PDA

View Full Version : 97 prostar switch issues

Flyboy911
03-26-2014, 08:51 PM
Was going to use one of the auxillary switches on the dash panel to hook up some LEDs and when I connected the battery I suddenly found out that the whole Right side switch panel which includes horn, nav lights and two auxillary switches is without power. They where working fine when it went into storage 5 months ago. Any suggestion? Can't find a wiring diagram anywhere.

Kweisner
03-26-2014, 08:53 PM
Perhaps there is a single, shared ground that's been compromised. Often the case when a lot of stuff stops working all at once.

Flyboy911
03-26-2014, 09:13 PM
It shouldn't have anything to do with ECM should it since the other side with the bilge, blower, radio and starter all have power?

ricford
03-26-2014, 10:39 PM
It shouldn't have anything to do with ECM should it since the other side with the bilge, blower, radio and starter all have power?

No, you're ECM is most likely fine. Where did you have it stored? Any sign of mice activity in the boat? Squirrels got into my brother's boat one year and made a mess of the wiring. Pull the dash panel and have a look. Probably just a loose or chewed wire.

Flyboy911
03-27-2014, 01:04 PM
Figured it out. Turns out the splice connecting the hot wire to the L panel to the R had broken. Since the wires where zip tied together just made it hard to spot. Had a multimeter party and found it in about 5 min. Thanks for the help. Just always assume the worst with a boat from past experience. Lol

ricford
03-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Glad you got it fixed on the cheap.