PDA

View Full Version : ND/Minn skiers

shepherd
11-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Anybody here ski on Otter Tail Lake or Detroit Lakes? My cousin played steel drums in a band called Island Dreams at Graystone at Otter Tail Lake on Saturdays and Long Bridge Resort in Detroit Lakes on Sundays. Big, friendly hippy guy.

He was killed in a car accident earlier this week in Minnesota near a town called Downer (sounds about right, huh?). Another car lost control in the ice and hit him head on.

I was just wondering if anybody saw him/knew him from his days playing at those resorts??? He was a pretty cool guy. We spent some time together cruising around the UP of Michigan sharing a 6 pack a few years back during a family reunion. Last time I saw him...

jamisonsbrodie
11-21-2005, 01:27 AM
My family is from Detroit Lakes, and I have seen him play. My Dad told me about the accident yesterday. My dad and step mom enjoyed their music a lot. He was a very nice person from what they have told me. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

shepherd
11-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Thanks Jamison. When I heard he played music at those places, I figured those were the kind of places that some skiers would like to hang out at. So I thought someone here may have seen/met him. BTW, his name was John Orcutt.

I didn't really know him that well -- met occasionally at family reunions, exchanged Christmas cards, etc. I always wanted to go up there and visit but never made it. Too late now... :( Would have been neat to see him play those places and to check out your lakes up there.