PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Maristar

Ncsumd
06-01-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm a new member, but have been reading threads here for months. Really a great wealth of information. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has looked at this Maristar in S.C., and thoughts on it..? Thanks.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/4491433929.html

Bouyhead
06-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Boat looks super clean, a bit pricey, but it is that time of year.

bturner2
06-02-2014, 07:12 AM
That is really clean for a boat with 500 hours and 20 years. I'd almost want to see a recent newspaper next to it before going to see it.

The price matches the condition but is really strong for that particular model. Unless that is the boat you want I'd keep looking. It's definitely going to be about the best example of that boat out there but you're really paying for it too.

Ncsumd
06-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the replies and opinions. I agree the price is strong. Was hoping maybe someone here had seen it in person. What is a reasonable price for a boat this clean?

bturner2
06-02-2014, 05:05 PM
If it were the v drive version of that same hull that was produced the in 95 I'd say he was pretty close although I'd want it for $15k - $16K. With that hull I'd be closer to $14K - $15K, but that's me as I'm nota fan of the integrated platform on that boat.

The inboard version with the integrated platform was a good boat but just didn't take off in popularity. The integrated platform is a pain for slalom because it isn't long enough and not that great for wakeboarding because it isn't wide enough (at least that's how I felt about mine on my 95 MariStar 200). The way it was designed also took away from interior space compared to a traditional MC which hung the platform off the back of the hull. This hull would later be redesigned to the more traditional hull style that you see on the late 90s and early to mid 2000 MariStars.

etduc
06-02-2014, 05:39 PM
I always, liked the look. But putting a slalom ski on, standing on the integrated swim platform, is a pain. Might be less of a problem, for wake boarders.

Willing buyer vs. willing seller, determines final price.

Ncsumd
06-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the replies. Some good info I didn't even consider. Appreciate it.