PDA

View Full Version : Clymer Repair manulas

h2oskier
11-11-2005, 05:40 AM
Has anyone seen or used this Clymer shop repair manual. Wondering if it is helpfull or not.

Here is the link for the book.
https://www.primediabooks.com/Products.asp?GRPID=4109

I have a '03 209 with a MCX engine.

Thanks

BriEOD
11-11-2005, 05:59 AM
I noticed that they are advertising them in WaterSki Mag. I have no idea whether they are helpful or not. I would assume so.

tommcat
11-11-2005, 11:18 AM
i've never liked their manuals for cars but that may be because they are a little too basic for me since i'm used to factory Ford manuals.
since i cant seem to find any manual for my boat at all i'd guess it would be better than nothing?

chico
11-18-2005, 07:08 PM
I just got my clymer manual.this thing is loaded with great info. if everyone had this in their boat there would be a lot less questions on this board.

tommcat
11-21-2005, 05:16 PM
does it have info on the whole boat, such as wiring diagrams, or is it strictly on the engine itself?

bigmac
11-21-2005, 06:12 PM
does it have info on the whole boat, such as wiring diagrams, or is it strictly on the engine itself?

Strictly Indmar V8's from 1983 to 2003. There's a little info on various Teleflex components. Transmission data is sketchy and only covers Borg-Warner and Walters V-drive trannies. There is a little info on Hurth inlines, like how to check the fluid level :rolleyes: .

Like many of the Clymer manuals, it's lack of model specificity limits its usefulness (20 years of Indmar V8's !!). It would be a reasonably nice adjunct to an actual Indmar factory service manual, especially if you had the appropriate factory transmission service manual too. Without those, and without an actual MasterCraft model-specific book, I judge this Clymer manual's overall usefulness to be quite limited, especially if you have a later-model boat.

OTOH, it's only $25. A bargain compared to any other of the many, many service manuals I have sitting around out in the shop.