PDA

View Full Version : 2006 X2 Surf Wake

jgoldsmith
05-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Hello all, as we all get older I find myself surfing more and wakeboarding less. This has to due with the amount of pain involved with crashing, LOL! We have been adding more ballast to our X2 to achieve a more desirable surf wake. Currently we use a piggy back 450 lbs bag filled over the hard tank in the port corner. We also fill the KGB, and if there are not enough riders a 250 lbs bag is placed as far forward in the center walk way as possible. The wake is large and very surfable for me at 210 lbs, riding a 50 inch Phase 5 board. The problem we are having is there is so much wash coming out of the center of the teak deck onto the wave. I first thought is was the swim platform. I did some modification and trimmed it down, and it is no longer a problem at all. I believe all the wash is prop wash. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how to eliminate this and clean up the wave. I called my dealer and there is no retrofit kits for plates or tabs from Mastercraft for my boat year. Any ideas?

MattsCraft
05-27-2014, 03:17 PM
A center tab will help. Also, what prop are you running?

jgoldsmith
05-27-2014, 03:19 PM
How would I go about the center tab option? My dealer said that is not an option for me with my age of boat. The prop we are running is a 14x14.25 I believe. We went to that to help the Perfect Pass hold better.

ap77
06-01-2014, 02:19 AM
An attitude plate will definitely clean up the wash. Try finding an after market tab if dealer cannot provide one.