PDA

View Full Version : Empty side of boat vs below waterline

02ProstarSammyD
03-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Guys I'm redoing the ballast system in my boat. Right now it is the stock setup for a 02 x9 with side exit and the manifold system. It has been a pita since purchase and reworking with individual intakes. Would it be best to eliminate the side boat empty and go with emptying through the intake? Have heard mixed reviews for each method but just looking for a reliable system. Thanks

CantRepeat
03-26-2014, 10:33 AM
My only issue with emptying under the waterline is knowing when the tanks/bags are empty. I use the water coming out the side of the boat to know they are empty while still riding along. It keeps me from burning up impellers.

atthelake
03-26-2014, 11:09 AM
My only issue with emptying under the waterline is knowing when the tanks/bags are empty. I use the water coming out the side of the boat to know they are empty while still riding along. It keeps me from burning up impellers.

Agree. Wish the new ones came that way.

02ProstarSammyD
03-26-2014, 11:16 AM

yea was thinking that but in a DD where the bags are visible? My back bag is easily seen under the rear seat and front locker can be opened in a second. IDK. Just weighing it out before I redo it all. Good point though

atthelake
03-26-2014, 11:18 AM

Agree. Wish the new ones came that way.

02ProstarSammyD
03-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Went out the side. Just removed the distribution block and added tee's when I went to 2 seperate intakes.