PDA

View Full Version : Just signed up for Hyperlite Experience

MI_Corey
05-16-2014, 08:36 AM
I signed up to ride with Shaun Murray at the Hyperlite Experience in Ohio. I was wondering if anyone else on here has done this event and how your experience was. I just couldn't pass up the chance to ride with Murray.

snork
05-16-2014, 09:22 AM
I had a great time and plan on doing it again

MI_Corey
05-16-2014, 09:33 AM
What is it really? Do you get one set on board of your choice?

snork
05-16-2014, 11:35 AM
One maybe two sets depending on the number of participants and weather, typically two boards are offered Murray and Marek both bio, you can ride your own board but it has to be a hyperlite product, that's what I'd do unless you're in the market for something new
If you sign up with Murray you'll ride behind the G23 and if sign up with Rusty it'll be behind the XStar

JamesL
05-16-2014, 11:35 AM
I just order a ticket for myself and a buddy. Should be a good time

MI_Corey
05-16-2014, 01:17 PM
I just order a ticket for myself and a buddy. Should be a good time

Did you sign up for Maumee or Cincy? I guess I'll just ride my own set up then since I'm already on the current Marek shape.

JamesL
05-16-2014, 01:48 PM
No Wake Marine Cincy. I also ride on a marek and love it, Ill probably bring that and see what they have to offer as well

snork
05-16-2014, 02:42 PM
I'd suggest bringing your own equipment as long as theres room for it, takes too much time to set up their boards to your preferences

GoneBoatN
05-16-2014, 03:05 PM
I just signed up for the one in Orwood, CA (NorCal Delta). Woo Hoo! I get to ride behind an X-Star...

WakeWise
05-18-2014, 12:07 AM
How do you sign up for the Delta experience?

WakeWise

Aric'sX15
05-18-2014, 01:10 AM
Snork where did you do it at?

snork
05-18-2014, 12:01 PM
Lake Grapevine

GoneBoatN
05-18-2014, 11:27 PM
How do you sign up for the Delta experience?

WakeWise

I found it via google. Google answers all! :D
The URL is http://www.hyperlite.com/experience/
Click on Northwest and scroll down to find it. Also one being sponsored by Sporting Edge being run out of Orwood the day before.

Aric'sX15
05-18-2014, 11:57 PM
Lake Grapevine

Let me know when the sign up is, would be sweet to do it with a TT'er

WakeWise
05-19-2014, 02:10 AM
Thanks!!

WakeWise

snork
05-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Let me know when the sign up is, would be sweet to do it with a TT'er

this would be the date I'd be interested in
June 11 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm @ Buxton
with Jimmy LaRiche, looks like Murray will be doing the NE tour

JamesL
06-27-2014, 07:38 AM
Went yesterday with Shaun Murray and had a blast. He is an awesome guy and gave lots of helpful pointers

MI_Corey
06-27-2014, 07:42 AM
I'm up right now getting ready to go!

MI_Corey
06-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Had a blast doing this yesterday lots of cool people and good riding conditions. Mastercraft has some steep competition with the G23. Very comfortable boat and a great wake. I ended up riding the Murray board because they only had a short Franchise and Webb with them. Coming from a Marek I was surprised how much more responsive it was in changing edges and it is a very fast board. Definitely the first 3 stage I've been comfortable on. I used the webb boots on the new system pros. I'm sold on these. I have the old systems and the new ones are a lot more comfortable and seem to fit better. The only thing I didn't like was the franchise handle we were using. It's a thick foam style grip and it's very slippery when wet. A couple other guys in the boat felt the same way about it. Murray worked on my toe side wake to wake form and got me spotting the landing on my heel side back rolls earlier. Everyone got a 15 or 20 minute set, pictures with Murray signed, and a grab bag of hyperlite swag.

GoneBoatN
06-28-2014, 09:59 PM
Had a blast doing this yesterday lots of cool people and good riding conditions. Mastercraft has some steep competition with the G23. Very comfortable boat and a great wake. I ended up riding the Murray board because they only had a short Franchise and Webb with them. Coming from a Marek I was surprised how much more responsive it was in changing edges and it is a very fast board. Definitely the first 3 stage I've been comfortable on. I used the webb boots on the new system pros. I'm sold on these. I have the old systems and the new ones are a lot more comfortable and seem to fit better. The only thing I didn't like was the franchise handle we were using. It's a thick foam style grip and it's very slippery when wet. A couple other guys in the boat felt the same way about it. Murray worked on my toe side wake to wake form and got me spotting the landing on my heel side back rolls earlier. Everyone got a 15 or 20 minute set, pictures with Murray signed, and a grab bag of hyperlite swag.

Cool. I go out Monday on the Hyperlite Experience. My plan is to demo the Murray. I was told that the Marek would be much more "locked in" on the water and I don't what that. I like pop but I don't want to sacrifice speed or that easy flip to switch and back.

MI_Corey
06-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Cool. I go out Monday on the Hyperlite Experience. My plan is to demo the Murray. I was told that the Marek would be much more "locked in" on the water and I don't what that. I like pop but I don't want to sacrifice speed or that easy flip to switch and back.

I ride a Marek and it's not as locked in as people make it sound but it does require a little push to break loose. The good thing about it is that it's really fast and lands nice. The Murray was pretty sweet though. I actually wanted to ride either a Franchise or Webb but they didn't have those with them.

GoneBoatN
07-02-2014, 01:10 AM
I ride a Marek and it's not as locked in as people make it sound but it does require a little push to break loose. The good thing about it is that it's really fast and lands nice. The Murray was pretty sweet though. I actually wanted to ride either a Franchise or Webb but they didn't have those with them.

I did not get a chance to demo the Marek, just the Murray. The Murray was nice as it is a bit more forgiving but I found it a bit slow to charge at the wake. I want to demo the Marek; For now I will stick with my LF Harley.

Also, here is a short video I make from some GoPro footage of Rusty.
https://vimeo.com/99683828