PDA

View Full Version : looking for a bed.....

milkmania
11-07-2005, 12:39 PM
like this one, taken from a log cabin magazine.

doesn't really need to be made from pine logs like this, I just need the functionality of a twin over queen or twin over full

but, none of that particle board vaneer crap:rant:

http://www.writeonrice.com/bed2.jpg

any ideas?

LakePirate
11-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Bass Pro Shops has some pine log furniture don't know if they have a set up like that.

Whatever you do DO NOT BUY FURNITURE FROM ROOMS TO GO. It is junk, affordable, but junk none the less.

milkmania
11-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Bass Pro Shops has some pine log furniture don't know if they have a set up like that.

Whatever you do DO NOT BUY FURNITURE FROM ROOMS TO GO. It is junk, affordable, but junk none the less.

thanks, they just opened a new Bass Pro Shopp in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.....less than 90 minutes away, I need to go there anyway;)

LakePirate
11-07-2005, 02:00 PM
I went over to www.basspro.com (http://www.basspro.com) and they do not have what you are looking for and they don't have the furniture in stock it has to be ordered.

But....everyone can always use a trip to Bass Pro shops.
It is a little slice of heaven.

shepherd
11-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Man, I can see myself banging my head (and knees, shins, elbows, etc.) on the logs in that bed :(

bcampbe7
11-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Man, I can see myself banging my head (and knees, shins, elbows, etc.) on the logs in that bed :(

Edit:
.................. :D

88 PS190
11-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Ok, idea for you, The top pine bed is just a lofted bunk bed. you can find these in numerous styles, mission being a favorite. They offer them in various lengths and such and the spawn would allow you to find a bed w/ the desired width to fit another bed underneath. If you located them both from the same company i'm sure you could find a good match. Some companies probably offer them unfinished so that you could match the colors, or you could refinish to the same finish.

milkmania
11-07-2005, 03:46 PM
or a better plan.........

my wife could let me have that wood shop I always wanted:rant:

listen to me, it's like I'm asking her if I can have it, where did I go wrong???

88 PS190
11-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Ha ha, like the comercial for sears where the wife sends a guy out for new furniture for the dining room, and he comes home and is hanging out in the garage w/ all his new tools and stacks of wood... This is the new furniture!

Tip... buy it, and give it to her for christmas.

Or do it one tool at a time over a few months, getting used when you can, because they're are alot of good deals about.

mitch
11-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Look for DIY plans. I had a couple of links, nut they're dead now. I'm also intersted in building 3 for my lakehouse.