PDA

View Full Version : At least it wasn't a Mastercraft!

T Scott
11-14-2005, 08:36 AM
I saw this accident yesterday and I guess it could be an argument to use tie downs. Actually, from info. floating around the accident scene, the boat and white truck were parked in a CVS drugstore parking lot and the owner was inside getting drinks, etc. The green truck ran a red light, lost control of his vehicle, jumped the median, crossed three lanes of oncoming traffic, jumped the curb and plowed into the side of the boat, causing it to flip off its trailer. I'm happy to say, nobody was seriously injured.

mrcrowson
11-14-2005, 08:43 AM
OUCH looks pretty bad.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-14-2005, 10:12 AM
The tie downs. This goes for the same arguement I hear people have about seat belts. If it was strapped down(in), the damage could have been much worse on impact? Tough call...

Oh, and its nice to know noone was injured.

pilot02
11-15-2005, 03:08 PM
The tie downs. This goes for the same arguement I hear people have about seat belts. If it was strapped down(in), the damage could have been much worse on impact? Tough call...

Oh, and its nice to know noone was injured.

There may not have been any injuries as a result of the accident, but if it had been my boat and truck hit, there might have been afterwards..... :rant:

BriEOD
11-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Wow, I'd be pissed!! :mad:

erkoehler
11-17-2005, 09:25 PM
ouch!!! Sure makes you think how much you should use tie dows.....

Ski-A-Rees
11-17-2005, 09:35 PM
On the subject of seat belts... My dad had been a cop since before I was born and he always says that he has never unbelted a dead body! But on the other hand he has pulled several out of a wind sheld! I always strap it down! Why take the chance!

captkidd
11-23-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure tie-downs would have helped a lot in this situation. If the truck hit the trailer hard enough to do that, the tie-downs probably would have broken. They're just not designed for that much force.