PDA

View Full Version : 2007 MCX check engine

wheeler
05-03-2014, 09:27 AM
winterized the boat last year, pulled knock sensors, hoses etc to drain water. put all plugs back in. Purchased some RV antifreeze. fired boat up to put RV antifreeze in block (just as a safe measure). after about 10 seconds of the boat running the buzzer and check engine code flashed on the lcd. I thought I would wait until spring to see if I could remedy the problem. took to ramp and fired it up, still have same problem. Pulled both knock sensors to make sure they did not seemed damaged.

I have oil pressure.
Boat get ups to temp 160 degrees, no hotter.

this is about all I did as far as the things I touched....

any thoughts?....bad knock sensor?

thanks,

sand2snow22
05-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Batteries charged? Probably just a low voltage code. Needs to be cleared with Diacomm. 2007 a bad year for codes...

ttu
05-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Batteries charged? Probably just a low voltage code. Needs to be cleared with Diacomm. 2007 a bad year for codes...

that is what I was thinking. but can't you do 3 start warm stop cycles and it will clear the code?

Kweisner
05-03-2014, 01:01 PM
that is what I was thinking. but can't you do 3 start warm stop cycles and it will clear the code?

That's been my experience and I too have an '07 MCX.

wheeler
05-03-2014, 07:02 PM
changed out knock sensors and it did not fix the problem. I have run 3 cold to 160 degree cycles and the alarm and check engine is still displayed on the lcd.

I have oil pressure, does not overheat and my volt gauge is reading over 13v. I have checked every connection that I can see. I guess I am hauling it to the dealer to have the code checked, I am out of ideas at this point.

when I push the throttle button in to give it gas without it being engaged in gear it bounces on and off 4,000rpm like it is hitting a rev limiter, I cannot remember it doing that before, is that normal while revving it in neutral?

thanks for any ideas.

ttu
05-03-2014, 07:28 PM
this is starting to remind me of when I had a similar issue years ago. turned out to be the tbw sensor went bad and knock on wood it was under warranty at the time. (tbw was the throttle by wire) fyi.

wheeler
05-06-2014, 08:50 AM
had the codes cleared. alarm and check engine does not come on now. tech said both knock sensors had tripped the code, so I may have turned the key on during winterization while both knock sensors were unhooked. Now that I know how to silence the buzzer and check engine, as well as the poor mans way of clearing the code I should be good.

Thanks for all of you help and ideas, it sure helps with the trouble shooting.

jackpita
05-06-2014, 08:52 AM
How did you clear the codes?

bturner2
05-06-2014, 09:52 AM
An what were those procedures?

wheeler
05-06-2014, 02:39 PM
How did you clear the codes?

I had a local shop clear the codes.

wheeler
05-06-2014, 02:44 PM
An what were those procedures?

You can clear all codes by putting the ECM into service mode and moving the throttle from stop to full and then back again.

This is for MEFI 1-4

check this thread:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=35512&highlight=check+engine