PDA

View Full Version : Asking for quick, honest opinions -It's not a MC but...

Standupguy
03-28-2014, 05:07 PM

Standupguy
03-28-2014, 05:10 PM

justinglow
03-28-2014, 05:13 PM
I think that price is fair for the Moomba. Like you said, it's an open bow and it's a nice color combo.

Standupguy
03-28-2014, 05:14 PM
Also, glass or wood stringers?

93Prostar190
03-28-2014, 05:14 PM
The hours look low ... especially for 99 on the engine ... I do not know much about the build quality of a 99 era Moomba ... price seems ok, but as DD boat the ride will be rough, the wake will be more geared towards skiing since it is a DD ....

I would want to know more about the engine, 99 was usually an EFI year for MC so I was thrown by the 4 carb reference, ... I don't mind carbs .... I would hold out for a Prostar .... but I am really, really biased.

mgs96ps
03-28-2014, 05:36 PM
I would consider LKGman's MC PS190 over the Moomba. It comes with a fly high. Is the open bow the sticking point?

Cloaked
03-28-2014, 05:37 PM
Ok, so everyone was extremely helpful in bringing me into reality on buying a proper prostar 205 for $10,00 as being nearly impossible, atleast for the near immediate timeframe I am within. The DD Maristars fit the bill - near impossible to find...
So, here in the question, understanding this is a MC forum and all, but what about this option:
45 min from my home, I have $10,000 in the bank, it's a bow rider, inboard V8, it's not teal and has a trailer and tower... But...
http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/4396133144.html

I am 1000% trusting my decision on your input, I highly doubt this will last if it's a decent boat in your opinions...
Pass..... find a MC....

$0.02

Standupguy
03-28-2014, 05:38 PM

hondaprlud
03-28-2014, 05:41 PM
I say why not. If it's well maintained and you feel good about the deal go for it. I'd just make sure you buy at a price that you can move up easily when you can.

east tx skier
03-28-2014, 05:55 PM
No wood in a 1999 Supra/Moomba (both made by Skier's Choice. Probably not a bad boat. Ski behind it and see how you like it. Indmar power plant. Fit and finish is something to consider, too. That may be where you settle if you consider it settling (and I really mean "if").

Good luck.

EricB
03-28-2014, 06:04 PM
If you must have an open bow, and you are desperate for a boat, the Moomba would probably be fine. It is priced so you could use for several years and get some ka-ching back.

Do you have a family? What kind of skiing do you do (and everybody else)?

Standupguy
03-28-2014, 07:19 PM

Kweisner
03-28-2014, 07:24 PM
? Can I check compression without water or will is smoke the impeller? As a jet guy, it's not a problem but not sure here

Probably can check without damage, but smarter guys than me will weigh in.

On your original question, I'll just say this--any day on any boat is a good one so don't obsess if "now" isn't your time to make an MC happen!

jakethebt
03-28-2014, 07:35 PM
It is not an MC so all opinions here will be a bit biased. Fuel injection is really nice and was a must for me. Mastercraft started FI in 1993 and a few years later it was standard equipment. This kind of gives you a perspective of MC vs others. I personally would take a blue and raspberry or black and teal MC 205 over this boat any day of the week. That being said, this one does look nice and would get you on the water within budget.

As someone just said, if you can live with a closed bow, you can probably get a nice FI 190 that is in good shape for $10k.

Cloaked
03-28-2014, 07:50 PM
? Can I check compression without water or will is smoke the impeller? As a jet guy, it's not a problem but not sure hereyes, no and OK.

Standupguy
03-28-2014, 08:23 PM

FrankSchwab
03-28-2014, 09:00 PM
It's a nice looking boat; you'd have a good time in it.

Cautions: Have a mechanic inspect the engine and transmission (check for water in the oil, check compression, run it at power on the water, etc) . It's a big chunk of change to have to swap out a cracked block or rebuild a transmission.
Inspect the strut, shaft, prop, and rudder. Lots of stories on here of people buying beautiful boats, only to have to spend $1000 replacing the underwater gear because they didn't notice it was bent (and the owner assured them that he'd never hit anything).
Most of the other big ticket items are obvious in a walk-around and test drive at the lake - upholstery repair is expensive, internal/external fiberglass repair not quite so bad, bad steering cable is a pain but easily detected, gauge problems are easily checked, etc.

More caution: As a "let's go have fun" boat, this will work great. However, it will be a rough ride over any normal public lake water. With some practice, you can make it smooth enough, but while learning you're gonna get your teeth rattled more than once. Accept it, and life will be good.

/frank

atihanyi
03-28-2014, 09:23 PM
I had a Moomba Boomerang before my prostar . They are a decent boat for the money . No wood in them not the same quality as a Mastercraft but you need to start somewhere and that looks like a decent deal . Mine was almost maintenance free through the sixty hours we put on it before I sold it . I also sold it to a close friend so that says something .

TxsRiverRat
03-28-2014, 09:43 PM
I don't really understand this mentality... Why would you get this boat the contention of only keeping a short while in order to get into a Mastercraft later? No matter how you look at it this scenario we'll always cost you more money than if you would just save your nickels and dimes and got the Mastercraft in the first place... You obviously know that the Mastercraft is a better boat or you wouldn't be hinging on moomba versus Mastercraft...

My vote is to save your money and get the best and be done with it

RMEngdahl
03-28-2014, 10:10 PM
I can't speak much for comparison of moomba and MC. I can hardly speak to mc for that matter, have had ours for < 1 year. I was invested in an open bow when I got ours last year, two kids... We passed over a number of nice 190s in our search. What I've noticed,I tend to be a little OCD, is that there is such limited storage on the 205. There is always a bag or cooler or life vest in the way. My bro in law has a 190. A closed bow affords so much more storage space. In comparing hanging out in both boats I don't miss the open bow when in his. Knowing what I know now I would be looking real hard at that 1994 prostar 190 in Iowa with 382 hrs, LT1, fi, and perfect vinyl etc. The purpose of my long winded post is to consider not being so attached to the open bow concept. Opens up your options a little too. Anyway, good luck with the search!

mgs96ps
03-28-2014, 10:16 PM
At one time my wife thought that we needed an open bow, and I admit at times it could be nice...however, we boat on a private lake, with our own dock and lift. Most of the time I will return skiers and/or boarder into our cove. We have not even invested into racks because skies and boards our usually not on the boat unless it is early morning runs with only 2 or 3. My best advise is to think how you will use the boat and make a purchase that matches your needs the best.

Reading your comments on this thread, it sounds like you are not going into debt, have a good amount of cash on hand and thinking of others needs (all admirable qualities). Most likely you have wanted to do this for awhile and really want this to be the summer...so I say get the boat your really want and don't be impulsive when your so close.

Good luck

coz
03-28-2014, 10:18 PM
Check the tower info because I was looking at moombas back in the 90's and these were the factory (ND) towers on all the boats I looked at back then I thought.

http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/galleries/moomba/images/1997-2000_Outback_angle.jpg

Ryan
03-28-2014, 10:43 PM
My idea was to purchase this if it seems like a good value/boat, save up for a few more years and get a Mastercraft in the $15K bracket possibly, my brothers kids will be getting into their teens...

This is not a bad strategy at all and a good looking boat that should perform well for you. I wouldn't turn down a pull behind that boat. I chose to buy a closed bow Prostar190 and finally upgraded after 7 years. Moomba and Malibu were still making some boats with carb engines into the early 00's, they're

Consider a few things.
- You may stick with this boat longer than you think. Be ok with that possibility.
- Carbs work just fine and easy to work on.
- But, I really like not pumping the throttle. Fuel injection really is great.
- You'll find plenty of 205s for $10k. I found a slew of them last fall like a black '98 205 with a tower in Chicago for $10.5k. You'll need cash to move fast on those kinds of boats. If you've got money tied up in this one, can you move fast enough?
- Sales/registration costs. Is it worth it to buy this for $10k and a 205 for even $12k and pay that much sales tax? But losing a whole summer has costs too as you're kids are getting older. Weigh those cons.

AlbertaSurfer
03-29-2014, 12:21 AM
Growing up, a buddy had this exact boat, same colors and all. It was a great boat from what I remember. I've always liked the Moombas, however basic they may be. If you don't have the cash now to get the MC you want, but don't want to pass on the lake this summer, I vote pull the trigger on it. That Moomba is still better than any I/O runabout, and at least it keeps you on the water, which it what it's all about in the first place. Don't be scared, Moomba is fine!

Retoxtony
03-29-2014, 12:40 AM
I think that would be a pretty decent boat, and at that price its not going to drop in value much when you do try to sell it to get a MC. And you may be able to negotiate it a little cheaper yet. If you want to get on the water now and don't mind waiting a bit to find the right Mastercraft, i'd buy it if i were you.

Aric'sX15
03-29-2014, 12:43 AM
Growing up, a buddy had this exact boat, same colors and all. It was a great boat from what I remember. I've always liked the Moombas, however basic they may be. If you don't have the cash now to get the MC you want, but don't want to pass on the lake this summer, I vote pull the trigger on it. That Moomba is still better than any I/O runabout, and at least it keeps you on the water, which it what it's all about in the first place. Don't be scared, Moomba is fine!

x2....

Standupguy
03-29-2014, 01:52 AM

AlbertaSurfer
03-29-2014, 02:21 AM
Great news!
Honestly, that boat isn't going to offer you anything less than a MasterCraft of the same era. Don't be in a hurry to get out of that boat, should you get it, it's a great boat. You really aren't going to gain anything moving to a 205 or something similar.

Cheers to a great summer!

Standupguy
03-29-2014, 08:35 AM

X25John
03-29-2014, 09:17 AM
You can always upgrade but can never turn back time with the kids. I say if it checks out ok and you can't find a mastercraft in your price range pull the trigger! Did I read that you're a jet boat guy?

neil.anderson63
03-29-2014, 09:59 AM
This is not a bad strategy at all and a good looking boat that should perform well for you. I wouldn't turn down a pull behind that boat. I chose to buy a closed bow Prostar190 and finally upgraded after 7 years. Moomba and Malibu were still making some boats with carb engines into the early 00's, they're

Consider a few things.
- You may stick with this boat longer than you think. Be ok with that possibility.
- Carbs work just fine and easy to work on.
- But, I really like not pumping the throttle. Fuel injection really is great.
- You'll find plenty of 205s for $10k. I found a slew of them last fall like a black '98 205 with a tower in Chicago for $10.5k. You'll need cash to move fast on those kinds of boats. If you've got money tied up in this one, can you move fast enough?
- Sales/registration costs. Is it worth it to buy this for $10k and a 205 for even $12k and pay that much sales tax? But losing a whole summer has costs too as you're kids are getting older. Weigh those cons.

Exactly - Lots of solid opinions on this thread. The thing with boat shopping, - Set your criteria, cost, style, condition,.. whatever they may be and don't settle for less. The market has lots of options in the style of boat you are looking for. This site is the best place on the planet to find what you're looking for. Be ready to act fast when you find one. Act Quickly, don't RUSH!

ttu
03-29-2014, 10:08 AM
I had a 02 outback (no changes from the one you posted). it is a very plain but good overall ski boat. like others have said indmar engine. mine was carbed but ran great after a little warm up. the only issues I had were gel coat spider cracks under the front bow seats.

over all it had a really nice ski wake. if you like it get it and upgrade later.

Standupguy
03-29-2014, 10:46 AM

Standupguy
03-29-2014, 10:50 AM

coz
03-29-2014, 11:09 AM
I had a 02 outback (no changes from the one you posted). it is a very plain but good overall ski boat. like others have said indmar engine. mine was carbed but ran great after a little warm up. the only issues I had were gel coat spider cracks under the front bow seats.

over all it had a really nice ski wake. if you like it get it and upgrade later.

Neighbor has one and it's been pulling for years.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/599522_3958141310033_574825500_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/553863_3958141670042_1276395716_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/260459_3954000806523_1052467551_n.jpg

east tx skier
03-29-2014, 11:35 AM
It is not an MC so all opinions here will be a bit biased. Fuel injection is really nice and was a must for me. Mastercraft started FI in 1993 and a few years later it was standard equipment. This kind of gives you a perspective of MC vs others. I personally would take a blue and raspberry or black and teal MC 205 over this boat any day of the week. That being said, this one does look nice and would get you on the water within budget.

As someone just said, if you can live with a closed bow, you can probably get a nice FI 190 that is in good shape for $10k.

Both Supra and Moomba were fuel injecting by the time this boat came around. But the carbureted Chevy was still an option. I can understand wanting fuel injection. But it doesn't speak to overall quality of product apart from fuel delivery preference. Even Correct Craft still offered a carbureted option well into the early 2000s.

east tx skier
03-29-2014, 11:38 AM
I can't speak much for comparison of moomba and MC. I can hardly speak to mc for that matter, have had ours for < 1 year. I was invested in an open bow when I got ours last year, two kids... We passed over a number of nice 190s in our search. What I've noticed,I tend to be a little OCD, is that there is such limited storage on the 205. There is always a bag or cooler or life vest in the way. My bro in law has a 190. A closed bow affords so much more storage space. In comparing hanging out in both boats I don't miss the open bow when in his. Knowing what I know now I would be looking real hard at that 1994 prostar 190 in Iowa with 382 hrs, LT1, fi, and perfect vinyl etc. The purpose of my long winded post is to consider not being so attached to the open bow concept. Opens up your options a little too. Anyway, good luck with the search!

I wholeheartedly agree with you on open bow versus closed bow storage. I don't miss having bow seating one bit. I never wanted anyone sitting up there anyway because it ruined the ski wake. The closed bow storage is fantastic.

mikeg205
03-29-2014, 12:15 PM
A friend has an 02 moomba outback like the one in the original pic. Carb'd 350 Vortec will do almost 50. Nice boat - fit and finish not bad - positives Taylor made windshield like MC, Indmar like MC, same underwater gear, same steering mechanicals. Negatives - upholstery not as nice as an MC, carpet not as nice, swim deck glass, gel I believe not as good, wake for slalom very bumpy at lower speeds -at 28 you could probably easily do wake board inversion.

$10 for 99 - low hours - I would consider it - however as a point of reference my 1995 Prostar could probably fetch up $15K this time of year.

Standupguy
03-29-2014, 03:28 PM

epnault
03-30-2014, 06:44 AM
I had a Moomba Boomerang before my prostar . They are a decent boat for the money . No wood in them not the same quality as a Mastercraft but you need to start somewhere and that looks like a decent deal . Mine was almost maintenance free through the sixty hours we put on it before I sold it . I also sold it to a close friend so that says something .

Andy-isn't this the exact same model as Dave's? I am 99% sure it is.

Here are my thoughts after shopping in the price range you are at and experience with both brands. If you have never ridden in, driven, or been behind a MC you may be happy with this Moomba you are looking at. If your expectation is MC then you will be disappointed and buyer remorse will set in quickly. As posted earlier, money wise it would be better to stretch yourself now and get what you ultimately want than to buy this boat and upgrade later.

atihanyi
03-30-2014, 10:30 PM
No . That's an outback its smaller than a mobius

Standupguy
03-31-2014, 11:41 AM

Standupguy
04-02-2014, 12:05 AM
http://providence.craigslist.org/boa/4361595965.html

cbryan70
04-02-2014, 12:42 AM
http://providence.craigslist.org/boa/4361595965.html
Nice boats...step up from a moomba. I had a lot of fun nights out on the river in one of those.

Standupguy
04-02-2014, 12:48 AM
Anyone know all the stats? Mercruiser? 305 or 350? EFI? Wake? Glass or wood stringers

Also, if the compression ck'd ok, are the hours exceedingly high/price? Lifespan if maintained?

MC someday, but ...

Aric'sX15
04-09-2014, 04:10 PM
http://fayar.craigslist.org/boa/4414145412.html

Better grab this quick.

mikeg205
04-09-2014, 04:21 PM

Better grab this quick.

+1 - it's gonna be gone quick!

Ski-me
04-09-2014, 04:26 PM
+1 - it's gonna be gone quick!

Looks like a real nice one. Great colors too! :cool:

mzimme
04-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Here's a 10k dollar prostar...
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/4402144747.html

This one's probaby Spam.... but it has a phone number and its a 5k dollar Maristar. Worth calling on...
http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/boa/4414962065.html

Small loan might get this paired with your bank money
http://lawrence.craigslist.org/boa/4412375928.html

Tige DD...
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/4410193619.html

94 Prostar for 11k
http://loz.craigslist.org/boa/4400095171.html

All of those are within driving distance for me. If you got really serious, I'd be willing to go take a look for you. That 94 actually looks really nice.

JMLVMI
04-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Looks like a real nice one. Great colors too! :cool:

Put the dog on eBay and tell the kids they're next...only $1000 from your price!

SKIBUMM
04-09-2014, 07:34 PM
I will chim ein on the open bow as well. My family has both closed and open bows. If you are going to a bigger boat the open bow is the way to go for sure. If you are looking at a boat this size just as other have mentioned you suffer a great loss of storage for a place that one large or two small peole can occupy and then you have all the stuff you can't store all over the place. But the real factor especially if your new is the dipping of the nose into a wave. Yes it happens and can happen a lot until you understand how it needs to be driven ut a couple people up there and you can dip it just coming off of plane. I would not trade my closed bow DD for my brother open bow DD. He has taken large amounts of water over the front to where I was worried. IF you want an open bow and to cruise the lake go bigger.

Standupguy
04-10-2014, 03:02 AM

JMLVMI
04-10-2014, 11:22 AM
That is the perfect boat and I would grab it but it's in Arizona and I'm in New Hampshire, assuming it will be $1500-$2000 to ship it, the number is $10k

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!'

Arkansas, not Arizona.

Aric'sX15
04-10-2014, 12:08 PM
That is the perfect boat and I would grab it but it's in Arizona and I'm in New Hampshire, assuming it will be $1500-$2000 to ship it, the number is $10k

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!'

I got a uship quote for an x star from NC to TX and it was under 1k

clrussell
04-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Buy it and I'll pull it to Michigan next week. Have to be closer than Arkansas. Plus I'm only a couple hours from the guy

JMLVMI
04-10-2014, 12:42 PM
I'm still convinced there are some things you can sell around the house to make this happen. $10k 205s do not come around often, and when they do you'll usually have to drive. I love the "sticking to your budget" attitude, believe me...but you should use that same great attitude to raise a grand or two more and expand the pool of available boats.

Good luck!

Aric'sX15
04-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Buy it and I'll pull it to Michigan next week. Have to be closer than Arkansas. Plus I'm only a couple hours from the guy

if he doesn't take you up on this there is literally something wrong here. Then I give up.

JohnE
04-10-2014, 02:58 PM
$11K for that 205 is a steal. Makes me want to buy it and dump my 190

Standupguy
04-11-2014, 07:05 AM

sallen
04-11-2014, 12:27 PM

Better grab this quick.

Wow that is a great deal. I made this trip not long ago. Have you contacted the seller? Maybe he would work with you and take 10K without the gear. A nice family road trip!

mikeg205
04-11-2014, 12:36 PM
Looking at the ski centurian this weekend, the 205 looks awesome but 3 weeks ago I lost about $500,000 out of a 1.4 million territory (I work with gun mfg, sub cons... The private sector AR market just collapsed on a subcon doing bolt carriers... Let's just say I will not be spending a dime over the $10k I have saved over the last year, my wife is being f-ing amazing right now about us/me getting this thing... I can't even begin to tell you how on the fence I've been about this decision... Adjusting to a appx $24,000 hit to my yearly income is just starting to settle in, making changes, we make good money but this is not fun. I don't like to complain in life but I felt like I needed to explain my $10k decision. I just woke up, I'm a technical sales engineer, with the owner of my company is on me daily about somehow magically building back a territory overnight, he just bought another $550,000 pcd coating furnace from Germany, I'm the top guy, (the company is only a 4 million dollar company)my stomach hurts and my neck is killing me.... I'm excited (wife is excited about this too) about getting my *** into a boat NOW and start wrenching on it, ice will be out soon on the lake but Jetskis are standups.. Brrrr
I'll be dropping this thing in the water soon and putting the hammer down on a 350 V8...
I'm actually at $9600 now just over the phone, might be at $9k there, I would be a friggin hero to my wife if I can pull that off!

Thanks for the help guys, thanks for all the help! I will walk if all my "tests" on it aren't good.. I would love the prostar I could get the tower later but the hauling price and asking (I don't expect them to move on that!) price will put me in debt.

Aerospace is picking up, next year this time I might be selling my $10k boat and buying a nice 205...

(Ps: If anyone wants to buy an AR, wait a few months, prices should be back to reality!!!)

If I had it to do over again - I would have started my own biz... customers can suck sometimes but you can fire customers.. corporations will just screw you as well as some small biz if you aren't the owner.

The only warning I will give you on your $10K threshold - holding fast on that could cost you more after the fact.

mike

ttu
04-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Wow that is a great deal. I made this trip not long ago. Have you contacted the seller? Maybe he would work with you and take 10K without the gear. A nice family road trip!

no joke! i posted that 205 on craigslist thread. there are plenty of lakes around the sellers area that you and your family can enjoy the road trip!

offer 10K only and see what they say!

Standupguy
04-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Agreed, if this one doesn't pan out, I'll talk to the 205 owner, I just mapped it, 25 hour drive!!!

Standupguy
04-11-2014, 12:49 PM

Standupguy
04-11-2014, 12:53 PM

mikeg205
04-11-2014, 01:00 PM
How has your 205 treated you?
Can it be used for beginning wakeboard work, maintainence, etc??

Fourtunetly while the money was good, I was paying everything off, I only have one payment left on my GX, and my home $1500/month mortgage and that's it... It's all the toy maintenance that gets me!

My 205 has been awesome... But I like to fixup on a low budget - that being said - probably but $2k into boat. Mostly trailer, new tires, rebuild brakes and suspension, new prop, and minor things and preventative maintenance.. adds up quick - but its been a very good boat.

205 is my favorite - I primarily slalom like 95% and 5% wakeboard...

clrussell
04-11-2014, 01:03 PM
My offer still stands on pulling that up to Michigan for ya if need be. I go up next Friday

Standupguy
04-11-2014, 01:56 PM
I ride all Kawasaki standups, always have, always will and know them inside out backwards forwards etc. etc. ....but if somebody wanted me to look at Yamaha I wouldn't just tear it apart for nothing, I have confidence there is someone here that could do the same for a variety of ski boats.

Standupguy
04-11-2014, 01:58 PM
That's truly an incredible offer, thank you so much, I will definitely let you guys know what happens tomorrow!

I wish Obama would start talking about banning guns again, he's the greatest salesman ever!!!

JohnE
04-11-2014, 03:05 PM
If anyone on here is a bipartisan boat owner that might live in Rhode Island and could hook up with me on Saturday in Smithfield to look at this boat, I'll give you $50 bucks cash

I'm not far from there...about 35 minutes or so. I've got a lot scheduled but could possibly meet you. I'm not the most knowledgeable here by far but could offer an opinion, fwiw. Are you scheduling a lake test? I would given this time of year. What time are you scheduled to see it? I wouldn't want any money though.

I appreciate all inboards.

Aric'sX15
04-12-2014, 01:08 AM
My offer still stands on pulling that up to Michigan for ya if need be. I go up next Friday

Im pumped for you! Cant wait to see the orange beast!

Standupguy
04-12-2014, 07:14 AM

Standupguy
04-12-2014, 07:19 AM
I will push him back on time if later is better...
It would also be nice to have someone there on my side when and if the cash transaction happens!

bturner2
04-12-2014, 07:30 AM
That boat better be really good to take it over the 205. I know everyone loves the X1 but the 205 defined the first family/skier crossover boat. Your resale value 2, 3, 5 years from now and market appeal will be much higher on the 205. That grand now will cost you 3 - 5 later. Just saying.

Don't let JohnE undersell you on his knowledge. He's been on here a long time and would be very valuable to have along on the test drive if he's available.

Standupguy
04-12-2014, 08:12 AM
Yeah, if we can hook up that be great. I understand boats but obviously not as well as some. If anyone ever needed me to take a look at a standup JetSki, even via craigslist that I can tell you if it's junk or not, i'm very interested to have any help I can here!

Standupguy
04-12-2014, 12:31 PM

thatsmrmastercraft
04-12-2014, 12:38 PM
That sucked....
Pics were not at all up to date, mildew, wet interior in hatches, the list goes on... Ran great but not for me...

Soo, still on the prowl, I will get in touch with the 205 owner next - the distance is huge though.... I have a 96 KDX200 / 250 front end/street title I might sell to off set the shipping, worth a grand to the right buyer

Not sure how people expect to sell anything using pictures that don't show the actual condition. I suppose they are hoping for people to fall in love with it before they even see it. Hopefully you can do something with that 205. Sure looks like a great boat. One thing you will find, on average it seems MC folks take better care of their boats.

BudmanV24
04-12-2014, 12:53 PM
No wood in a 1999 Supra/Moomba (both made by Skier's Choice. Probably not a bad boat. Ski behind it and see how you like it. Indmar power plant. Fit and finish is something to consider, too. That may be where you settle if you consider it settling (and I really mean "if").

Good luck.

What about the floor? Isnt that wood?

Standupguy
04-12-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm really interested in the 205, I sent a reply to them... If it was within 3 hrs if be there and buying it right now

justinglow
04-12-2014, 03:00 PM
I'm really interested in the 205, I sent a reply to them... If it was within 3 hrs if be there and buying it right now

If you can swing that 205 do it. I just bought a 95 205 and love it! That boat is a steal at that price!!!

mikeg205
04-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Hey we have a - how far did you drive to get your MC :) .... uship can get it you inexpensively and I bet someone local here would do an inspection for you or even hire a marine inspector...

Standupguy
04-12-2014, 04:03 PM

KnoxX2
04-12-2014, 04:11 PM
That 205 is going to be hard to beat at that price. I think he is a little cheap. Looks like he takes care of his stuff too. Maybe a little MCOCD!

Table Rocker
04-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Just spoke with the 205 owner, has lost of people interested, out of town till Tuesday, I offered $10k, done deal, bank check but he will wait till he has others see it, I'll call him Wednesday....
Still looking! :)If you need someone on the scene, I am local.

Standupguy
04-12-2014, 08:34 PM
If you need someone on the scene, I am local.
I may just call him Tuesday in that case... If your willing, I'll be in touch!!!!

justinglow
04-12-2014, 10:33 PM
That 205 is going to be hard to beat at that price. I think he is a little cheap. Looks like he takes care of his stuff too. Maybe a little MCOCD!

Agreed! I looked for a while for a 205 before I found mine and never saw one in that shape for that price. It's priced cheap for the beginning of summer IMO

I bet the first person buys it that sees it. Not a lot of unmolested original ones out there.

Case in point http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/boa/4374473817.html

Table Rocker
04-13-2014, 12:19 AM
I may just call him Tuesday in that case... If your willing, I'll be in touch!!!!
Let me know.

Standupguy
04-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Absolutely!!

Any others out there???

BrooksfamX2
04-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Friends have a DD Moomba and it has been a good boat to them. It is not a viable wakesurf boat though...........