PDA

View Full Version : Motorola V710

parks_jr_55
11-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Anyone know the program to use with this phone for bluetooth.

I am looking for a program like Nokia PC Suite.

erkoehler
11-08-2005, 02:52 AM
My brother works for verizon, I will ask him in the morning. If I forget to come back and post shoot me a PM to remind me.

88 PS190
11-08-2005, 02:54 AM
menu, settings, connection, bluetooth, setup, find me, follow instructions that came w/ the headset, some are different depending on manufacturer.

This info comes from the E815 which is a newer model, but likely shares aspects of the firmware.

bigmac
11-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Anyone know the program to use with this phone for bluetooth.

I am looking for a program like Nokia PC Suite.

I assume you mean the ability to connect your computer to the phone via Bluetooth for downloading images, downloading and modifying ringtones, and for using your cellphone as a wireless mobile modem for your laptop to surf the internet from a taxicab...

Motorola's Mobile Phone Tools (http://motorola.handango.com/entertainment/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=522&jid=X3F752DX783FXBD97FB6F78E45F48DE9&carrierId=2&platformId=6&productType=2&productId=93724&sectionId=5409&catalog=50) . It's a very good program and works very well for all those things I mentioned. Current version is 3.28. It does have a Live Update feature for keeping versions current, however. It's about $30...IIRC, I bought the software from Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/103-0526883-7309413.)

There are all kinds of different packages of MPT, but I believe the MPT software is all the same - the difference in those kits is in the data cable that comes with it since Motorola uses several different kinds of data cables in their various phones. Shouldn't be an issue if you're using Bluetooth, but sometimes Bluetooth connections to laptops are a little flakey, so I use the cable and connect the phone via USB.

edit: You may find free downloads of MPT various places, but make sure you are getting version 3.0 or higher. Versions 2.xx aren't upgradeable to 3.xx without paying, and IIRC version 2.xx won't work with the V710.