding guitar. I "dailed" it in last nite. Its very sweet. :)

UMP

A little late on my part, but very nice, UMP.

djhuff
11-22-2005, 04:03 PM
UMP, I know what you are talking about. I think they switched right after I bought mine, and the price dropped from 7 and change down to 2 and change (think they dropped the "XL" first, then dropped the line all together, I know the color went away). Very nice guitar. When I gave up playing, I thought about selling it, but found out I would not be able to get much for it at all and decided to hold on to it, you know "just in case."

juju151
11-22-2005, 04:56 PM
juju I dont have any sound files on my computer. I will have to figure out how to do that.

Oooops...my bad, Ump! I thought you were talking about the MIDI stuff...and I think you were just talking about creating an MP3 or WAV file on your computer from a CD you have already made.

The best way is to record directly from your PC's CD-ROM to an MP3 file...but you will need software to do that, which you probably don't have...but you might be able to find this software on shareware.com or something for free, that would do this???

The quick and dirty way...is to just connect a CD player to the "line in" on your computer's sound card, then open up the windows sound recorder, push play on the CD player and record on the windows sound recorder. This is a very easy way to create a WAV file...it won't be the best quality, but it will get the point across...and you can probably get free software off the internet that will convert the WAV file to MP3 to make the file size much smaller...probably called something like WAV2MP3.

djhuff
11-22-2005, 05:36 PM
There are also several USB boxes you can get that come with free software to record with. I have one with 1 mic input, 2 - 1/4" inputs, and 2 XLR inputs, all with adjustable output levels. Very good sound quality. Currently using Cakewalk for editing.

captkidd
11-23-2005, 01:47 PM
UMP, Prince called and he wants his guitar back. Just kidding. Looks very nice.

11-23-2005, 03:13 PM
UMP, Prince called and he wants his guitar back. Just kidding. Looks very nice.

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :purplaugh I LOVE IT!!! I never thought of that.... thats hilarious. Yes, this axe does match the "purple one's" motif. Great observation captkidd and nice shot!.....he shoots, He scores!!!!!! :banana: Too funny!

TonyB
02-01-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm late getting to this thread (found it when I did a search on propellors) but still wanted to comment on UM Prostar's guitar. It's gorgeous.

Below is a link to some of my stuff and and group shot of some of my guitars.

Some of my guitar stuff:
http://community.webshots.com/album/239676703fmpiXm

rick s.
02-01-2006, 11:40 AM
really sweet guitar. I have a strat and a firebird, the neck of your looks just like the firebird. Have fun with that!

east tx skier
02-01-2006, 11:46 AM
As long as we're posting 'em.

Bobby
02-01-2006, 02:03 PM
now you need to get it plek'd. what is this plek thing i speak of? check out www.plek.com . it will make your geetar play as close to perfect as possible. i would highly recommend it.

and also - notice that only 6 of these plek machines exist in the United States, and one happens to be in Norman, OK at my dad's music store :guitar: :headbang: