PDA

View Full Version : Concept 2

BrianM
11-03-2005, 11:34 AM
The Bowflex thread got me thinking again about the Concept 2 rower. Have read on may other boards that rowing is one of the best off season cardio / toning exercises you can do to stay in ski shape. Works many of the same muscles. The Concept 2 is supposed to be the gold standard for rowers with great support. Have been seriously considering buying one since the end of last winter. Now that the season has slowed down it is back on my mind.

Anyone have and regularly use a Concept 2? What do you think? Anyone have one they don't use that they want to sell?

east tx skier
11-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Those Nicholls guys sure are into rowing, aren't they! I looked into it, but decided the machines were too expensive and I would just keep jogging. I'm somewhat limited on space as it is.

BrianM
11-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Those Nicholls guys sure are into rowing, aren't they! I looked into it, but decided the machines were too expensive and I would just keep jogging. I'm somewhat limited on space as it is.

I HATE to run and am looking for something to do for cardio. I used to ride the bike a lot but got really burned out on that. The machines are a little spendy but from looking at ads for used ones they really hold their value so if I decide I don't like it our don't use it so much I won't lose much.

Leroy
11-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Join a team during the winter, tennis, masters swimming, soccer, basketball, etc. I play indoor soccer couple of times a week.

I used to be able to work out, did triathlons for years, but as the years go by it gets harder, my motivation and time (3 very active kids).

east tx skier
11-03-2005, 03:31 PM
I HATE to run and am looking for something to do for cardio. I used to ride the bike a lot but got really burned out on that. The machines are a little spendy but from looking at ads for used ones they really hold their value so if I decide I don't like it our don't use it so much I won't lose much.

Yeah, I've found that nothing does it for me cardio-wise like running. I hope my knees hold up. My mom has been running 5 miles per day since the late 1970s and hers have held up fine.

OhioProstar
11-03-2005, 04:33 PM
My knees are both in pretty bad shape for indoor volleyball...The bowflex sport has a row excersise that is pretty good.

LakePirate
11-03-2005, 04:39 PM
The elliptical machines are a great alternative to running as there is no/low impact on your joints. However, make sure that if you use one that it is suited for you. Some that I have been on hurt my knees and/or hips. The distance between petals as well as the range of motion are key factors in finding the right machine for you.

east tx skier
11-03-2005, 06:01 PM
I had one for a while and used to use them at the gym. I eventually went back to running. I just wasn't getting the results with the eliptical.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-25-2006, 01:33 AM
I just finished bringing in and setting up a new Nordictrac Eliptical. I hope the only cardiovascular activity is't from me carrying it around....:o