PDA

View Full Version : Carpet problem on bow rest on a 2002 MC trailer

h2oskier
11-12-2005, 05:29 AM
I have a '03 209 and a '02 MC trailer. The carpet on the bow rest areahas been pulled off by the by the eye hook under the bow. This happens mostly when I put the boat on the trailer.

I put the trailer in the water just to the point the water is at the top of the fenders. Is this the right spot? I drive the boat on to the trailer to get it in to position.

Once I fix the carpet I am wondering if there is anyone has had the same problem and what you have done to stop this from happening.

Thanks

erkoehler
11-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Try leaving the fenders out of the water 1-2". This should help with that problem, however it will vary by the ramp that you are using.

Ric
11-12-2005, 10:52 AM
I have a '03 209 and a '02 MC trailer. The carpet on the bow rest areahas been pulled off by the by the eye hook under the bow. This happens mostly when I put the boat on the trailer.

I put the trailer in the water just to the point the water is at the top of the fenders. Is this the right spot? I drive the boat on to the trailer to get it in to position.

Once I fix the carpet I am wondering if there is anyone has had the same problem and what you have done to stop this from happening.

Thanks
I have the same problem on my 05 and an 04 that I had this past summer. My bowhook mostly catches that bowrest when backing off the trailer. I forced it with the throttle once backing off the trailer and completely broke one of those carpeted rests :eek:
I cannot tell you that it's the fault of the trailer or the lackluster ramp at our club lake. Maybe it's the loose nut behind the steering wheel :D

ted shred
11-12-2005, 08:41 PM
The trailer is in the water to far .Leave at least two inches of the fender tops out of the water. You will find the boat will center itself on the trailer better too.