PDA

View Full Version : Speed Control Options

88 PS190
11-07-2005, 03:46 AM
Looking for a good speed control, boat will be used for anything from kneeboard to slalom, but the courses do not have timing magnets, and we are not pro skiers.

Any suggestions asfar as what you prefer, and what is really needed. ie. PP basic cruise? too few features, or on any of accuski's lineup perhaps?

Thanks.

H20skeefreek
11-07-2005, 08:20 AM
without magnets, I don't know that I wouldn't just consider the basic PP cruise (695 bucks). You can get hand timers, and you can upgrade later if you want. Accuski seems to make a nice system, but they don't have a basic system. They start at 999bucks and go up from there (unless you have a newer MC or 'bu, then they start at 499 and it ties into the boats current system, and from your screen name, I assume you don't have one of those)

over at wakeside rides there is going to be a group buy on PP, I would assume cruise would be included, if you jump it there you may get an even better price, and help others get a better price on theirs.

http://www.wakesiderides.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16780

88 PS190
11-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the information, i like the concept of the basic cruise but Also like the idea of a consistant speed.

Is anyone here rocking with the following.
Accuski Protour
Accuski Easy Cruise
PP Basic Cruise

Would like opinions as to how well they hold speed w/ slalom skiers. Thanks.

pilot02
11-07-2005, 02:26 PM
I essentially have an accuski Protour. It was a 2000 but I had the ECM flashed.

I like it.

Actually used it yesterday.... :) (for you Jeff)

Skiing behind Perfect Pass and Accuski, I have not been able to tell a difference. The only notable difference I've found is that the Accuski timer does not pick up the magnets as easily as Perfect Pass (may have to raise the magnets in the course). Other than that, they're both good systems.