PDA

View Full Version : Please help wiring Faria

wake up
04-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Looking for suggestions installing my new Faria depth finder in my 2001 x30. Im replacing the stock depth finder that did not work. Instructions say to "connect the purple wire to a 12 volt DC circuit that is activated by the ignition". I do not have power at the purple wire used for the stock depth finder. So I need to find another power source behind the dash. I would rather not use an accessory rocker switch, just want it on like the other gauges with the key. Any suggestion where to tap into for power?

Cloaked
04-18-2014, 08:04 PM
Looking for suggestions installing my new Faria depth finder in my 2001 x30. Im replacing the stock depth finder that did not work. Instructions say to "connect the purple wire to a 12 volt DC circuit that is activated by the ignition". I do not have power at the purple wire used for the stock depth finder. So I need to find another power source behind the dash. I would rather not use an accessory rocker switch, just want it on like the other gauges with the key. Any suggestion where to tap into for power?'On' or 'run' post on the ignition switch should give you power under operation. There is where the purple should reside for other uses.

TN Skier
04-18-2014, 09:40 PM
'On' or 'run' post on the ignition switch should give you power under operation. There is where the purple should reside for other uses.

This is where I went for power to my humminbird depth finder.