PDA

View Full Version : Snow pics......

erkoehler
11-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Here are a couple pics from our resort over the last few days in St. Germain WI. Time to put the boat away :D

erkoehler
11-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Lakes aren't quite frozen yet.....

erkoehler
11-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Just a neat picture.....

erkoehler
11-17-2005, 07:54 PM
First ride of the season......

erkoehler
11-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Time to head home......

Ric
11-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Yikes that looks coooooold! Hey rosey, what am I seeing there, are you on a trailer or something or does that sled have a plow on the front??

sizzler
11-18-2005, 03:31 AM
eric......how many layers of clothing do you have on .....???

;) :uglyhamme

stumbledog
11-18-2005, 06:33 AM
HEY ERK

weren't you just water skiing a couple weeks ago???

Mag_Red
11-18-2005, 07:38 AM
:rant: You big Candy @ss! That lake isn't frozen yet...........you should be out there Footin' 8p

Leroy
11-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Mag; I believe I saw where Eric and Rockman ARE going out this weekend, now that will be great pictures, barefooting by snowy banks!

Nice looking snow Eric!

Mag_Red
11-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Mag; I believe I saw where Eric and Rockman ARE going out this weekend, now that will be great pictures, barefooting by snowy banks!

Nice looking snow Eric!I'll say it right here my friend...........those guys have bigger b@lls than I :uglyhamme

Hoff1
11-18-2005, 09:18 AM
That snow looks painful, but tempting. Hard to believe itís already that time of year. We hit mid 70ís on Tuesday, not very Thanksgiving like. This morning it was 17 degrees. Nice abrupt change for the holidays.

BrianM
11-18-2005, 10:07 AM
The snow sure is pretty but I sure am glad I don't have to shovel it.:cool:

Ric
11-18-2005, 10:10 AM
I'll say it right here my friend...........those guys have bigger b@lls than I :uglyhamme
not after a trip across that lake they won't!

Rockman
11-18-2005, 10:21 AM

Nice looking snow Eric!

Yes,

We'll be out Saturday. Have a couple friends coming down from Northern Michigan to ski with us as well. We'll take pics for sure. Not too sure though how much snow we have at our cottage... :confused:

erkoehler
11-18-2005, 10:22 AM
:rant: You big Candy @ss! That lake isn't frozen yet...........you should be out there Footin' 8p

Headin up to Rockman's place late tonight, should be out on the water by tomorrow afternoon.

erkoehler
11-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Yikes that looks coooooold! Hey rosey, what am I seeing there, are you on a trailer or something or does that sled have a plow on the front??

Sled is on a trailer, packed up ready to come home.

vogelm1
11-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Hey Erk - those pics look suspiciously like Lake Minocqua/BJ's Sportshop and possibly Hwy J ? Is your place on St. Germain, or just near St. Germain. I live in Woodruff year around...just bought an '05 197 from Stengl Marine in July so been hitting the local lakes regularly this summer. Sounds like you have a crew to ski with up here, but if you ever need a pull, just hollar.

Datdude
11-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Hey Erk,
it is pretty sad when a guy that lives in Illinois gets to ride his sled before a guy that lives in Minocqua...lucky bastage

Hey Vogelm1 it is nice to see some other Northwoods residents on here :toast: Do you live on a lake?

erkoehler
11-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Hey Erk - those pics look suspiciously like Lake Minocqua/BJ's Sportshop and possibly Hwy J ? Is your place on St. Germain, or just near St. Germain. I live in Woodruff year around...just bought an '05 197 from Stengl Marine in July so been hitting the local lakes regularly this summer. Sounds like you have a crew to ski with up here, but if you ever need a pull, just hollar.

Some of the shots are from "J" and some are from Old HWY 70 which is where we live off of. Our houses/cabins are on Finley lake which is in Cloverland right between St. Germain/Eagle River.

erkoehler
11-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Hey Erk,
it is pretty sad when a guy that lives in Illinois gets to ride his sled before a guy that lives in Minocqua...lucky bastage

Hey Vogelm1 it is nice to see some other Northwoods residents on here :toast: Do you live on a lake?

Its all good :D

Thrall
11-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Lookin promising up there. Just talked to my mom. She lives in Park Falls. Said there's 2-3" over there.

vogelm1
11-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Hey Erk,

Unfortunately not, but close to a couple we ski on quite a bit. A long-time family friend has a cabin on Stack's Bay on Minocqua... and his mother-in-law owns a place on Johnson Lake. His in-laws offered me docking priveledges, so of course I didn't turn them down!! I can be skiing on Johnson within 5 minutes of leaving my driveway. As with Erk, anytime a pull is needed I can be available. If the weather/water conditions are good I can usually get off work in the afternoons...however my skiing bro's cant. Glad to hear there's another Northwoods guy on the board!

Workin' 4 Toys
11-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Time to head home......
Erk, take a look at your strap in the back. I hope this is not how you always tie down the sleds. Looks like I found part of the problem with your Fcat suspension!!!

erkoehler
11-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Erk, take a look at your strap in the back. I hope this is not how you always tie down the sleds. Looks like I found part of the problem with your Fcat suspension!!!

I usually attach the strap to the bumper, but on that sled I noticed it was extremely loose, and didn't want to break it off.

Just out of curiousity, what is wrong with strapping it down that way? How do you keep em on the trailer?

Cloaked
11-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Very nice looking machine Erk... :guitar: :worthy:

Workin' 4 Toys
11-18-2005, 11:47 PM
I usually attach the strap to the bumper, but on that sled I noticed it was extremely loose, and didn't want to break it off.

Just out of curiousity, what is wrong with strapping it down that way? How do you keep em on the trailer?
First off. Why strap the back down? Do you think the front clamps are going to let go? Or are you thinking in case of impact those straps will keep it out of your back window (this I doubt)?

BriEOD
11-19-2005, 07:34 AM
Wow, so that is what snow looks like. ;) I've only seen it 3x's in my short life.

Leroy
11-19-2005, 08:08 AM
You need to get out a little more Brian if that counts as one of the three!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Wow, so that is what snow looks like. ;) I've only seen it 3x's in my short life.

Only 3 times?....Then Your lucky Bri!!!

We already have snow here of course. It sucks. :mad:
(OK here goes my winter rant.)
I love the warm weather and LOVE to waterski and I absolutely cannot get into snowmobiling in any shape, fashion or form. Ive tried it and it just aint happenin' for me. I dont like the cold for starters and the idea of sledding just aint that fun. I mean the actual driving of the machine doesnt excite me. Then again, motorcycles dont either anymore. back to sleds..... NO matter how you slice it, you have to smell that stinky a$$ exhaust on those beasts. Get all bundled up with clothes, go ride, sweat your arse off if your ridin hard. then you stop to take a break, socialize, bar, etc... and you get cold cuz your all wet and sweaty. YES, thats even with the correct gore tex clothing and moisture wicking under layers. and you cant get dry and shake the chill off. and it never fails, every year about 12 to 15 people get killed on a sled up here, and thats just in the UP. I know most is related to alcohol, but sometimes innocent people get collide with the drunk ones. Happens every year. The statistics are too high. I know, I know....I am a wet blanket. :(

so I winter it out in my studio with my guitars. :guitar: much safer and a hell of a lot more fun(for me anyway).

Workin' 4 Toys
11-19-2005, 09:59 PM
NO matter how you slice it, you have to smell that stinky a$$ exhaust on those beasts. Get all bundled up with clothes, go ride, sweat your arse off if your ridin hard. then you stop to take a break, socialize, bar, etc... and you get cold cuz your all wet and sweaty. YES, thats even with the correct gore tex clothing and moisture wicking under layers. and you cant get dry and shake the chill off. ).
Ah, yes, all that and then some is why I LOVE it so much. Thanks for the pep talk, Im going to go out and fire them up right now to burn off the rest of last year's fuel and get em ready. WHAHOO..

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-20-2005, 02:31 PM
:uglyhamme Its all good! Have yourself a good time. I know, I am just a weirdo that dont like winter sports. Its just me. Have yourself a great time, but please be safe and watch out for the idiots that arent being careful.

Remember, you need to ski next summer!!!!! :)

sizzler
11-21-2005, 02:35 AM
we've just had 3 days of the temp. getting down to 30-32f overnight...unheard of here....and are forecast snow on weds.....cant wait.....no snow here for abt 5 yrs i reckon in the london area......

BeavenX5
11-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Just went snow skiing yesterday. Oh it feels good after 6 weeks without waterskiing to finally start the new winter season.
The top of Mont Tremblant up in the Laurentians, 1 1/2 hour north of Montreal, was all snowy and 2 trails were open. Surprisingly good conditions for November 20th.
Sorry I did not bring the camera. Maybe next week-end.

Will have to wait at least another 6 weeks for the ski-doo as we only use it on the lake. Could be dangerous before christmas. :eek: