PDA

View Full Version : Airguide speedometer testing

Rolly
06-02-2014, 07:37 AM
Whatever Is the best Way to test airguide speedometer with the boat on the trailer

mikeg205
06-02-2014, 07:54 AM
Test to see if it works or calibrate?

Rolly
06-02-2014, 09:07 AM
Thanks mike ,actually i need to test if they work ,i think i have one that is dead ,last season i had water leaking from it,so i plugged up the tube to finish the season ,then later the other one stopped working and water was all over the carpet in the back left of the boat ,the cap had popped off the little metal tube ( do not have a name for it) i fixed it last night with metal epoxy .
My plan is to keep one airguide working and replace the other with the perfectpass stargaiser gps speedo .
My gut feeling is to put air pressure one the lines to see if they work what should i look for to see if they work i would imagine it does not need 2000 psi to test
Thanks
Rolly

Just a small note my english is not perfect since my mother tongue is french , hope i did not do to many mistakes !!!!!

TeamAllen
06-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Perfect Pass will be a great addition. You could have these guys convert your other gauge into a GPS speedo. That's exactly what I did. I installed PP and then sent the other one to them to have the conversion done.
http://www.nauticlaugic.com/airglide.html