PDA

View Full Version : Battery alarm sounding

h2oskier
11-03-2005, 10:18 PM
I have a new '03 prostar 209. I have only 34 hrs on it. I am getting the battery alarm when the engine is off and the radio is on. I have charged the battery and even charged it yesterday prior to going out to the lake. My charger indicates that it is fully charged. I have plans to buy a new battery for next sping. Will I still have the same problem? :confused:

erkoehler
11-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Sounds like the battery is not holding a complete charge. If you take the battery to an automotive store, then they can test the battery for you to see if it is functioning properly.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-03-2005, 11:15 PM
I have a new '03 prostar 209. I have only 34 hrs on it. I am getting the battery alarm when the engine is off and the radio is on. I have charged the battery and even charged it yesterday prior to going out to the lake. My charger indicates that it is fully charged. I have plans to buy a new battery for next sping. Will I still have the same problem? :confused:
I would lean towards what ERK said, but first thing I would do before this, is check all of your connections. Make sure you have no loose wires. Battery, radio, amps, gauges, all of them. Especially if it is only 2 years old.
JM2C

Tom023
11-04-2005, 10:37 AM
What's a battery alarm? Is it the check engine light and buzz?