PDA

View Full Version : Ignition switch.

amber 6
11-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Time to carry on with my refurbishment. First item is the ignition switch.
I have an 83 stars and stripes. The ignition switch does not appear to be original. There is no safety switch either. 1. Does any one have a picture of their dash with ignition switch 2. where can I purchase one and 3. was there a "safety switch" on this model.

richardsoncd
11-10-2005, 12:51 PM
I just had to replace my ignition on my 79, I had to do it while on the lake, I just went to a local marina and picked one up, I think it was like 10 or 15 bucks. By safety switch, you mean a kill switch with a lanyard attached to it?

amber 6
11-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Yes was there one.

M-Funf
11-10-2005, 01:05 PM
I doubt it. I've seen one other early 80's MC, and there was no safety switch.

I just replace my ignition switch. My keys were stolen out of the back of my tow vehicle, so I had to replace all keys and locks/switches.

I wen't for a more expensive all brass construction switch that matched the original...

Got more photos of you boat? Dash looks great! Do the speedo's work???

amber 6
11-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Yes sure do from inside completely removed to rebuild of stringers, floor and all.
Both speedo's work for info

dog paw
11-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Looks sweet! I have a 84, same color also. It has no saftey switch but it does have a main system fuse next to the ing switch that I don't see on yours. I had to replace my switch also, it got to the point where you had to back off the key while cranking or it would not start. I see your seats are smooth mine have the fake "stitching" on the upholstery

amber 6
11-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Ta for the info. There is a hole above (or below) the ignition switch so it must have been there and removed when I bought the boat.