PDA

View Full Version : 2013 X2

chrissisco
03-22-2014, 07:24 PM
I have a 2013 X2 (purchased in August) and I am now green with envy for a 2014 model because of Gen2 and I want to add tower speakers to my current boat (not to mention the new fusion system).

I would love some advice... should I spend the money to add tower speakers and Gen2 to a 2013 model or trade in and try to get a 2014? I love the X10 and would maybe look to move up to it if I traded in.

Does anyone have a rough estimate for what my X-2 might bring at trade-in?

Specs
5.7 Ilmor (50 hours on it)
Pro Package (with Surf Tabs)
Trans. Remote
Heater
Fender Clips
Bimini Cover

Thanks again! Loving mastercraft

mikeg205
03-22-2014, 07:35 PM
nice ride - good luck with your mission. :)

KnoxX2
03-22-2014, 08:25 PM
I would say if you are wanting to do more surfing (and I think you do from your post about the G2 system) Go for the X10 if you can afford it. It will all come down to what the dealer will do for you as a repeat customer. The X10 will give you a much better surf wave that the X2. Don't get me wrong I loved my X2 (Should have never sold it..............:mad:) but you can't go wrong with a bigger boat.:D

CantRepeat
03-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Keep your current boat, the GEN2 trim tabs aren't worth you sweating over.

nullpointer
03-24-2014, 10:15 AM
This is actually my boat, I had my friend post the question while I was driving (not sure why he created a new account). Now that I am not driving I thought I would continue the discussion.

If I decide to keep the X2 and just add speakers and an amp what are people's thoughts about speakers, is it worth getting the JL cans or should I just go for something like WetSounds or Roswell?

What are the prevailing thoughts about the difference between the X10 and X30? Are the surf waves similar? If I am going to spend the money to upgrade to the X10 would it make sense to just go X30? (tell me if I should just post this in another thread and section).

Thanks again everyone! I hope I will have knowledge to give back to the community one day soon :-).