PDA

View Full Version : What bilge float switch came stock on a 1991 PS190?

GKinTN
05-18-2014, 02:12 PM
I just replaced my original yellow bilge pump on my 1991 PS190 with a Johnson Proline. The original hull mounting screws lined up nicely with the new pump being it's the same basic model as the original. Perhaps I should have gone with a 750gph (original was 600gph) but for now I installed the 500gph model: http://www.iboats.com/Johnson-Pump-Proline-Bilge-Pump-500-GPH/dm/view_id.1095006

That said I'd like to replace the float auto switch but it is currently totally missing. Any idea what model/brand of bilge float switch Mastercraft installed at the factory on this era PS190? Also how was the switch originally mounted?

Thanks!

GKinTN
05-31-2014, 03:29 AM
Chrismath88 had this pic in his restoration thread, showing the same pump my boat has. My original bilge pump is in a slightly different location (farther back) which may mean the switch can't be mounted just like his. That said, my bet is this is the factory setup being a Mayfair/Johnson brand switch and pump. I went ahead and ordered a Johnson 26014 switch which should work out ok as mine is totally missing and wires hanging...