PDA

View Full Version : boogie boogie boo

Ric
11-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Nascar: I must admit, I'm no neck-car fan but I watched the end of the race last night because dad was over and he wasn't much interested in whether or not the bengals broke the colts win streak.

It was pretty damn cool and an example of how to make something that's (at first glance) mundane or out of reach, more interesting to the average joe.
(Hello, USAWaterski, can you hear me??????)
as far as I know there have never been car races in the olympics ;)

What was cool was watching the thing come down to the last few laps and the two front runners duking it out for first, AND the guy about 20 cars back was just staying alive to the end of the race to hold enough points to clinch the nascar title for the year.

LakePirate
11-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Ric - you would be in trouble if you ever went to a race...There is so much going on that they don't/can't show on tv.

Pretty good finish...now we have to wait 3 months until Daytona...

east tx skier
11-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Ric, I'll confess, probably against popular opinion here, that I have no interest in nascar.

bcampbe7
11-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Ric, I'll confess, probably against popular opinion here, that I have no interest in nascar.

Whew, I thought I was the only one.

I did go to a race in Darlington about 10 years ago. It was fun, but I think I got my fill of Nascar.

I can't sit and watch too many sporting events on TV anyway. Nascar is right up there with watching bowling to me.

mitch
11-21-2005, 04:29 PM

I did go to a race in Darlington about 10 years ago. It was fun, but I think I got my fill of Nascar.

I can't sit and watch too many sporting events on TV anyway. Nascar is right up there with watching bowling to me.

OK so now there's at least 3 of us. I'd rather watch the NBA ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
11-21-2005, 04:44 PM
I'd rather watch a needle poking me in the eyes than watch any of these stupid shows on TV. TOP THAT!!!:uglyhamme

rodltg2
11-21-2005, 04:47 PM
i cant get enough of watching curling. that sport is exhilarating.

whitedog
11-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Now there is 4! Like racing but would rather watch sprint cars of midgets duke it out on the dirt tracks.:)

jraben8
11-21-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm in too... If I want to watch someone go in circles I'll take my kids around the block on their bikes...

Ric
11-21-2005, 04:52 PM
I think we have a common thread here... Waterskiers are do-ers, not watchers...

My main point by posting this was to show how something like racing in a circle can be made interesting if done properly on TV. Skiing looks like just going around 6bouys until you've tried it!

Mag_Red
11-21-2005, 05:38 PM
I think we have a common thread here... Waterskiers are do-ers, not watchers...

My main point by posting this was to show how something like racing in a circle can be made interesting if done properly on TV. Skiing looks like just going around 6bouys until you've tried it! Yeah when you're lucky to make the first one, you get a real appreciation of those that make all 6 like my Man Griff :worthy: I could take or leave Nascar but did enjoy the American Le Man's Series when I participated in Corvette activities.

milkmania
11-21-2005, 05:39 PM

bowling needs "LANE GIRLS"!!!!!:banana:

http://www.boxingsfinest.com/ring_girls/ring_card_girls_line_up.html

shepherd
11-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Ric - you would be in trouble if you ever went to a race...There is so much going on that they don't/can't show on tv.

True, and some people go just for the party! :toast:
But you'll see more of the racing action on TV IMO -- multiple replays from different angles, pit and garage reports, strategy updates, etc. You can hear some of it at the track if you have a radio/scanner but you usually won't see it. Plus you don't have to haul a cooler of beers a mile to your couch (or pay $5 each for them), or p!ss in a pig trough with 50 other drunks when you watch the race at home.

Don't get me wrong, I love going to the track, but only once or twice a year...

Cloaked
11-21-2005, 09:23 PM
NASCAR ROCKS...

You either get it or you don't. :uglyhamme

maristarman
11-21-2005, 09:42 PM
i cant get enough of watching curling. that sport is exhilarating.

This might pique your interest in curling just a little bit.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/2005/10/31/Sports/curling-calendar051031.html

BuoyChaser
11-21-2005, 10:34 PM
someone should start a SURVEY here, so no #3 Special Edition ProStar197 for me!!!