PDA

View Full Version : Feedback/Opinions for a Buddy

bobx1
05-07-2014, 10:57 AM
A buddy of mine is seriously considering this boat:

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/4446747157.html

I told him to get some detailed pictures of sides, motor, underwater gear, etc. then call around the area to various inboard dealers to have them check it out before he makes the 7 hour drive to look and possibly purchase.

Thoughts/feedback???

P.S. PLEASE do not steal this boat out from under him!

mikeg205
05-07-2014, 11:07 AM
Not an MC so I don't think anyone here will steal that away ;) -have you checked onlyinboards.com?

many other options in that year including MC's. I am not a big Sanger fan I would stick with MC, Nautique and Malibu... IMO

_fng_
05-07-2014, 11:09 AM
My buddy is Corpus has been looking at that boat, I'm not sure if he water tested it yet or not. I'll see what his feedback is if he looked at it personally.

bobx1
05-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Mike:

Ha ha....yes, I know it is not a MC but he has a budget and wants a VDrive with a tower. Do you know if Sanger had wood stringers that year? BTW, he has been looking at onlyinboards, Craigs List, etc. (and I have sent him a few links from here). He is in North Louisiana and trying stay within 300-400 miles of his home and trying to stay in the $25-$30K range.

FNG....that would be great to hear the feedback from your buddy.

Thanks much for the feedback so far guys!

_fng_
05-07-2014, 12:27 PM
He's checking out the 215 and a newer MB sports tomcat (hope he likes this one, they're nice!) this weekend in Houston. I'll let you know his feedback.

I think all Sangers have wood stringers but how much of an issue that is with their construction style is debatable (and since I don't have enough info I'm staying out of that debate).

Rossterman
05-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Believe stringers are still wood- they claim they are a special treated material that will never rot and have a lifetime guarantee (probably for original owner only so not worth too much if buying 2nd hand).

Aric'sX15
05-07-2014, 08:41 PM
Buds 06 x1 is for sale and can be around that price, also in texas. We are ready to move on it.

_fng_
05-09-2014, 10:31 AM
My buddy that was going to look at this boat bought a 2010 MB Tomcat instead so no feedback. Looks like a clean boat. Good luck.