PDA

View Full Version : Volume cuts out when it's raised past 21 and PP Display is off

elislife
03-23-2014, 02:54 AM
My 2006 Maristar 200 SS / X2
When I turn the volume up, the sound cuts in and out canceling some of the speakers out.
I believe this is only because there are 8 speakers and a sub wired to one JL M6450 and that's how it came factory?
I am not sure but it is either I add another amp or I need to add a second battery with a switch?

Perfect Pass display not working. I am pretty sure I saw it work wen I bought the boat last weekend but I can't get the display to work now. However, I do know that the Perfect Pass works because when I turned it on it instantly reduced my speed and I can hear the beeping when I push the buttons. Any input on this?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtajpa
03-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Not an expert but does sound like a weak battery. Does it cut out when engine is running or when engine is off. If it does cut out when the engine is running it may be due to the voltage drop between the battery source and the Amp. May need to upsize the main dc run to your amps. Second battery is also a great addition especially with 2 amps.

Kweisner
03-23-2014, 11:48 AM
If not the battery, could be that amp's protection circuit kicking on. With that many speakers, there could be too little impedance depending on how many are wired to a particular channel. Assuming you have one channel bridged for the sub, that leaves four, but they may not be feeding a balanced load. Also, not a very high powered amp to begin with for that many speakers. There are other people that are much smarter than me in this topic, so hopefully they will weigh in as well.

elislife
03-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Not an expert but does sound like a weak battery. Does it cut out when engine is running or when engine is off. If it does cut out when the engine is running it may be due to the voltage drop between the battery source and the Amp. May need to upsize the main dc run to your amps. Second battery is also a great addition especially with 2 amps.

Even when driving at full speed it cuts out. The engine starts right up and the gauge doesn't show power being less. I'm almost positive it's the amp having too many speakers on it.

elislife
03-23-2014, 02:35 PM
I STRONGLY believe that the amp just isn't strong enough for 8 speakers and is attempting to protect itself from overheating because the amp was getting hot, and my amp for my wetsounds wasn't heating up or losing power in volume.

Aric'sX15
03-23-2014, 02:56 PM
What amp is it?