PDA

View Full Version : 2009 X-Star fuel sender

Paulvette
04-02-2014, 04:51 AM
end of last season I bought a 2009 X-Star - absolutely love it and have done a few modifications over the winter but the boat is fairly pristine, having a few minor problems so will post on them separately. I have noticed the fuel gauge works, when I fill it the fuel gauge registers full and then during use it gradually goes down as it should eventually reaching a 1/4 tank when the low fuel screen comes up on VDIG so I go and fill it and find out it takes around 14 gallons to fill it (same result 3 times now). Mastercraft dealership in UK said its a faulty sender which is possible but i'm thinking as the gauge actually works and the fault seems to be where it believes a 1/4 tank or empty to be would point to the fuel sender in there being the wrong length? Its a Royston sender in there part code 1-0510-1144-0100-C1 (and I think the 0100 means 10") - as MC here don't know what length the sender should be does anybody know what length sender the 09 X-Star should have in it? I've seen on here that a WEMA seems to be the best replacement but I still need to find out what size to order...

can anybody shed any light on this one for me? any help would be much appreciated as i'm heading to Texas on Saturday so can ship any parts I need there..

snork
04-02-2014, 09:30 AM
needs to be reprogrammed

Paulvette
04-02-2014, 09:40 AM
thanks Snork, I'm assuming you mean the ECU needs to plugged in at the dealership and re-programmed?

snork
04-02-2014, 03:08 PM
yes sir