Heater
Towable heavy duty canvas cover
CD player w/amp, 4 6x9 spkrs and a base speaker
Mastercraft Tandem trailer w/electric/hydraulic brakes and foldable tongue
Teak swim step

Its in great condition, second owner and never been in salt water

jk13
05-11-2014, 02:14 AM
If buying, start at 10k and work your way up to 12.5k if it's in good shape.

If selling, start at 14k and work down to 12.5k.

So basically 12.5k.;) Any less is a decent buy and any more is a decent sell. I'm not a huge fan of that particular tower, so it's of no added value to me, but others have it and like it.

Don't forget to check condition of trailer tires and cover. Both can be close to a $1000 to replace. Also, what is the bimini repaired with by the rear tower leg and why are the interior pics pre-tower install?

mikeg205
05-11-2014, 10:17 AM
This time of year with tower, heater, LT1, and Tandem trailer be ready to pay closer to 14K or even $15K. A 1995 Sammy Duvall recently sold for $16500.

I agree with jk13 but we are in the premium price cycle of boats.

Don't forget to follow this guide.

mike

rblechta
05-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the advise, i will let you know what i end up doing. I am the buyer in this one!

mikeg205
05-11-2014, 11:30 AM
I bought my 1995 205 in late august. If they are asking $13,800 they should be able to get at least 5% less. original drums, old tires, old leaf springs should be able to get at least a 5% drop in negotiated price.. have a check and cash in hand... good luck - nice purchase if you get it!

rblechta
05-11-2014, 09:40 PM
I think i can get this boat for 13K. The only problem i am having is that this boat is 1,200 miles from where i am at. I was going to purchase it then have it shipped up to me. I can get it professionally shipped to me for 1K. So out the door where talking 14K. Has anyone bought a boat with out actually seeing it in person? The seller is going to take a 30sec video of the entire boat and point out the small scrape it has in the gelcoat in the front bow. Besides the video and pictures should there be anything else i should ask for? I did ask about the maintenance and it hasn't been serviced for 50 hours so its due for one. I was planning on bringing it my service guy as soon as it arrives to do a complete service.

Ski-me
05-11-2014, 09:50 PM
I know you have two threads going on this boat but I'll tell you what I did. I was the worst, bought it sight unseen, on eBay, from a pawn shop! Talk about a huge risk!

I did find a local, independent person to check it over and do a compression test...just wanted to at least know the engine was good. Everything checked out for me and I used uship to get it delivered to me.

Now most in here will say don't buy without seeing...and that's good advice. It's up to you. Maybe have a local mastercraft dealer check it out for you?!? Or have someone in here check it out for you. A lot of people here love to help each other out.

Where are you located and the boat? I see nw and California......

rblechta
05-11-2014, 10:43 PM
I live in Big Sky, Montana and the Boat is in Southern CA. I was going to do the same thing you did except the compression check. I was going to use U ship to ship it up to me. Its just a huge risk but might have to go that way to get a good boat for a good price.

Sydney Skier
05-11-2014, 10:44 PM
see if a local TT member could go and look at it for you. At least then youll get a good report

rblechta
05-11-2014, 10:46 PM
Yeah thats a good idea, Just need to find someone. Anyone out there live near Ventura CA?