PDA

View Full Version : X1 bag install questions sort of :) Help me decide!

MI_Corey
03-12-2014, 07:47 PM
I have read pretty much every thread I can find on the 205V hull models and their ballast set up. Everyone seems to agree on what it needs for a good wakeboard wake so I've got that but have a couple questions. I'm really debating on 400lb bags vs. 750lb bags in the rear. We mainly wakeboard. I'd say 80% of the time. So 400lb bags in the rear would be ideal for that since I could just fill them up. I realize though that I am sacrificing the surf wave in doing this. Has anyone on here used 400's in the lockers and then when surfing empty them and manually fill a 750 in the desired side on top of the empty 400? I'll probably stuff 200lbs of lead in the nose and piggy back an ibs off the kgb. Next, do the quick release valves hold up well? I think I would like that option for cleaning but don't want to do it if I'm likely to have leak issues. Lastly, I've read a lot that the platform tends to drag while surfing. My father in law is big into wood work so I have pretty much an entire woodshop at my disposal to modify the shape of the platform. Does that make much difference or is it not worth doing? Any responses are appreciated as I'm trying to sort out how I'm setting up this boat before the weather breaks. Thanks.

wheelerd
03-13-2014, 02:49 AM
Why don't you just go with the 750's and be done with it? Then you have the best of both worlds. Very little price difference IIFC when I installed mine.
Quick disconnects are fine. No problem with mine.
I have the fiberglass platform so no real option for reshaping, although it really hasn't caused that much of a problem. Maybe try drilling a hole a couple of inches higher in the mounting brackets where the locking pins go through. That would be a quick way to raise the platform.

swatguy
03-13-2014, 11:18 AM
I 100 percent agree If you're even considering filling a 750 it's gonna take you forever to dump that 400 and fill the 750 instead

Just do the 750's and be done. You can use a timer (via you cell ) to get the exact weight you want each n every time if that's your worry. Like I always say.......better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

The quick disconnect have net leaked once on me. They are good to go for sure.

VP46
03-13-2014, 12:51 PM
`I have been debating the 400 or 450 bags versus 750 too. I think Swatguy just sealed it for me as I was concerned about getting 750s to fill up equally per side. Timer. Duh.

Thanks man!

monsterwake
03-13-2014, 01:03 PM
I am doing the same. I have the 400# FlyHighs in the back but am replacing them with the 750#. Then I think I am going to put the 400#'s in the bow seats and fill them with a tsunami pump. I currently only have the KGB in the ski locker for front weight and that is not enough. If 800# is too much I am thinking of building a filler for the center of the seats and just put 1 400# in the bow.
To answer your question. 750#'s because it is only abou $60 more. I have 400#'s and wish they were 750#.

Aric'sX15
03-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Trust me, you want the 750s. Here is an 06 x1 with 2 750s exploding in the back , an integrated bow sack under the seats, another bow sack on top of that, and the kgb full. Also there was a 400 pounder on top of the kgb.

MI_Corey
03-13-2014, 02:10 PM
Trust me, you want the 750s. Here is an 06 x1 with 2 750s exploding in the back , an integrated bow sack under the seats, another bow sack on top of that, and the kgb full. Also there was a 400 pounder on top of the kgb.

I was still up in the air until I saw this pic and now the deal is sealed!

Aric'sX15
03-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Heres a few more! One is the boat getting on plane. Without the weight in the front, its a massive wall.

JRW160
03-13-2014, 03:13 PM
Definitely get the 750s. If you want to run them full, you will need a lot of weight up front and you might need a new prop.

BudmanV24
03-13-2014, 03:19 PM

I estimate our total at around:
Rear sacks: 750lbs X 2
KGB: 350lbs
Under seat IBS: 350lbs
On the seat IBS: 650lbs
V-drive sack in walkway: 400lbs

3250lbs

Aric, you have any pics of the surf wake fully weighted?

Now I just need a new interior, lol

MI_Corey
03-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Looking at the quick release fittings. There are W740 and W741 straight fittings and W742 and W746 right angle fittings. How many of which ones do I need?

sallen
03-13-2014, 04:24 PM
I was having the same debate, but I think I am going with the 750s. I just had my timers redone so I can use them as a timed switch. I believe 6 minutes will fill them to about 400 LBS.

BudmanV24
03-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Looking at the quick release fittings. There are W740 and W741 straight fittings and W742 and W746 right angle fittings. How many of which ones do I need?

Why not just get the kits from wakemakers with all of the fittings?

Oh, and forgot to post this link earlier...
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=528651&postcount=16

MI_Corey
03-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Two black 750lb bags and tank buster kits ordered! Thanks for the help guys.

helton333
03-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Let me say something, Pick me, Pick me - here is a story.

So my 2003 205V (has dimension tower, just not factory ballast) was on the lift. We decided to try and set it up for surfing. After reading numerous threads, we decided to go with 750 rear on surf side, 300 midship (or as full as we could get that bag - we are goofy so we had to fit it on right side of boat), 5 people in the boat. Picture this, when the boat came off the lift, the bow went straight up and the rear sank - when I say sank, I mean, the rub rail was under water. My wife started to scream, my kids were about to jump out and save themselves. I acted like this was all completely normal. I managed to start the boat and troll out, however, I couldn't see where I was going - and a funny thing happened. Since the rub rail was still practically under water, so was the bilge port, which obviously takes on water under the water line (silly boat!). So we had, shall I say, another more natural source of ballast slowing accessorizing the boat. I also noticed the boat motor was making noises I wasn't accustomed to hearing. When I flipped on the bilge (and did so because the water shooting into the bilge port was making a "whistle" sound), the bildge did start to expel water under water, which although looks really cool, can't be particulalry good (at least not if your batteries go out). I would NOT recommend 750 in a rear locker on that boat with any additional weight or persons on board. We had 5 people of which 3 were kids. 5 adults and it may have been an issue. I ultimately went with 400 rear and 300 side and it is decent, not great surf. Better for kids as they get more push. This year, I plan to experiment with more weight in the front to see if I can sweep the wake out more for more push. Hope this helps. I will never forget the feeling when the boat came off the lift - I thought we were gone'ers.

wheelerd
03-13-2014, 07:19 PM
Great story!
Weight up front is a must for this hull (not only for that reason, but to shape the wake.)

swatguy
03-13-2014, 07:47 PM
Well I can assure you the 100's of other 205v owners with 750's are not taking on water like that regularly. I have 1200 hrs on my boat of which at least 800 are with 750's and I never once took on water like that except................

-Yes I once forgot the plug in a hurry

-And once when my center sac ruptured.

I am a goofy rider myself. This is the first story I have ever heard like that above. While I am not doubting it happened, it's just not the norm. I have had only my 750 filled on several ocassions to try out some different configs and my bilge has never even come close to taking on water. Just not the norm.

I run
750's in the rear
400 custom locker sac
650 integrated bow sac on top of seats
200lbs in pop bags in nose

Aric'sX15
03-13-2014, 10:45 PM
Seems legit.

TOO-TALL
03-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Yikes!!!!

CantRepeat
03-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Yikes!!!!

X10

Ballin!!! great name for a boat... wait, what/

Traxx822
03-14-2014, 12:58 PM
X10

It's All In with playing card suits on either side. You almost fooled me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

towjam
03-14-2014, 01:02 PM

So my 2003 205V (has dimension tower, just not factory ballast) was on the lift. We decided to try and set it up for surfing. After reading numerous threads, we decided to go with 750 rear on surf side, 300 midship (or as full as we could get that bag - we are goofy so we had to fit it on right side of boat), 5 people in the boat. Picture this, when the boat came off the lift, the bow went straight up and the rear sank - when I say sank, I mean, the rub rail was under water. My wife started to scream, my kids were about to jump out and save themselves. I acted like this was all completely normal. I managed to start the boat and troll out, however, I couldn't see where I was going - and a funny thing happened. Since the rub rail was still practically under water, so was the bilge port, which obviously takes on water under the water line (silly boat!). So we had, shall I say, another more natural source of ballast slowing accessorizing the boat. I also noticed the boat motor was making noises I wasn't accustomed to hearing. When I flipped on the bilge (and did so because the water shooting into the bilge port was making a "whistle" sound), the bildge did start to expel water under water, which although looks really cool, can't be particulalry good (at least not if your batteries go out). I would NOT recommend 750 in a rear locker on that boat with any additional weight or persons on board. We had 5 people of which 3 were kids. 5 adults and it may have been an issue. I ultimately went with 400 rear and 300 side and it is decent, not great surf. Better for kids as they get more push. This year, I plan to experiment with more weight in the front to see if I can sweep the wake out more for more push. Hope this helps. I will never forget the feeling when the boat came off the lift - I thought we were gone'ers.

I would hope that Aric'sX15 and Budman take note of this.

Aric'sX15
03-14-2014, 03:06 PM
X10

Previous owner put that on there, I couldn't get the letters off of it for the life of me. Maybe bud likes it too, its a bit of a joke. Lol

BudmanV24
03-14-2014, 10:30 PM
I would hope that Aric'sX15 and Budman take note of this.

Thank god lewisville lake is shallow. Worst case scenario lasso it with the winch line on my jeep and yank it out!

In all seriousness, dont the older 205v's have issues with taking in water if you weight the starboard rear corner extremely heavy? With just a 750 in my boat it doesnt even lean that much.

As for "All In", I think its extremely funny that the previous owner went all in on an X1. Thus why its still there.

Aric'sX15
03-15-2014, 02:31 PM
Just want to add that ive been on boat since I was in my moms womb, closest I've ever come to sinking a boat was a nautique with water rushing in the side vents. Ballast will float a sunken boat, I hope you take note of that.

MI_Corey
03-17-2014, 10:18 PM
Bags showed up today. Fittings from wakemakers should show up tomorrow.

BudmanV24
03-17-2014, 11:28 PM
Did you get an ibs too? Honestly the kgb isnt enough weight In the front of the boat for wakeboarding with even the stock rear tanks.

MI_Corey
03-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Not yet Budman but I will be. I will probably also do a couple hundred pounds of lead in the nose.

Bruce-ActionWater
03-18-2014, 02:02 PM
That will be an awesome set up!!!

MI_Corey
03-18-2014, 02:06 PM
Thanks Bruce! :)

BudmanV24
03-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Not yet Budman but I will be. I will probably also do a couple hundred pounds of lead in the nose.

400lb vdrive sack in the bow walkway works too...or an ibs tossed on top the bow seat.

JRW160
03-19-2014, 12:15 PM
I ran the ibs for a while and sacs in the walkway. I got rid of the ibs and got the 1000lb open bow triangle a couple of years ago, and I am much happier with it. If you have a bow filler cushion and don't want to run a bunch of lead, the bow triangle is the way to go.

MI_Corey
03-19-2014, 12:28 PM
I have two little guys that love sitting in the bow so eliminating those seats is not an option.

MI_Corey
03-19-2014, 12:29 PM
I have been watching for a bow filler cushion though

JRW160
03-19-2014, 12:32 PM
I looked for a long time and never could find one. You may be able to get one through your dealer. I think they can go back 6 years on vinyl. My boat was too old, so I just had one made. I think I paid $75 for the cushion and $50 for a piece of starboard to use as a support.

Jayhawk
03-19-2014, 12:51 PM

Charlotte Ski Boats offers them on their site "Bow Filler Cushion Complete - X-1" for 137.70. No pics and unsure how often they update their data. You may try giving them a call.

MI_Corey
03-19-2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks jay hawk.

monsterwake
03-20-2014, 12:27 PM

What speed is this? What Prop? This is exactly what I am looking for...

Aric'sX15
03-20-2014, 12:32 PM
Prop is an oj 522, I believe the speed was 23.5?

mitchelmilitiapres
03-25-2014, 05:47 PM

Why did you fill before it came off the lift?

Aric'sX15
03-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Motor making noises and water rushing in is what doesn't make much sense. Not calling anyone a liar, just not the norm for what we run every time buds boat is on the lake.

BudmanV24
03-25-2014, 06:27 PM
Why did you fill before it came off the lift?

Probably shouldnt be riding goofy either.

Just kidding.

monsterwake
03-31-2014, 07:29 PM
I have my 750#'s in the back lockers now and the 2 400#'s in the bow. Wow! Now I think I need a new prop because it takes forever to plane out and my gas milage is horrible.
Aric'sX15 suggested an OJ 522. Are there any other props = or better? Mine is the OJ 13.7x17. Could I have my current prop repitched to something more aggressive?

wheelerd
03-31-2014, 07:46 PM
You could have your prop repitched . . . but that would cost more :( than just buying a new one specific to your needs. Keep your current one as a back up.

OJ and Acme both have great props for your application. Check their websites and/or call.
The ACME 1285 (see my sig) comes highly recommended for this hull.

monsterwake
04-01-2014, 12:33 AM
Thanks wheelerd. I have one damaged prop that needs work plus the one I am running. I am pretty close to a prop shop. I will be looking for a 1285 or OJ 14.25x14. BTW, that was post 777 for you.

wheelerd
04-01-2014, 12:58 AM
BTW, that was post 777 for you.

Good luck or bad luck? I dunno. Hopefully I don't get lost somewhere over the Indian Ocean.

Aric'sX15
04-01-2014, 01:32 AM
Would double my suggestion on the 522. Ran around all day saturday SLAMMED on buds boat and i think we might have burned a 1/4 tank! Surfing at around 10.5, the rpms were about 2250 I believe. Wakeboarding was a tad over 3k IIRC. perfect prop application for these boats. BTW, I have yet to have ridden behind a boat that has as good of wake as the 205V with this ballast configuration. (mind you I haven't ridden a g23 or new Xstar or gen 2 star) But, it does top the plethora of other boats I've ridden.

BudmanV24
04-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Would double my suggestion on the 522. Ran around all day saturday SLAMMED on buds boat and i think we might have burned a 1/4 tank! Surfing at around 10.5, the rpms were about 2250 I believe. Wakeboarding was a tad over 3k IIRC. perfect prop application for these boats. BTW, I have yet to have ridden behind a boat that has as good of wake as the 205V with this ballast configuration. (mind you I haven't ridden a g23 or new Xstar or gen 2 star) But, it does top the plethora of other boats I've ridden.

Gen 2 xstar with pro tour ballast and about 10 passengers....drool.

monsterwake
04-23-2014, 05:58 PM
I was looking for a 522 prop but found an awesome deal on ebay for a 1285 from a dude in Austin. The story is true. It is like a totally different boat now.
I will put the 2 400's in the bow seats to try to get the weight as far forward as possible. Hopefully they will not rollover into the walkway since I don't have the filler cushion.
I purchased the 90 degree quick fittings for the 750's so it would fit better under the platform without bending the hose or laying the fitting over.

MI_Corey
04-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Ordered the ibs today and pick up my boat on the ninth. Getting excited!

wheelerd
04-23-2014, 09:31 PM
I was looking for a 522 prop but found an awesome deal on ebay for a 1285 from a dude in Austin. The story is true. It is like a totally different boat now.
I will put the 2 400's in the bow seats to try to get the weight as far forward as possible. Hopefully they will not rollover into the walkway since I don't have the filler cushion.
I purchased the 90 degree quick fittings for the 750's so it would fit better under the platform without bending the hose or laying the fitting over.

You can't go wrong with the 1285 on that hull.

MI_Corey
06-02-2014, 04:36 PM
So, I thought I'd update this. The wife and I finally had our work schedules line up to get the boat out this weekend. I didn't install any of the ballast yet since this boat is new to us, our first v-drive, and our first boat with built in ballast. I wanted to use it stock first and then upgrade to be able to truly know the difference. First off, we love the boat. We went out Saturday and Sunday. I was really fighting it wakeboarding with just the kgb full and back tanks empty. I planned on taking a set like that and then a set with all the stock ballast full. With just the kgb full I was struggling to clear the wake and rather frustrated with how soft everything felt. I had the PP set at 23 and felt horrible. I figured it was probably just because it was the first set of the year. Normally, I can clear the wake no problem both sides, and heelside I can get into the flats a little. I'm no expert but can do a basic invert and grabs, spins, etc. My wife was struggling too. We decided to surf and forget the wakeboard issues for the day. I was surprised I was able to surf ropeless with just stock ballast on my Hyperlite broadcast so that was cool and I look forward to slamming some weight in it now. Saturday night I downloaded a gps speed app on my phone so Sunday I checked the boat and the 23mph I was running was actually like 19.7mph so that would explain my difficulty. I'm 6'1", 190lbs so 20mph isn't going to cut it. Unfortunately, one of my kids started to get sick so we didn't get to ride and had to head home but I'm going to re-calibrate the speed next time we go out. I'm also going to try to get the ballast installed in the next week or two so I'll be posting pics as I go. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

customcruiser
06-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Are you keeping the stock rear tanks or removng them?
I have 2 650lbs fatsacs that I put in my old 01 xstar but they really bowed the plastic engine dividers... we just got a 04 X2 and am trying to decide what to use in the rear.
Do the rectangle 750 sacs fit the 205 rear without pushing on the dividers?
I can always use the 650's elsewhere along with the tubesac I have.
Also, I search "IBS" but couldn't find what everyone is referring to... can someone shoot me a link?

wheelerd
06-02-2014, 09:17 PM
IBS = Integrated Bow Sac
V-shaped sac that fits under the bow seats. Holds maybe 300 lbs.
Fills as an overflow from the KGB (or can be plumbed separately if you run more hoses and/or a dedicated pump.)
You can check them out at wakemakers.com here: http://www.wakemakers.com/mastercraft-piggyback-bow-ballast-system.html

MI_Corey
06-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Are you keeping the stock rear tanks or removng them?
I have 2 650lbs fatsacs that I put in my old 01 xstar but they really bowed the plastic engine dividers... we just got a 04 X2 and am trying to decide what to use in the rear.
Do the rectangle 750 sacs fit the 205 rear without pushing on the dividers?
I can always use the 650's elsewhere along with the tubesac I have.
Also, I search "IBS" but couldn't find what everyone is referring to... can someone shoot me a link?

I'm replacing the stock tanks w/ 750's and running an IBS piggyback off the kgb. The 750 sacs do push on the dividers but I will be reinforcing them. This is the IBS we are referring to: http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-integrated-bow-sac.html

BudmanV24
06-03-2014, 12:41 AM
I'm replacing the stock tanks w/ 750's and running an IBS piggyback off the kgb. The 750 sacs do push on the dividers but I will be reinforcing them. This is the IBS we are referring to: http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-integrated-bow-sac.html

I have no complaints with the 750s in my boat. Dont really see a need to reinforce the dividers. The 750s are a bit smaller than the compartments themselves.

towpilot
06-03-2014, 01:11 AM

If you are taking on water thru the bilge port add a check valve to the line

JRW160
06-04-2014, 11:17 AM
My 750s pushed on the dividers a little and the manifolds melted or smoothed out a spot on the inside of the dividers. Probably not a big deal, but I just went ahead and reinforced them a couple of winters ago.

wheelerd
06-04-2014, 11:33 AM
There's a thread on here somewhere about installing some reinforcements. Don't have time to look it up now but try a Search (or better yet, a Google Search, which seems to work better for some reason.)

JRW160
06-04-2014, 11:36 AM
There's a thread on here somewhere about installing some reinforcements. Don't have time to look it up now but try a Search (or better yet, a Google Search, which seems to work better for some reason.)
This is the guide I used. Hopefully the pics still work, I can't see them from work.
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=67697

wheelerd
06-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Ya, that's the one I was thinking of. Pics seem to be gone unfortunately. :(

JRW160
06-04-2014, 12:26 PM
I can take some pics of mine if anyone wants to see them.

VP46
06-04-2014, 01:10 PM
please share the pics - I have 400's in the rear (bought for $75)... and have the boy surfing with one of the 400's upfront and the other in the rear.

I tried it on the goofy side and it was ok but it felt like it needed more weight upfront (son surfs goofy I surf regular... always thought he could be the milk mans kid)

SO yeah I'd like to see pictures of this!

PS off subject buying a new tow vehicle - very tempted by the new Denali.... this may be the week.

MI_Corey
06-13-2014, 03:46 AM
Well I finally got time to put the bags in. I got both rears converted to 750s and stuffed two 50lb bomb wake bags in the nose. I started the piggyback ibs install but it's getting too late. Headed to the lake tomorrow to try it out.

X1inOHIO
06-13-2014, 05:03 PM
I have a 750# ballast bag in my ski locker in addition to the stock KGB ballast. Interested to see how the bow ballast helps and what you're wake looks like.

I am installing my Stargazer pefect pass this weekend so hopefully I will be surfing on Sunday!

MI_Corey
06-13-2014, 07:08 PM
Well today was a bust. Tried to go out but my buddy's kid was getting sick and 15+ mph winds made the water terrible. I'll try again on Sunday.

MI_Corey
06-16-2014, 01:03 PM
Tried it out yesterday. We had around 15mph winds on a busy lake so it was rough but this ballast setup is good. My problem is the timer on the pumps. I could not get the 750s full. The light would start beeping when around 3/4 full and would not fill anymore. I topped off with a tsunami. Can I just eliminate the timer somehow?

JRW160
06-16-2014, 01:42 PM
tr6coug can reprogram them for you. You can also replace them with relays to eliminate them. I think most 2008s had the 20 minute timers, so you should be able to reprogram them yourself using this method. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CDsQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mastercraft.com%2Fteamtalk%2F attachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D105810%26d%3D13915 55938&ei=mh2fU7WxKMm0sQSKhYA4&usg=AFQjCNHyYb04erE1uVX3Ee4f-HpvYRdLGQ&sig2=tD57wELZe1MdOOgGWNuG0g&bvm=bv.68911936,d.cWc&cad=rja

Memo
06-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Tried it out yesterday. We had around 15mph winds on a busy lake so it was rough but this ballast setup is good. My problem is the timer on the pumps. I could not get the 750s full. The light would start beeping when around 3/4 full and would not fill anymore. I topped off with a tsunami. Can I just eliminate the timer somehow?

I had the same issue with my X1 timers. You need to send your timers to Eric - tr6coug member here. After he programmed 4 of my timers I had no issues. They work perfect. If you search; there are few trends here but just send the timers to him. his web address: http://www.wakeblaster.com/products/

Memo
06-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Here are some photos of the X1 I traded to Action Water. It had identical setup to yours except I had 4 ballast pumps http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=60143&highlight=2007+X1

sallen
06-16-2014, 02:07 PM
I am glad Memo talked me into reprogramming the timer before the season started!

MI_Corey
06-16-2014, 06:04 PM
Here are some photos of the X1 I traded to Action Water. It had identical setup to yours except I had 4 ballast pumps http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=60143&highlight=2007+X1

I like the idea of a fourth pump but that will have to wait. Also, can I run all 3 of my pumps simultaneously without issue?

Memo
06-16-2014, 11:22 PM
I like the idea of a fourth pump but that will have to wait. Also, can I run all 3 of my pumps simultaneously without issue?

No you cannot run 3 pumps simultaneously with the stock setup. You have 2 inlets and 3 pumps you will starve the pumps running from same inlet. Same thing goes when emptying ballast too much backpressure on the pumps. However you can run 2 then 1. You need a secondary hull inlet that has 2 inlets. Call Bruce at Action he ordered all my parts he knows what is required. I used the identical thru-hull fitting setup on stock side and replicated on the other side of the hull. This setup allowed me total of 4 inlets 2 on each side of the hull. You can block one inlet until you are ready for 4-pump setup or use it for shower or heater. This setup allows running all 4 pumps simultaneously and I works flawlessly. Hope this helps.

MI_Corey
06-17-2014, 12:20 AM
It does and I will definitely look into that. I've dealt with Bruce a lot and he has always been great so that works. Thanks!

Memo
06-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Folks at Action have always been knowable and great to deal with. AWS is a top notch operation no-doubt. Plus it helps to have my daughter ride for Team Action!:D

BudmanV24
06-17-2014, 11:35 AM

What was the reason for 4 pumps? On my boat the kgb and ibs always fill/empty faster than the rear 750s. I can only assume that this is because when stuffed into the bow, the ibs only holds 300 tops, giving you a total of around 600lbs in the nose.

MI_Corey
06-17-2014, 11:59 AM
I was thinking of that last night also. I think I'll add a third inlet but not the fourth setup.

MI_Corey
06-17-2014, 12:00 PM
I also just ordered check valves for all the over flows.

Memo
06-17-2014, 02:31 PM
What was the reason for 4 pumps? On my boat the kgb and ibs always fill/empty faster than the rear 750s. I can only assume that this is because when stuffed into the bow, the ibs only holds 300 tops, giving you a total of around 600lbs in the nose.

4 pump system allows for faster fill and independent fine tuning/adjustments of each bag. I do disagree with you on IBS holding only 300#. Installed and vented properly IBS can be filled to its potential. Fill times we programmed where 8 min on rears, 3 min on center and 6 min on front these times are based on using green impellers and engine idle at 1000 to 1200rpm. There are many other factors impacting flow, such as restrictions between thru-hull and pumps, hose diameter etc. I am simply stating what I have done and I know it works but may not be the right way.:D
Also - 2006 and 2007 have different ballast fill systems.

JRW160
06-17-2014, 04:37 PM
4 pump system allows for faster fill and independent fine tuning/adjustments of each bag. I do disagree with you on IBS holding only 300#. Installed and vented properly IBS can be filled to its potential. Fill times we programmed where 8 min on rears, 3 min on center and 6 min on front these times are based on using green impellers and engine idle at 1000 to 1200rpm. There are many other factors impacting flow, such as restrictions between thru-hull and pumps, hose diameter etc. I am simply stating what I have done and I know it works but may not be the right way.:D
Also - 2006 and 2007 have different ballast fill systems.

There is absolutely no way the ibs can be filled to its full 650lb potential under the bow seats of an x1. There just isn't enough space under there.

X1inOHIO
06-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Since most of you guys have a similar hull as mine, what type of ballast do you use in the bow? I like my surf wake (750 in the rear port locker and fill the KGB Center ballast) but I am looking to lengthen the sweet spot a bit. I was thinking 400# bag in the bow port on top of the seat....

wheelerd
06-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Anything up front is good. I have the IBS which is maybe 350 - 400 and sometimes add a person.

Aric'sX15
06-18-2014, 03:22 PM
IBS under the seat like wheeler says, which is limited to filling. Sometimes when we are feeling crazy, we do

IBS under the seat, IBS on top of the seat, and a 400 in the walkway.

monsterwake
06-18-2014, 03:34 PM
I am going to try a 400 in the walkway with the 1000 bow sac on top of it next time we are out.

LouisvilleFan
06-24-2014, 06:51 PM
Since most of you guys have a similar hull as mine, what type of ballast do you use in the bow? I like my surf wake (750 in the rear port locker and fill the KGB Center ballast) but I am looking to lengthen the sweet spot a bit. I was thinking 400# bag in the bow port on top of the seat....

Does your current setup allow for a rope free surf? my stock setup does not give me enough push and was thinking of just adding 750 on port side.

MI_Corey
06-24-2014, 07:03 PM
I was able to surf rope less with our hull just using the stock 225 in the port corner with a hyperlite broadcast and I'm 6'1" 190lbs. The pocket I had to stay in was very small though. With a 750 in the rear and some weight up front it gives a little more room to work.

LouisvilleFan
06-24-2014, 07:07 PM
I'm 6'-2" and 250. I get a little push right buy the boat but can only hold it for a few sec. That 750 kit is so cheap I think I'll try it.

wheelerd
06-25-2014, 03:21 AM
I surf ropeless -- 750 port, KGB, and IBS at about 10.5. I use a CWB Ride.