PDA

View Full Version : Tower light switch

Propwash
04-14-2014, 11:10 AM
On my 2008 X2 the tower light switch can only select forward or aft. Not both at once and although surfing at night is illegal, during twilight hours I would like to have both the forward and rear on at the same time. Has anybody wired around the switch? Is it odd to want both sets on at once? Whats the consensus?

cjerpx15
04-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Just picked up an x15. The sales guy told me the same thing, but when we turned the lights on, the front and backs both come on....lol....so it has been rewired at some point. I will have a look, but I bet it is as simple as making a jumper wire for the back of the switch.

Propwash
04-14-2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks, that would be great. I was wondering if it may be to much for the breaker to wire a jumper. If yours handles it I will definitely give it a shot.

willg
04-14-2014, 11:06 PM
Wire it up like nav lights. One throw of the switch operates front or rear, the other throw operates front and rear. To get an idea of how to do it, look here: http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/electrical-systems/navigation-light-wiring-dual-stations-46212.html

Mostly just the wiring picture
Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk