PDA

View Full Version : 2013 X-55 Display Issues

dsmith6151
05-04-2014, 09:50 AM
I dewinterized my 2013 X-55. Upon initial attempt to start main battery did not have enough power to start. Changed battery selector to both batteries. Boat started immediately. However display did not come back to life (it is dead), surf and trim tabs, ballast pumps not working. All other functions operational.

Any ideas on how to reboot display? I tried turning off power as though frozen, no effect.

Does any know if surf/trim tabs and ballast pumps are tied to the display (i.e. dead display no tabs or pumps)?.

I've checked all circuit breakers and fuses, nothing wrong there.

bobx1
05-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Have you tried to disconnect the batteries then reconnect? I would also give both batteries a full charge before you start chasing other options.

Astepatatime
05-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Can you operate the surf/trim tabs or ballast tanks with the manual controls instead of via the display?

I wonder if you run for a bit and the battery recharges, if restarting with battery switch on 1 will bring display back on. I think my 55 manual is here (boat isn't). I may go read up and see if it says anything....

dsmith6151
05-04-2014, 09:52 PM
I've fully charged both batteries, no effect on display. Did not attempt to disconnect batteries. I will give that a try next weekend. Boat stays on the lake, I'm now 3 hour drive away.

I've used the manual switches, everything that is controlled from the display is dead, surf and trim tabs as well as ballast pumps.

Did a 2 hour run down the lake and back, so I know batteries are fully charged. Stopped for lunch, restarted display still dead. Other than display, tabs and ballast boat runs great.

dsmith6151
05-04-2014, 10:01 PM
I've fully charged both batteries, no effect on display. Did not attempt to disconnect batteries. I will give that a try next weekend. Boat stays on the lake, I'm now 3 hour drive away.

I've used the manual switches, everything that is controlled from the display is dead, surf and trim tabs as well as ballast pumps.

Did a 2 hour run down the lake and back, so I know batteries are fully charged. Stopped for lunch, restarted display still dead. Other than display, tabs and ballast boat runs great.

jgraham37128
05-04-2014, 10:08 PM
i believe you have to disconnect the batteries and then reconnect.

dsmith6151
05-04-2014, 10:12 PM
If the dealer does not get to lake and fixes the issue over the week I will give this a try.

CantRepeat
05-04-2014, 10:13 PM
If the battery was so dead that it would not turn over the engine it may not take a charge from the alternator. As suggested, I would disconnect the batteries and put them on a charger.

dsmith6151
05-04-2014, 10:28 PM
I trickle charged the battery Saturday morning (did not disconnect battery). Battery took the charges, started boat without issue on the single battery selection. I will disconnect both batteries to see this resets the display.