View Full Version : little black button at top of ballast gauge panel

04-27-2014, 11:00 PM
I hope this is not a stupid question. I just noticed that there is what looks like a little black button at the top of my ballast gauge panel. It has a black rubber boot that covers it. I had the boat already up on the trailer and in the building before I noticed it, so I didn't try pushing it out on the water. The button does depress, but just a short distance. Is this really a button, if so what does it do?

Ejection seat maybe?

04-27-2014, 11:19 PM

04-28-2014, 11:17 AM
hyphen-duphenator to activate the whiz bang gizmo? Probably a reset for the circuit. Mine just has a blank plug in that location. If you have tower lights I think that is where the tower light switch is located.

04-28-2014, 11:21 AM
not sure on yours but guessing it's the same as my 07, it's a black cover that is where you can install the tower lights switch.

04-28-2014, 12:51 PM
I have tower lights, but that switch is located on the main dash panel.

What Snork said is probably right, fuse reset.

04-30-2014, 04:58 PM
The tower light switch is on the ballast panel. The little black button is right above the tower light switch.

Jeff d
04-30-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm not familiar with your particular boat but usually those buttons are resettable breakers. It feels like there's nothing in the rubber boot but if the breaker does actually pop you will feel the button to reset it inside there.

Does it look like this:

If so, it's the breaker. It doesn't do anything except keep water out of the breaker and you'll never need to touch it unless something in your ballast system trips it.