PDA

View Full Version : Delco model 16189069 ECM Source

jfwjr1
06-04-2014, 10:59 PM
I have a 1996 Prostar 205 5.7 L EST (NOT LT1) with spark on the first compression stroke, then it stops. I have gone through the clymer manual, measured voltages, then continuity of the pickup coil. All measures good. Since I have 1 spark, then it stops suggesting an intermittent condition, i replaced the ignition pickup coil, the ignition module and the coil itself. I have disconnected the Tach as well. No Change. I have reseated connectors to the ECM, inspected the pins on the connector, reset the 4 ground screws on the ECM,and checked all fuses. I am concluding that the Delcom model 16189069 has quit.
Have called/emailed a couple of Mastercraft dealers to get a new ECM, but no luck. Resorted to NAPA, but no luck either...
I welcome any additional troubleshooting tips to confirm the ECM, or if someone can help me find a source for the ECM.... Thank you

mikeg205
06-04-2014, 11:08 PM
ECM's are hard to come by - they show up on Ebay occasionally - Worthing Skier has a bunch in the UK.

I snapped one up a few months back on a gamble it may not work. You can use either mefi 1 16189069 or the mefi 2. they are plug compatible with some minor changes.