PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Prostar wiring Diagram

College Kid
05-14-2014, 04:33 PM
Trying to track down an issue with my boat not starting. Read here:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=56129

I have since narrowed it down to probably the rats nest of wiring behind the dash. The PO bypassed the safety lanyard, which I want to rectify, and I also think this is causing my no start problems maybe too.

Does anyone have a diagram for all the gauges and switches? As well as the wiring for the lanyard?

College Kid
05-14-2014, 04:45 PM
A couple pictures, because everyone loves pictures. Does anyone know what that is in the fourth picture?

JMann
05-14-2014, 04:50 PM
4th picture looks like your safety switch and it doesn't look bypassed to me. Some one else will chime in soon to confirm or deny…….

College Kid
05-14-2014, 05:10 PM
interesting.......

This is what was in the spot near the throttle.

no wire going to it at all. It does look new thou.

The purple wires from that "module" go to the ignition, and to the panel behind the dash

College Kid
05-14-2014, 06:50 PM
A Little more digging and I have figured out it is the orginal cut off switch. It is of course missing the lanyard. And has in fact been bypassed, using a clamp on style connector buried in cable wrap. So now I need to figure out how to wire in the new one. It has 4 posts on it, where the original only has 2? Does anyone have a good diagram of what wires I need to run?

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
05-14-2014, 07:00 PM
That "module" is the audible alarm for temp, oil and volts. It will not cause your problems and probably doesn't even work.

College Kid
05-14-2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks J. yep does nothing. Although it is wired to the "shut-off" switch.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
05-14-2014, 07:43 PM
Thanks J. yep does nothing. Although it is wired to the "shut-off" switch.

Its not wired to the "shut off switch" the purple wire mearly branches off the main harness and feeds the audible alarm.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
05-14-2014, 07:58 PM
Whats your problem with the boat?

College Kid
05-14-2014, 10:42 PM
Won't start.

I replaced the flywheel last season. And as soon as I put it back together it wouldn't start. It will crank, but that's it, won't seem to "catch". I have electronic ignition, and have replaced the distributor cap, as well as coil. I have worked through all the electrical up to the dash and it is all set up properly, and as you can see the dash and wiring are a bit of mess.