PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Mastercraft Owners?????

Kyle's_prostar205
11-03-2005, 05:07 PM
:D I'm a die hard water skier and wake boarder. Anybody from Colorado knows that the so called lakes here are no more than a large pond filled with a bunch of amature boat owners and maniacs mixed in! I'm just looking for other fellow Mastercraft people who are in Colorado. :D

6ballsisall
11-03-2005, 05:36 PM
THere are several CO members on the site here and sure to welcome you soon.

I noticed in your sig. you show your 97 PS205 has a 351TBI engine. I was not aware they put a Ford motor in that year boat. Is it maybe a 350TBI?

Kyle's_prostar205
11-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Yea my bad. My dad has a 1988 Prostar 190 with 351 in it. Thanks for the catch!

6ballsisall
11-03-2005, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=Kyle's_prostar205Anybody from Colorado knows that the so called lakes here are no more than a large pond filled with a bunch of amature boat owners and maniacs mixed in! I'm just looking for other fellow Mastercraft people who are in Colorado. :D[/QUOTE]

To get around the "cool crowd" you could join empire reservoir out by Wiggins, CO. My family has been members for about 20 years now. There are quite a few tourney boat owners on the southwest shore, lots of bu's though :rolleyes:

Kyle's_prostar205
11-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Yea my neighbors just joined up there this past summer. I have been thinking about joining as well. I guess it is only money right? We'll see I got a few months to think about it before the water starts to warm back up.

6ballsisall
11-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Yea my neighbors just joined up there this past summer. I have been thinking about joining as well. I guess it is only money right? We'll see I got a few months to think about it before the water starts to warm back up.

The southwest shore is the more expensive one to join but thats where most of the comp boat owners camp at. You can get a membership with the same lake rights on 2 of the other beaches for a few benjamins less. If I still lived in CO I wouldn't even bother going to the public lakes. They are too darn dangerous (I.E. Chatfield or Cherry Creek) too many boaters that don't have a clue and not enough water.

debecker13
11-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Glad to see the Colorado crowd speakin up. I live up in Fort Collins and work in Greeley. JRandol mentioned the Empire Res. but I have not been able to find any info on joining the lake. Do either of you have a contact # for someone out there, or for any of the private lakes in Northern Colorado for that matter? As far as public lakes go, horsetooth was great for me week days after work, until I ran out of light...

6ballsisall
11-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Glad to see the Colorado crowd speakin up. I live up in Fort Collins and work in Greeley. JRandol mentioned the Empire Res. but I have not been able to find any info on joining the lake. Do either of you have a contact # for someone out there, or for any of the private lakes in Northern Colorado for that matter? As far as public lakes go, horsetooth was great for me week days after work, until I ran out of light...

The owner lives out in Fort Morgan and I remember his first name is Doug. I don't have his number but will email my uncles. He usually runs ads in the Rocky Mtn. News closer to spring time. I wouldn't be overly concerned about getting on the lake, from my memory there usually is some openings.

Kyle's_prostar205
11-04-2005, 11:27 AM
I will get in touch with my neighbors and see who they talked to when they got their membership on Empire. Some other Mastercraft owners are on a lake up by the Budweiser plant. Another is on a lake just east of Fort Collins as well. I work part time for S&W Marine (the new Masetrcraft dealer) and I some of them are on Hidden Lake and Aloha Beach. I'll see what I can find out. As I mentioned I help out the Mastercraft dealer every once and awhile and we have talked about doing a Mastercraft reunion here in Colorado. Since there are no close reunions for us Mile Highers we thought that doing our own would be a blast. What do you guys think? :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kyle's_prostar205
11-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Yea I enjoyed Horsetooth about every weekend till mid September this year! I absolutly fell in love with it. It is worth the 1.5 hour drive to get there. Plus the scenery for a mid 20's guy like me is not too bad either! :)

skisix@38
11-04-2005, 05:15 PM
To get around the "cool crowd" you could join empire reservoir out by Wiggins, CO. My family has been members for about 20 years now. There are quite a few tourney boat owners on the southwest shore, lots of bu's though :rolleyes:

Welcome! I'm a CO skier too but I now own a 'Bu. I sold my '94 to a guy that skis on empire. Ever seen this boat out there? I loved that boat and it did us well. I hope it's doing well still in it's new family.
To get another source for private water call Norm Speak 303 238 0338. He knows most of the water in CO.

Kyle's_prostar205
11-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Norm is one of the best and most knowledgeable guys around. We skied with him and Micky Wilkenson at Lyden Lake in Arvada and at Patrick Lake in Littleton. Two GREAT Mastercraft guys to know!!!! I wont hold it against Norm for helping sell Infinity's. :smile:

6ballsisall
11-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Welcome! I'm a CO skier too but I now own a 'Bu. I sold my '94 to a guy that skis on empire. Ever seen this boat out there? I loved that boat and it did us well. I hope it's doing well still in it's new family.
To get another source for private water call Norm Speak 303 238 0338. He knows most of the water in CO.

Can't say that I have six. But I haven't been on Empire for 2 seasons now (don't live in CO anymore) I am sure my family has seen it and would venture to bet my uncles drooled over it a few times ;)

skisix@38
11-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Can't say that I have six. But I haven't been on Empire for 2 seasons now (don't live in CO anymore) I am sure my family has seen it and would venture to bet my uncles drooled over it a few times ;)

Please see if your uncle has seen her. I would like to know how she's doing. I could go look to see who bought her if I could remember where the paper work is. Two years ago next May is when we sold her.

Norm is a spry old guy. We ski on Cottonwood with Mickey, he's still with MC and still skiing every night during the summer and getting into 35 still.

Don't hesistate to ring me if you want a ride- you'd have to ski behind a RLXi though.

Kyle's_prostar205
11-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Is Don Hicks still on Cottonwood? He is a close person friend to my family. I grew up skiing with his step daughter Nikki. I would love to go for a pull. It doesn'tt matter what is pulling me. I will always be partial to MC but if offered a pull it doesnt matter what the rope is attached to! :woohoo:

skisix@38
11-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Is Don Hicks still on Cottonwood? He is a close person friend to my family. I grew up skiing with his step daughter Nikki. I would love to go for a pull. It doesn'tt matter what is pulling me. I will always be partial to MC but if offered a pull it doesnt matter what the rope is attached to! :woohoo:

Yes Don is still at CW. A great guy and still addicted to skiing. We were going to ski today but, the weather is against us.

mc_prostar
11-07-2005, 04:42 AM
If you guys are serious about Empire, my parents are members of the south west shore. It is great place to ski, our family has been members for about 12 years. Last time i talked with Jim, the guy who controls membership on our side, the wait was about 2 years. If you make friends with members he can usually just let you join. If you want his number i can put you in touch with him or my parents.

six there are a few boats that look like your old one on empire. all they people are die hard so im sure it is well taken care of.

CoFooter
11-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Kyle,

Run, don't walk, from any public water in Colorado. It's all too crowded unless you want to drive several hours. The best I've found is Navajo down on the Colorado/New Mexico border. Great lake and never crowded except for holiday weekends, but it is about 6 hours from you. There is a lot of private water north and east of Denver. I have a friend on Empire that loves it. We have memberships on a private barefoot lake in Brighton and and la ake North of Windsor, much like Empire. Look around or talk to Norm, there is a lot open. It's worth the money. It hurts when you have to write the check every year but you never regret it because you get great water.

Good luck.....

skisix@38
11-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Kyle,

We have memberships on a private barefoot lake in Brighton and and la ake North of Windsor, much like Empire.

Good luck.....

CoFooter, are you on pit 4?

CoFooter
11-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Yep, it is Pit 4. First year there.

6ballsisall
11-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Kyle,

Run, don't walk, from any public water in Colorado. It's all too crowded unless you want to drive several hours. The best I've found is Navajo down on the Colorado/New Mexico border. Great lake and never crowded except for holiday weekends, but it is about 6 hours from you. There is a lot of private water north and east of Denver. I have a friend on Empire that loves it. We have memberships on a private barefoot lake in Brighton and and la ake North of Windsor, much like Empire. Look around or talk to Norm, there is a lot open. It's worth the money. It hurts when you have to write the check every year but you never regret it because you get great water.

Good luck.....

Navajo is Nice and not crowded usually. Peronally for a local joint we enjoy Empire and I don't think its that crowded by any means.

What is Don Hicks skiing behind now? Does he still use an Infinity? Is he still selling them used?

skisix@38
11-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Navajo is Nice and not crowded usually. Peronally for a local joint we enjoy Empire and I don't think its that crowded by any means.

What is Don Hicks skiing behind now? Does he still use an Infinity? Is he still selling them used?

Don still has an Infinity he keeps at Cottonwood. It's a little different now on that lake now, usually he won't get there until after some other folks already have their boats in. We all just kind of use the two or maybe three boats that are already in the water. Mostly a SN 196, RLXi and TT197, some of time the Infinity.

DonMunro
02-05-2007, 09:00 PM
looking for a house on a private lake near Denver? Do you know of any contacts?

Kyle's_prostar205
02-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Cant say that I do. Check Laku.com They are a private lake housing community. That would be my only contact for you. Srry I couldn't help you a little more! :( Good Luck...Keep me advised!

cdstukey
03-03-2007, 03:39 AM
looking for a house on a private lake near Denver? Do you know of any contacts?

You can also check here.

http://www.lakehouse.com/browse_map.php?cat=15

Don't know how up to date it is but the adds seem to change regularly.

new2co
03-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Does anyone know how to get on Empire or any other private lake in the Northern Colorado area??? We moved here last July from Idaho to open a business. In Idaho, water was everywhere and we didn't have to deal with other boats, people or anything really. We would LOVE to get a pass/permit to any lake to avoid the crowd. Any information would help, thank you.

BoulderSkier
03-14-2007, 06:44 PM
You can contact Empire Lake Boating at 760 815 9386. I think they want $1900 / yr and you get your own camping site. there was an ad in the Denver post a month ago, but it's to far for me. Good luck.

new2co
03-19-2007, 06:51 PM
That is a California number, are they from there???

BoulderSkier
03-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi New,

I don't know if they are from California or not. I traded voice mails with a lady named Sherry I believe. I have the ad in my hand and that's the number on it. Did you try it? I double checked and its 760 815 9386.

Ad says "boaters, campers skiers, 3000 acre private lake, year round memberships available. Her message to me indicated its Empire lake near Wiggins.

I too am looking for water near Boulder. Where are you at?

BoulderSkier
03-19-2007, 07:38 PM
That is a California number, are they from there???
Hi New,

oops, didn't mean to post it twice.

new2co
03-19-2007, 07:52 PM
I am, went to school at Boise State (Go Broncos, 2007 Fiest Bowl Champs) and moved out here with my boyfriend to open a business in La Salle. I wish I knew a place close to Boulder, sorry I couldn't help.

MasterCrafting
04-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Im going to school in Gunnison next fall...anyone have a boat in that area? Taylor resouvoir...?

betsy&david Harrison
04-09-2007, 10:57 PM
What about the lake near Carbondale? Too far away? I know it is a private ski lake but friends of ours were able to ski there a few years back.

mtnsun
04-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Just joined the club! JJ, from Longmont. I recently moved here from the mtn's (Breckenridge). Looking forward to a great season of being out on the water. I have an all original 1978 Stars & Stripes 190, 351 ci motor. White & metalflake Red. She's a thing of beauty!

CoFooter
04-12-2007, 04:31 PM
MtnSun,

I work in Longmont, live in Erie. I have a buddy down in the Springs who had a Brown/Beige '78 S&S, now has a PS190. I first got hooked on skiing behind that '78 years ago. Man, i miss those times. Where are you skiing this year, I'll keep an eye our for your '78.

M-Funf
04-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Just joined the club! JJ, from Longmont. I recently moved here from the mtn's (Breckenridge). Looking forward to a great season of being out on the water. I have an all original 1978 Stars & Stripes 190, 351 ci motor. White & metalflake Red. She's a thing of beauty!

mtnsun,
Welcome! nice color combo on the old S&S....but ya gotta share pictures ;)

mtnsun
04-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Will get some pic's up soon. I am in the process of cleaning her up and getting her ready for the summer. Today I went and picked up some 303 (cleaner) and waxed & polished her up. Spent dam near the entire day outside working on it. I am on call this weekend so I don't know if I am heading out to the rez. My luck I will get the boat in the water and all set up and my dam pager will start beepin'! I have some days off this coming week so I am planning on heading out to Carter lk and Horsetooth rez to get some time in on the h20. This is my first MC and I am already hooked. Being from Michigan, I grew up around ski boats. A few of my friends back in Michigan still have S&S boats and I always said that if I ever ran across a nice one I would buy it. So I did! I like the new one's but come on, it's a classic! I'll get some pic's up soon. She's White with the Red stripe, Skylon pole (the stripper pole)! Tow vehicle is a Green Chevy Suburban or a 07' Jeep wrangler Unlimited 4 door (deep Red). If ya see us out on the lake, give us a holla'.

JJ

CoFooter
04-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Mtnsun, Boulder res is nice really early or really late in the season. We got out there in early March this year. I'll also go out occasionally early AM before work as I work about 10 minutes away. May thru Sept the place is a zoo. I'll definitely stop by if I see your S&S out there.

mtnsun
04-23-2007, 02:01 PM
I agree. It seems like the people out at Boulder Rez actually know how to drive boats & be respectful of others. I have been out there before and had a great time. The mastercraft is a nice change for me. I previously had a sea doo speedster boat and a four wins before that. I grew up with my friends having MC & Ski Natiques so now I can really appreciate how nice it is to be an owner!
Give us a holla' if ya see us out at the lake.
JJ

mtnsun
04-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Any chance all of us Colorado MC owners (or at least some of us) could get together for a day (or weekend) on a lake here in Colorado this summer? I think it would be pretty cool to meet you, swap stories and show our loyality to MC. A lake that is accessable for us to all agree at and not a huge hassle. I would like to work on getting this going. Any suggestions or upcoming events we could attend together?

JJ

mtnsun
04-24-2007, 08:51 PM
How do you like this for weather?!!! I guess the water is good for the lakes and keeping the grass green. Well I am just planning ahead but I am going to be out at Horsetooth Rez. on Saturday. It's looking like the weather is going to be good.

Kyle's_prostar205
04-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Mtnsun---

I have always wanted to plana get-together of local MC owners. My future father-inlaw is one of the two MC promo skiers and I might be able to get him to bring his new Tournamnet Team 197 and his son-inlaw is the HO/Hyperlite rep and he might bring out his X-star. We could try and do something up at Horsetooth. I love it ip there even though it is a drive from Parker. Let me know if you are interested and I can even try and Get S&W Marine to bring up some new MC's as well. You can e-mail me at kyle@repservices.net and we can plan this a little further! Glad to have a local perosn in the MC family. Look forward to hearin from you soon!

Kyle K

mtnsun
04-26-2007, 12:18 AM
That sounds great. I think together we could put on a great MC showing. I have a few friends of friends that have MC boats and would be more than willing to come up to Horsetooth as well. Lets stay in contact and plan this out. Glad to be part of the MC family finally.

6ballsisall
04-26-2007, 12:59 AM
You can contact Empire Lake Boating at 760 815 9386. I think they want $1900 / yr and you get your own camping site. there was an ad in the Denver post a month ago, but it's to far for me. Good luck.

That seems steep, my family has been members on Empire since I was in junior high. I'll call and ask but I believe we pay $1350 per year. There are 3 different sites w/ 3 different prices. Doug is the guy who rents out the beach we are on. He lives in Longmont and is a super nice guy. If you want his # just PM me.

CoFooter
04-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Mtnsun,

Keep us posted if you arrange a get together this year. L

Looks like a smokin weekend for hitting the lakes in Colorado. First 80's since November. I can't wait, maybe I can ditch the drysuit I've been wearing since March.

For those of you thinking about Empire, make sure you ask about the water situation. The ditch company that manages our lake said that Empire water may not see Memorial day this year. Don't know this for a fact, but you should ask the question before you plunk down your hard earned dollars.

mtnsun
04-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Just got the boat out of the garage and put a fresh coat of "shing" on her. I'll be out at Horsetooth Rez tomorrow (Ft.Collins). It's looking like blue sky, snow capped mtn's and bikini city for the weekend! Be safe and enjoy.

JJ

Kyle's_prostar205
04-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Have a GREAT weekend yourself! I'm gona be playing behind the boat in the pic. If you do find yourself in Bikini City please do us all a huge favor and sher them on the "swimsuit thread!" Have fun a nd be safe!:)

mtnsun
04-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Beautiful boat....

mtnsun
04-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Wow, What a weekend... Saturday went to Horsetooth for the day and got some amazing boating in. The rez was beautiful. Blue sky, sun and very cold water! Lots of "hotties" out showing some skin. Sorry no pics of that! I took the cam but neglected to charge the battery all the way up.
Sunday went to Carter Lake. Not too bad either. A decent amount of boats but not too many. Again, blue sky and lots of sun but not as many honnies out sun bathing. That's ok, my babe is easy on the eyes and ridin' in my MC! The H2o is still dam cold but I dis get in a few times. Hope you all had a great weekend.
Suggestions for the MC Colorado get together this summer? Dates, lake, or ideas for the event. Let's do this!

JJ

CoFooter
04-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Swweeeeet boat, Kyle. Is that yours or a promo?

What a great weekend out here.

Kyle's_prostar205
04-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Hopefully it will be mine after this ski season. My girlfriends dad is one of the two MC promo skiers here so it is his boat till the end of the season then he can sell it. I need to sell my 1997 Prostar 205 first though...keep your ears open for me.

mtnsun
05-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Not sure who it was but yesterday I was leaving work and I saw a guy on the side of the highway (I-25 South) with a Master Craft X series (Blue & white) with a Red Dodge p/u truck. Well he was picking up stuff all over the highway that must have flew out of the boat! So I got on the highway at the hwy 34 on ramp and started heading home. Got about 5 miles up the highway and the same guy was pulled over again, picking up a wake board and a few other things.... Crazy stuff!

CoFooter
05-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Mtnsun,

When spring comes around in a big way like it has lately, all the loonies come out. Surpised it was a MC owner, most of them are pulling I/O's.

Reminds of once in the vey early days of having a boat - an I/O of course. I was headed south on I-25 and my stuff started flying out the back of my boat - tube, life jackets, hats, you name it. Me and my buddy were dodging traffic trying to receive this stuff and finally a cop came down the highway and slowed traffic down so we could retrieve the tube. He pulled over, walked up to us a said "Boys, you need to be strappin that sh** down". It was pretty funny at the moment. Now whenever we're headed out with that boat, my wife says, "Boy, did you stap that sh** down". Pretty funny to this day.

Kyle's_prostar205
05-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Its a funny thing because when we see a fellow MC owner we feal sorry for them but when it is an owner of an I/O we kinda laugh and keep driving. I have had my own expierences with flying watersports products from the back of my boat and truck before and it is just a sinking feeling cause you know you got to stop and look like a dummie runing up and down the interstate picking up your stuff!

mtnsun
05-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Well judging from the overcast sky I don't know if it's going to be a great boating weekend but i'm keeping my fingers crossed. A day out on the water is better than a day at work (unless you work out on the water!) Have a great weekend all.

JJ

mtnsun
05-08-2007, 03:20 PM
If anyone in the local area can head out on Thursday (5/10/07), I will be out at Horsetooth in Ft.Collins playing on the rez. Got lucky and getting a day off during the week! Also, this coming weekend a few of us are heading to Jackson Lake (out near Ft. Lupton) for the weekend. We are camping Friday-Sunday. I guess it's a nice sized lake and calm water. Looking forward to testing it out.

JJ

CoFooter
05-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Mtnsun, sounds like a great few days of fun and sun. I'm stuck at work this week but heading our early Friday for the weekend to wet the gills and soak up some 80+ degree rays. Never been to Jackson but heard good things about it. Have fun and let us know how it is.

mtnsun
05-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Got a lot of boating in this weekend. Jackson Lake was ok... Not what I expected. Everyone I had talked to said "The lake is always like glass". Not the case this weekend. Very choppy! Even over near the dam. Saturday was cut short because of a storm that cam in fast. Everyone was scrabliing to get out of the water. With only one boat launch it made it tuff. The wait to launch was about 15 minutes Saturday morning.
The rez is fairly big and the water level was high but in the deepest spot the lake was only 18' deep! At least the shore is sand and very little rock. Like I said, not what I expected. Very windy and rough water. I can at least say I have been there. I think I will stick closer to home and near the mtns! Hope all had a great and safe weekend.

CoFooter
05-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Mtnsun, too bad about Jackson. I've heard good and bad things. Its such a big reservoir and wide open out on the plains that I'm not surprised it gets chopped up. Next time, head a little farther east and go to north sterling. Not usually very crowded, sandy beaches and its shaped like a horseshoe so you can usually find some good water somehwere.

I skied up east of fort collins all weekend and other than that Saturday storm it was glass most of the weekend. Water temp said 69.8. Ditched the drysuit for good til October.

mtnsun
05-15-2007, 04:31 PM
That sounds good. I have just been wanting to hit a few lakes around Colorado to mix things up a bit. I'm going to try and make it back to Horsetooth on Thursday, depending on the weather. I am getting a bit spoiled.... I know that Carter lake is on the smaller side but come on, it's 15 minutes from my house and the lake is normally not that bad (temp & condition). That makes it nice!

6ballsisall
05-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Talked to my fam over the weekend while they were at Empire. They said the lake is higher than they've ever seen it and we've been members since 1994! Glad to hear you guys might have some water to play in this year!!

CoFooter
05-15-2007, 07:39 PM
JRandol,

I heard exactly the opposite in late March. They were saying it was the earliest run-off peak on record and at a ditch company meeting most eastern plains lakes wouldn't see Memorial day. That all changed in April where it cooled way down and we got a lot more rain and snow. Looks like it saved the year out here and most lakes will reach capacity. That is until they start the dreaded draw down in July. Oh well, we'll enjoy it while we can.

wake pop
05-17-2007, 04:53 PM
I'll second the Sterling Res comment. Nice sized lake, not too crowded, and nice facilities for camping. It gets more local fishing action than rec boating I think. All the eastern plains lakes are gonna be prone to those afternoon soakers. At least you can see em coming for a while and get off the lake.

mtnsun
05-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Went to Carter Lake again on Saturday. I got out there fairly early and the lake was nice, empty (not a bunch of people) and calm. After 2 storms blew over we resumed boarding and messing around.
Heading to Glendo,WY for the Memorial Day weekend. What's everyone else doing?

wake pop
05-22-2007, 02:53 PM
We'll be at our spot on a lake up by Ft Collins chilling with friends and familiy- a little boarding, a little Sky Ski, a liitle surfing, and a lot of relaxing. Sounds like the weather should improve just in time.

CoFooter
05-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Mtnsun, impressive the way you get around. I remember those days hauling off every weekend for a few hours drive trying to find some good water. Had a lot of fun on those roadtrips. If you don't mind driving, try Navajo down on the New Mexico border sometime. You'll like it a lot.

Wakepop, where do you do your boating? I'm on a lake east of Fort Collins

mtnsun
05-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Thaks for that. I do enjoy getting around to other places just to check them out and meet people. I am having a blast already this year being out on the water. Look for each other sometime and have a cold one with ya'! Thanks for the tip on New Mexico. I will look into that.

JJ

wake pop
05-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Footer: We're on Timnath Res. It's full now and hope it stays that way for a while. What lake are you on?

CoFooter
05-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi Wakepop, were on Windsor Shores. I have a neighbor on Timnath. Red/Tan Gekko. Windsor is filling as we speak and with all this rain it may last awhile this year before they start sucking it out. I heard possibly last year on Timnath??? Any truth to that?

wake pop
05-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Footer: I heard WS was filling late this year- but at least it's filling, right? We have 1 more year for sure on the lease and then it's up in the air. Bruce (owned Bruces in Severence) passed last fall and his son had no interest in renegotiating with the ditch company for another lease term. Last weekend I heard now he says he'll try to pick up the lease again. Who knows- I think he saw how much $ that lake generates each year and figured he'd be a fool to walk away from it. We were on Fossil Creek when they pulled the lease in 2000 and gave it to the birds so nothing new on losing a lake. The new golf course next to us will probably try to grab the lease as well as several developers. Bruce did a great job at holding those guys off for years. Have a great Memorial weekend!

CoFooter
05-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Several friends at WS used to be on Fossil Creek. I'm sure we know some of the same people. Its only a matter of time before more water gets gobbled up by birds, cities, developers, etc. To your point, enjoy it while you can. Have a great weekend.

mtnsun
05-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Have a great weekend all... We are heading to Boyd Lake in Loveland early Saturday morning then to either Carter or Horsetooth on Sunday then off to Glendo,WY Monday-Wed. Hope all of you Colorado die hards have a blast where ever you are off to. Keep the beer cold, and try not to burn the weenies over the camp fire!

JJ

CoFooter
05-25-2007, 02:17 PM
You too - MTNSUN. I started my weekend off foot'n at 6AM on Boulder rez before work (38 degrees air when I hopped in the water, the water was actually steaming) and headed up to the lake this PM. Will definitely require multiple cold beverages. I'll let the wife be in charge of the weenies. Have a great time. Let us know how Glendo is.

mtnsun
05-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Glendo was amazing... Saw a bunch of "great sights" on and off the water! The lake was a bit busy but most people were curtious of others. The nice thing is that Glendo is so big, even when it's busy you still have enough room to play. Spent most of the time over at Sandy Beach. Nice cove with a lot of people with boats pulled up on the beach. I got a chance to meet some very nice people and do a bit of bikini watching!
Only bad situation was a boat out in the middle of the lake caught fire and burned to the water... I guess it started in the engine compartment and was caused by a loose spark plug wire. The boat was a total loss. No one was hurt. What a sight to see. I got a sweet pic of the boat burning and a big ole' Smoker Craft pontoon in front of it! Gives the new meaning to "smoker craft"! The boat that burned was a Four Winns or a Sea Ray.
I came back today because of the weather. Just an FYI. This Saturday starts the summer concert series at the beach area on Boyd Lake in Loveland. A free concert, pull the boat up to the beach and have a good time. I believe the concert starts at 1 or 2:00 in the afternoon.

mtnsun
06-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Boyd Lake on Saturday was great. Not a lot of people but a lot of sun!! I met up with some people from 94.3 MAX FM. They were doing a live broadcast from the lake. Tied our boats together in the cove near the swim beach and had a blast. It's all part of a summer promotion the raido station is doing. The next party is at Horsetooth Rez in Ft.Collins on Saturday June 16th. Try and make it.

6ballsisall
06-02-2007, 11:14 PM
MTN, where do you live??? My family lives in Greeley, and has for 20 years now.

Spent many a trips at Glendo growing up (teenage years) We were there one weekend and they decided to lower the lake some 20'. It was quite a site to wake up and see our boat BONE DRY on land along with everyone elses boats!! Seems the DNR "forgot" to tell everyone what was going on......:rolleyes:

mtnsun
06-03-2007, 01:40 AM
I live between Longmont & Boulder. Recently moved down to this area from Breckenridge (work). I miss being up in the high country but getting to like it more down on the flats.
I did hear a few people mention the same thing about Glendo. Thatis amazing how much water they will release. I am heading back up there the weekend bedore the 4th of July. Hope the water levels are ok, if not I guess I will head down stream to Gernsey.
Shoot me an email sometime, I try to get out as much as I can.

JJ

wake pop
06-04-2007, 04:40 PM
We used to go to Glendo a couple of times a year. I loved that lake. I learned the hard way about how fast the water goes out overnight. Nudged my boat into the sandy shore 1 night and woke up next morning and the prop was barely touching the water.
That lake is so big that it's still a great lake even when they pull the plug. When they are draining it the little river that runs down to Guernsey Res turns into a great 2-3 hour raft trip. Follow the road past the marina and keep going past Two Moons campsites and you'll come to the outlet pipes where the water comes out. Fill the raft up with beer and munchies and off you go. Great scenic trip and no paddles needed.

mtnsun
06-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Nice.... I stayed at two moons campground and had an amazing over look view of the rez. I took a drive over to the dam and the sandy beach camp ground. The outlet tube really shoots the water! They had it going good over Memorial day weekend. The whole rafting idea sounds fun. I would love to try that on a tube. Not to mention, if they opened the dam a little and water was coming down the spill way that would be a blast to tube down! I do not think that would go over very well with the park rangers!!!
I have plans to head back up the weekend before the 4th of July and stay at two moons again. The drive is not bad and the lake is great. I love the sandy beach area. Real sand between my toes feels good again!

JJ

mtnsun
06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Saturday the 16th, mark it on your calendar if you are free.... Horsetooth Rez in FT.Collins,CO. MAX fm (94.3 fm) is hosting stop #2 of the MAXimum Summer promo. Check out the web page at www.z943.com and click on the MAXimum Summer tab on the menu to find out more details and pics from the 1st promo at Boyd Lake. Its a great chance to meet some nice people, listen to some good music and get some free "schwag" (shirts,hats,Qdoba and more). Hope to see some of you at Horsetooth!

mtnsun
06-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Another great weekend. Spent Saturday at Boyd lake. Water level is slowly coming up and getting warmer. Sunday we spent the entire day at Carter lk. Water level is dropping and cold! The boat launch at Carter (south) is a bit tricky. I think the strong wind from last weeks storm blew the dock over to the side. Neither the park rangers or lake patrol seemed to want to fix it on Sunday. Great weather all weekend!

mtnsun
06-13-2007, 10:12 PM
This Saturday is the MAX fm summer tour stop #2 at Horsetooth Rez. form 10-2. Look for the MAX fm flag and the pontoon floating around giving out free shwag.

mtnsun
06-22-2007, 10:33 AM
FYI, Anyone thinking about heading to Carter Lake near Loveland,think again... They are slowly draining the rez to fix the dam. I spent the day out there yesterday and was very suprised to see how low it's actually getting. The boat launch (south) is bad. Verry shallow. Lots of rocks showing along the shoreline. That will more than likely be my last trip out there this year.

COboarder
07-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Hey guys, new to TeamTalk,
I live in Durango, which is a long haul away from those of you on the front range. La Veta and Wolf Creek passes could be a slow slog if you don't have a stout tow vehicle. Lake Navajo is great, with lots of space to spread out, 20 miles long and 15,000 acres (http://parks.state.co.us/Parks/Navajo). Not nearly the party scene that you have at lakes up there. The water levels are high this year (http://lakenavajo.water-data.com/). It does have Summer "monsoon" storms that arrive in the afternoons. There are camp sites, trailer spaces, and cabins for rent.

Also in this area are Vallecito Lake (cold, but beautiful) and McPhee Reservoir (have not been there yet).

h2oskifreak
07-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Hey MTNSUN, I love to hear you passion for your 78 S & S. Sounds like you are using the crap out of her. We have a Blue S & S 1975 and also ski her hard. I am fairly new to the site and also have some photo to get posted soon.

shepherd
12-27-2007, 02:58 PM
When I was in the Denver area a couple weeks ago, I saw a small ski lake on the side of the 470 on the west side of town. The dock had a big Mastercraft banner hanging over it. It was covered with snow when I saw it. :(
I "Mapquested" it and it's called Soda Lake, just south of the Morrison Road exit. Are any of you CO skiers familiar with the place? Is it a private ski club lake? It looks like it may be in a state park.

Just curious.

Kyle's_prostar205
12-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Hey Shep!

That lake is called "Little Soda" If you go to www.skisoda.com
you can see the ski school web site. Tey work with the local MC dealer and get a new 197 and usually an X-Star at the begining of the season and they trade them at 100 hours and usually end up with another 197 and X-Star half way through the season. Next time you are in town and want a ski ride my fiancee's family owns a private ski lake about 30 minutes North of Denver. Her dad is part of the Tournament Team so there is always a new 197 in the water to ski behind. Let me know and I hope you enjoyed Colorado while you were here!

Kyle

shepherd
12-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks Kyle, I'll keep your offer in mind. While I have a hope of returning to CO this winter for some more skiing, I may also be coming out in mid summer. My brother-in-law wants to go backpacking up in the mountains, above the tree line, in July or Aug. If I overcome my concerns about altitude sickness (I live at sea level) and my aversion to sleeping on the ground, I may take him up on it.

A little waterski side trip might be just the ticket!

Kyle's_prostar205
12-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Drink LOTS of water once you get here and get lots of rest. You will have no problem with the hiking. Let me know and I will try and accomidate you as best as possible!

TMCNo1
12-27-2007, 03:52 PM
FWIW, that lake appears to be a quarry lake. You can follow most any major Interstate highway or local 4 lane expressway anywhere in the country and find very suitable ski lakes. Prior to the construction process, large amounts of right away is bought for intersections to other Interstates and major highways for soil that can be used as fill dirt for the overpasses and such. Those quarries are then turned into retention ponds for runoff from construction and after the highways/intersections are built. Most times they are placed into quarantine by the construction authority who had the highways built for X amount of years, then the land is sold back to the local adjoining landowner/owners or other people interested in using the lake for recreational purposes, such as ski lakes.
Mills Pond, Ft Lauderdale , FL (beside I-95), Okeeheelee Park, West Palm Beach, FL (beside Florida Turnpike), Trophy Lakes, Johns Island, SC (purpose dug, dirt used for other construction), Coble Ski School/Camp, Lillington, NC, (quarry for construction materials) are just a few.

Thrall
03-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Chalk up another CO MC owner!!!
We're moving BACK to CO next month.
Buying a house in Gypsum. Appears most of my work, heavy civil and commercial const work will be around Vail and Snowmass the next several years.
Can't wait. Just need to find a couple lakes over on the Western slope that get warm enough!

viktorya
11-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Yep, it is Pit 4. First year there.

My bf grew up on pit 4, got to expensive for his uncle and he got off it 2 years ago. We just bought our first boat last summer, MasterCraft X6. We are actually lookin to get on a private lake this coming season and get away from all the idiots out there!!

Any suggestions?:D

toker457
06-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Hit me up im in colorado looking for someone to ride with Richard 605-381-1607

smitrh92
07-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Scored a used x-15 slider from cali. We boat mostly at Stanley lake in Westminister, CO

Waterski-Rebel
04-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Norm is one of the best and most knowledgeable guys around. We skied with him and Micky Wilkenson at Lyden Lake in Arvada and at Patrick Lake in Littleton. Two GREAT Mastercraft guys to know!!!! I wont hold it against Norm for helping sell Infinity's. :smile:

Can you ski at either of those two lakes?

I'd really like to find a lake in the Denver Metro area that doesn't get crazy on the weekends. Empire is too far for me, so are the other private lakes long I-76.

83SuperSlot
04-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Hey guys, unfortunately I often go to chatfield because its so close. I do get to grand lake, blue mesa, and or Taylor. I just bought my MC this winter and I'm dying to get it out. I'll post some more pics in the next couple days. They had to reset my login so I lost all of it... hope to see you on the water!

jvbaca
04-07-2010, 01:30 PM
We just bought our MC this winter as well, however we've used our waverunners on wyoming and lake powell more than the local lakes (too crowded). Would like to get a group of locally owned MC's together this summer somewhere....

Thrall
04-07-2010, 01:59 PM
I'd be in for a get together.

83SuperSlot
04-09-2010, 02:23 PM
It would be easier to keep in touch and we could set up lake days and other stuff. I think it would be cool.

Thrall
04-15-2010, 01:52 PM
It would be easier to keep in touch and we could set up lake days and other stuff. I think it would be cool.

What CO MC owner group are you talking about? Another website?

jvbaca
04-16-2010, 12:15 AM
What CO MC owner group are you talking about? Another website?
It's up under the "quick links" at the top of this page then under networking and social groups. Should be the first one.........

83SuperSlot
04-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Im going to school in Gunnison next fall...anyone have a boat in that area? Taylor resouvoir...?

I typically boat there about once a year.... every July/August....

83SuperSlot
04-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Can you ski at either of those two lakes?

I'd really like to find a lake in the Denver Metro area that doesn't get crazy on the weekends. Empire is too far for me, so are the other private lakes long I-76.

Standley Lake or Chatfield would be my only two suggestions. Standley is pretty expensive but I like Chatfield.... Especially in the mornings...

83SuperSlot
04-21-2010, 06:09 PM
I'd be in for a get together.

Defintely!! I figured that I am just going to start posting when I am going out and where and we can start trying to meet up that way... If there is enough of us maybe we can put a weekend event together...

83SuperSlot
04-23-2010, 09:10 PM
snow today.... setback on the boat plans....

Ski-me
04-23-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm still scheduled to de-winterize on Tuesday. Hope the weather turns a little.....

jvbaca
04-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Already de-winterized this past week. Closed loop cooling system so I should be ok but can't wait for the warmer weather to go to one of the local lakes!!! Chatfield, cherry creek, boyd, carter, horsetooth, he** I don't care anywhere!!!!!

83SuperSlot
04-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Already de-winterized this past week. Closed loop cooling system so I should be ok but can't wait for the warmer weather to go to one of the local lakes!!! Chatfield, cherry creek, boyd, carter, horsetooth, he** I don't care anywhere!!!!!

I'm pretty sure I'll be out on Chatfield within 2 weeks!

83SuperSlot
05-16-2010, 12:18 AM
I will be out on Chatfield tomorrow afternoon, wife willing, :) maybe I'll see you tomorrow.... later! (Look for the blue Stars & Stripes named "Pair-A-Dice") :D :D

jvbaca
05-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Nicest day in months, great chance to take the boat out but wouldn't you know it I've got a darn graduation party that I have to attend :-( Hope you have fun!

83SuperSlot
05-17-2010, 09:21 AM
I had a great first day yesterday.... The lake was packed but the boat was perfect!!! Everything worked great!! I didn't get in the water though, it was still REALLY cold and no wet suits here. Well, I'm hoping to make it back out tomorrow or Friday!! See you guys around!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e187/shadowvt1100/Mastercraft/Maiden%20Voyage/IMG_1171.jpg

cdstukey
05-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Man, I love your boat!
How long was the wait to put in? Sunday was a great day to be out on the water (finally). I've watched some pretty entertaining stuff at those ramps when it busy, who knew you could load directly into the back of a mini van?

83SuperSlot
05-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Thanks!! It was my first time in it and it blew me away! I love it!! Anyway, the wait to get on the ramp to unload was not bad... Only about 5 mins... Getting out was another story.. I was sitting there while some guy in his Lexus just kept going back and forth and back and forth trying to get his boat on the trailer straight. My boat was right behind him and I almost had the wife take it to another side but the guy finally decided to let me get my boat out before he continued his pursuit.... He had about 3 people helping him and they still didn't do it... CRAZY!! I'm definitely going out again on Saturday - 85 degrees!! See you around!!

Ski-me
05-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Sweet job! I spent my weekend repairing my fiberglass fender. So far, it really looks good and I'm pleasantly surprised! I thought about going last night but the clouds looked pretty dark and they were saying hail....maybe later this week on Prospect lake. I need to get my depth transducer glued in.

83....boat looks good!

83SuperSlot
05-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Looks like I will be going out on Sunday instead of Saturday... It's good though, it will give the water another day to warm up!! :D :D Hey Ski, Do you have some pics of your fender job?? :popcorn:

Ski-me
05-20-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm saving it till the end! Yes, I'm taking shots all along the way. I did a coat of bondo on Tuesday and rough sanded everything. I'll finish fine sanding it tonight, place the primer coat on the repairs and then I'm ready for paint. I'm hoping to shoot it tomorrow and then will post the whole write up. So far, so good though!

My wife has said it has already "exceeded her expections!"

Wow, I haven't even painted it yet......