PDA

View Full Version : what the heck, help please!

DooSPX
11-03-2005, 05:12 PM
I was just looking at my brand new HO, and on the bottom, just front of the frt. boot. there a spot where the paper is peeling off. is the bottom covered with a paper... what do I do, it never hit anything either... :mad:

88 PS190
11-03-2005, 05:15 PM
PAPER???? um is it the graphics? or something else? I've had some ski's and wakeboards delaminate the top graphic, never seen one on the bottom. If you go to the tip, is there a protective peel off visable? If so remove that. Beyond that WARRANTY!

6ballsisall
11-03-2005, 05:17 PM
How about a pic Doo?

erkoehler
11-03-2005, 05:25 PM
I would assume it might be a shipping static cling plastic. If not, send it back no reason for that.

PendO
11-03-2005, 05:31 PM
You mean the paper label that comes on the ski that you peel off b4 you use it?

DooSPX
11-03-2005, 05:36 PM
I removed the paper... its the bottom graphic what says vengence, and its all gray and black. under that, it looks like a colorful gelcoat.

Ric
11-03-2005, 05:40 PM
I removed the paper... its the bottom graphic what says vengence, and its all gray and black. under that, it looks like a colorful gelcoat.
IF you think it may truly be a flaw...
I had an asx show a funny looking fracture longways on the bottom near where you see your flaw. Took it back to the retailer, he returned it to HO, they inspected it and replaced it with a new asx/vengeance at no charge to me. :twocents:

erkoehler
11-03-2005, 05:42 PM

Don't even waste your time, send it back.

DooSPX
11-03-2005, 05:49 PM
here is a pic... as you can see, there seems to be a gelcoat under it. :confused: :(

erkoehler
11-03-2005, 05:52 PM
sorry, no pic :confused:

DooSPX
11-03-2005, 05:59 PM
sorry...

here you go

AirJunky
11-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Hard to tell if that is stuck to the ski or underneath the glass/resin/graphic.

Typically only the PBT or aluminum top is covered in any kind of contact paper when their shipped. The bottom is resin & is in direct contact with the mold as it's injected.

So if it doesn't peel off or clean up, take it in to your dealer. HO has a very fair return policy so you'll probably be well taken care of.

PendO
11-03-2005, 06:17 PM
That pic looks like the blem (if it really is) is just a sticker on the bottom of the ski ... it's raised up right? Sorry, trying to render 3D and just can get it :) Just peel it off and take off the glue with rubbing alcohol. I think it is just a label.

Hard to tell if that is stuck to the ski or underneath the glass/resin/graphic.

Typically only the PBT or aluminum top is covered in any kind of contact paper when their shipped. The bottom is resin & is in direct contact with the mold as it's injected.

So if it doesn't peel off or clean up, take it in to your dealer. HO has a very fair return policy so you'll probably be well taken care of.

AirJunky
11-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Yep, I'd second that. Probably just a decal stuck to the bottom, hence the paper.

Ric
11-03-2005, 06:24 PM
It looks like that spot on mikael gorbachev's forehead

DooSPX
11-03-2005, 06:29 PM
That pic looks like the blem (if it really is) is just a sticker on the bottom of the ski ... it's raised up right? Sorry, trying to render 3D and just can get it :) Just peel it off and take off the glue with rubbing alcohol. I think it is just a label.

here is the a pic of what the bottom looks like... it turns out that that entire thing is a paper type...

in my first pic shows mine that peeled up after 2 sets.

PendO
11-03-2005, 06:34 PM
here is the a pic of what the bottom looks like... it turns out that that entire thing is a paper type...

in my first pic shows mine that peeled up after 2 sets.

so its all good now???

DooSPX
11-03-2005, 06:40 PM
no, that pic is what it is supposed to look like...

PendO
11-03-2005, 06:48 PM
no, that pic is what it is supposed to look like...

Okay, so on your pic when we see the orange color that is beneath the surface of the rest of the ski? (I don't see orange on the ski that is in good condition) I thought it looked like it was on top of the surface (sorry) ... it it is below yer ski is F'ed but HO will cover it under warranty... if your dealer is good they will just give you a new ski and take care of the warranty on their own ... if they are not so good they will send your ski back in and wait until HO looks at it and sends you a new one ... my brother seems to have a wakeboard / surfboard that gets replaced under warranty every few years, never seen a ski blem like that ... seems awful thin if that is the actual bottom of the ski.

DooSPX
11-03-2005, 06:50 PM
i know... :(

PendO
11-03-2005, 06:53 PM
If your dealer doesn't want to give you a new blank and you are missing out on the season you might just want to contact HO and see if they can hook you up ... we have had good luck with HO/Hyperlite

PendO
11-03-2005, 07:05 PM
http://www.hosports.com/flashindex1.htm

AirJunky
11-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Ask for Don.... and tell him I said hello!

DooSPX
11-03-2005, 07:38 PM
If your dealer doesn't want to give you a new blank and you are missing out on the season you might just want to contact HO and see if they can hook you up ... we have had good luck with HO/Hyperlite

100% correct :(

BrianM
11-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Call HO and ask for Eddie Roberts. He is their sustomer service guy and will take care of you.

Brent
11-03-2005, 10:03 PM
E-mail Eddie Roberts & he will take vary good care of you!
eddie@hosports.com

Good luck

PendO
11-04-2005, 12:38 AM
It's pretty sweet to think that a guy can post a pic of a problem with a ski and by the end of the day he has a few names and email addresses for real people he can contact ... luv this board!

DooSPX
11-04-2005, 12:44 PM
It's pretty sweet to think that a guy can post a pic of a problem with a ski and by the end of the day he has a few names and email addresses for real people he can contact ... luv this board!

you got that right .... I think Performance Ski will take care of if for me...
thank you all so much ! :)