PDA

View Full Version : Cable park video

GoneBoatN
06-06-2014, 01:03 PM
I spent a day at the Wake Island Cable park with my son a couple of weeks ago. Here is a video - https://vimeo.com/97540195

brighac
06-06-2014, 01:58 PM
I spent a day at the Wake Island Cable park with my son a couple of weeks ago. Here is a video - https://vimeo.com/97540195

Nice! Go pro?

bochnak
06-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Looks like a lot of fun. What happens when you fall? Who gets you?

Aric'sX15
06-06-2014, 02:06 PM
You swim to the side and walk back. Lol

bochnak
06-06-2014, 02:23 PM
You swim to the side and walk back. Lol

I would have never guessed..LOL.

GoneBoatN
06-07-2014, 12:30 AM
Looks like a lot of fun. What happens when you fall? Who gets you?

Yep, walk back. I use to have traditional bindings which meant I walked back bare foot. I ended up getting Hyperlite System Pro`s so that I could walk back in the boots and not have to go across the dirt/rocks bare foot. Feet don't hurt at the end of the day now.

GoneBoatN
06-07-2014, 12:32 AM
Nice! Go pro?

Yep, Go Pro Hero 3 Black Edition. Taking it scuba diving tomorrow.

Aric'sX15
06-07-2014, 01:12 AM
I have the system pros too, I LOVE them.

But I hate cable, but it is like swimming with life vests on your feet. Lol

ledger78
06-07-2014, 04:24 AM
Wow that's a great looking cable park wish I had that close by ours is pretty ordinary in comparison..

GoneBoatN
06-07-2014, 08:22 PM
I have the system pros too, I LOVE them.

But I hate cable, but it is like swimming with life vests on your feet. Lol

Yes, floating feet and swimming with boots on is not quite so fun. Just more reason not to fall at the cable park. I don't care for them in the boat because it is like taking your bindings on/off twice. They are nice as the lock the toes down a bit more which results in a bit more edge control on toe side.

Cable is different but lots of fun to me. I'd take having fun in/on the water any day to not.

Wow that's a great looking cable park wish I had that close by ours is pretty ordinary in comparison..

Interesting thing is another one is opening and it is just a few miles away. Pretty ****ty IMO give the investment the guy put into the original one. However competition is always good from a consumer standpoint. Also the new one is reported to be (or going to be as it is not currently open) super (as in scary) advanced.

I though you guys down-under had lots of cable parks?