PDA

View Full Version : need advice

Cain0725
03-16-2014, 01:29 AM
2006 230 VRS with clarion head unit with two remotes, i use those a lot. jl audio amps, 2 one running to jl speakers on tower, the other go to the sub and 4 speakers in boat. Was looking to add the ws420q and a wanted bluetooth (from WS) but its 99 dollars. Got me thinking, can't i just be a new receiver and install it, or would i have to reinstall the remotes and or buy new ones.. whats best choice. last think i am looking at maybe another sub somewhere!

epnault
03-16-2014, 08:21 AM
When you upgrade the stereo head unit you will need change/updgrade the remotes too. You will also need to get new wire for your remotes and re-route them. If you go with a head unit other than clarion, I am not sure of any that have marine grade remotes.

MattsCraft
03-16-2014, 09:56 AM
You could go all Fusion - Expensive but a nice system. You would need to fabricate some type of face plate for the HU though, it is smaller, plus the remotes are a different size also.

Tristarboarder
03-16-2014, 12:06 PM
You could upgrade the deck to either a Clarion M309 or M303 to be compatible with your remotes. The M303 has Bluetooth capability. Or, you could buy a ws420, add the Bluetooth from WS and be able then to alter your various channels (tower vs in-boats, etc). As far as the sub goes, upgrade to either a bigger sub or a better one, and then get a dedicated amp for it. BINGO!