PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard weight?

chrislandy
03-13-2014, 05:09 AM
I've had a look on various sites (manufacturer and supplier) but I can't find any info on how much the current boards weigh other than "lightweight" etc, no specifics. I'm after a super light board (around 142cm length) but I'm a long way from any proshop and will most likely import from the US as I'm in the UK.

I'm thinking hybrid park/boat board if that makes any difference? What are featureless bases like behind the boat?

Cheers
Chris

Jerseydave
03-13-2014, 05:06 PM
I would suggest giving Performance Ski and Surf in Orlando a call and ask for Cathy Williams.
I'm sure she can steer you in the right direction.

www.perfski.com

MI_Corey
03-13-2014, 05:15 PM
Typically the difference between "heavy" and "light" is less than a pound. Most manufacturers have chinced out on including weights of boards because of the amount of weight variance there is from inconsistent manufacturing. If you buy a higher end board, it's not going to be heavy. Pick what you want in a board and get that. Of course we all love light boards, (I have a nova core hyperlite), but in reality the weight difference is very minimal. Pick what you like and charge it.

craig3972
03-13-2014, 05:27 PM
I found the best way to loose weight was to get lighter weight boots.

MI_Corey
03-13-2014, 05:34 PM

I second that. They may not feel that different at the shop but some boots weigh a lot more than others when wet.

neil.anderson63
03-13-2014, 06:24 PM

True! However, cutting back on beer and chips will also help you lose some weight. :D:D:D

mitchelmilitiapres
03-13-2014, 06:37 PM
True! However, cutting back on beer and chips will also help you lose some weight. :D:D:D

Bump that, I say go with the lighter board! :D

chrislandy
03-14-2014, 04:30 AM
All of the above! I have to loose 10lb by summer!

I need new boots too as they all seem to be 6" spacing now, I've got LF Sphinx binders at the moment and never got on with them so looking to change brand completely. Ronix closed toes or Hyperlite system? Same with the board, got a LF Watson, I've always had LF but again thinking of changing brand.

are the boards these days 4lb, 5lb, 6lb? I remember a few years ago they were going on about lighter and lighter boards and they had figures. Juist weighed my 135 Watson and it's 7.2lb

bhanson
03-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Never weighed a board, but have definitely put on a friend's board and thought "wow, this thing is a rock", so worth the research. Might try calling the manufacturer's directly. Jerserdave suggested calling Cathy Williams in Orlando, I don't know her but have some surf sessions scheduled with her next week and she seems very knowledgeable so probably worth a call to Performance as well.

On your other question, I have ridden a featureless park board behind a boat and (for me) it was a novelty. I am nothing special on a wakeboard, but found it tough to edge, accelerate, and pop. Sure, it was fun to spin in the flats, but give me my finless Ronix One anyday.

gliff
03-15-2014, 10:42 PM
These are many choices for you. Just select a better one.

BGcraft
03-16-2014, 01:15 AM
http://www.wakeworld.com/products/index.php?l=product_list&c=1

Good luck with your research.

BG

AlbertaSurfer
03-16-2014, 12:04 PM
http://www.wakeworld.com/products/index.php?l=product_list&c=1

Good luck with your research.

BG

Oh man, awesome post! I was roaring looking back at some of those boards. Between my buddies and I, a lot of those old planks have been around!