PDA

View Full Version : StarGazer / Z Box Upgrades

bturner2
05-19-2014, 04:10 PM
So we're having some PP issues on my brother in law's 05 Malibu Response (yeah I know it's a BU but I do have the X2 sitting next to it). Pretty sure it has to do with a bad paddle wheel housing but repairing the speed sensor got us to thinking about upgrading to StarGazer instead. I'm sold on the upgrade I did to StarGazer on my X2 so I'm comfortable recommending this for the Response.

The real question is with the Z Box. A couple of us ski at local tournaments and the boats being used for slalom all seem to be running Zero Off. We'd like to go ahead with the package deal being offered that includes everything needed (at a discount) to do the upgrade from a single line display to a StarGazer with Z Box. The questions I have are....

Has anyone out there done this?

Did you notice a difference?

How did the Z Box compare to a actual Zero Off equipped boat?

Thanks for any input!

JMLVMI
05-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Head over to ballofspray.com for tons of discussions about this!

east tx skier
05-19-2014, 06:20 PM
I think Zbox is fantastic. And I don't even have the most recent upgrade, which is supposed to make a huge difference. Some people have not had the good experiences I have, but my SG with ZB locks in more quickly than it ever did with SG alone. I think my tolerances are within 0.02 seconds of actual ball to ball. It's a solid system. I'm not a good enough skier however compare it to ZO. I don't notice the difference from behind the boat.