PDA

View Full Version : Am I asking the right price?

jmyers
11-02-2005, 03:03 PM
I have been trying to sell my Nautique, asking $7900 for it and really don't need two boats!! What do you all think? It's an "82" in really good shape perfect interior and runs like new!

6ballsisall
11-02-2005, 03:06 PM
I'd say thats a decent price. The best question is where are you advertising it? When I sold my 86' I did boattraderonline.com, that was a waste of money. I did flipsell, that was ok. boats.com was a waste of money. Ebay was the ticket, I had great activity off that site and my buyer drove 700 miles to get it. You might list it on www.wakeworld.com as well. If that is a "2001" hull the guys on that site will eat it up

SteveO
11-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Without seeing it, it appears to be in line with what the market asking prices are based a boat trader search.

jmyers
11-02-2005, 03:11 PM
I'd say thats a decent price. The best question is where are you advertising it? When I sold my 86' I did boattraderonline.com, that was a waste of money. I did flipsell, that was ok. boats.com was a waste of money. Ebay was the ticket, I had great activity off that site and my buyer drove 700 miles to get it. You might list it on www.wakeworld.com as well. If that is a "2001" hull the guys on that site will eat it up
It is the 2001 model. I bought it for $6000 and completly re-did everything with all OEM factory parts! Upgraded to pointless ignition and as you can see in the picture the engine is better than new! I put at least $3500 into it with reciepts!!! I was going to sell it first but got a smokin deal on my "05" X-9 so I bought it!! I even re-did the trailer and bought a full travel cover for it!!

6ballsisall
11-02-2005, 03:19 PM
It is the 2001 model. I bought it for $6000 and completly re-did everything with all OEM factory parts! Upgraded to pointless ignition and as you can see in the picture the engine is better than new! I put at least $3500 into it with reciepts!!! I was going to sell it first but got a smokin deal on my "05" X-9 so I bought it!! I even re-did the trailer and bought a full travel cover for it!!

Definetely get it on wakeworld.com and list it on ebay, it will sell then

east tx skier
11-02-2005, 04:18 PM
ski-it-again.com is free to post an ad.

jmyers
11-02-2005, 04:19 PM
We will see, I posted it on Wakeworld! Thanks :D

ted shred
11-02-2005, 04:55 PM
If the rest of the boat looks as good as the motor,you are asking a fair price.Nice!!

Workin' 4 Toys
11-02-2005, 05:11 PM
I have been trying to sell my Nautique, asking $7900 for it and really don't need two boats!! What do you all think? It's an "82" in really good shape perfect interior and runs like new!
It is the 2001 model

Which is it.

I have used Autotrader for many, many years. Have had outstanding results. Including a boat we sold two years ago. Sold on two weeks.
I've sold cars, trucks, jeeps, trailers, tools, tons of stuff. I thought it was well worth the money. Trouble is, you need to make sure you fit it in with the other mechandise on it, and watch how you word things. You want people to call/email with questions and come see it. Don't spill everything in the ad, it scares people. Keep them questioning, but don't hold back too much because they will look right past it.

ktn_cmu
11-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Which is it.

To clear up any confustion...Nautique had a model in 1982 that was named the "2001"...

T Scott
11-02-2005, 05:41 PM
IMO quality pictures are key. I have looked at many ads where the pictures were taken from about 50 feet away. Clear pictures with plenty of close ups have been the ticket for me.

6ballsisall
11-02-2005, 06:01 PM
IMO quality pictures are key. I have looked at many ads where the pictures were taken from about 50 feet away. Clear pictures with plenty of close ups have been the ticket for me.

You are right!! Whats the saying? A picture says a thousand words.

An advertisers wonder why classified liner ads have one of the lowest response rates of all types of advertising. :rolleyes:

erkoehler
11-02-2005, 06:04 PM
About the pictures, provide a bunch so that people aren't always asking for more photos. I hate having to ask for more photos.

detonate69
11-03-2005, 12:34 PM
yep, tons of pictures and full descriptions. List it on wakeboarder.com, and craigslist.com also. both are free. That boat should sell for that price. Although it is the end of the season and the market may be slowing down. A lot of wakeboarders buy those boat because with an extra 1500# of weight it throws one of the sickest wakes out there.

6ballsisall
11-03-2005, 12:56 PM
I posted for you on wakeworld. You gotta get some additional pics on there. That motor is gorgeous but people are buying a whole boat.

Git'r dun!! ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
11-03-2005, 01:10 PM
I am going against the grain here.

I have sold MANY things with no pictures (I assume it may have been price, or wording that brought in my buyers).
The most recent items include (no pictures) A boat, A jeep (piece by piece mind you) and many large and small workshop tools.

jmyers
11-03-2005, 01:34 PM
I got a call from a guy in Canada about the boat this morning! He wanted some info and the picture, I couldn't post the picture of the exterior because it was too big!! He said he wants a wakeboard boat for his kids, and he was going to fly to Florida for one but it sold. I don't know how this will work out!

jmyers
11-03-2005, 01:35 PM
I posted for you on wakeworld. You gotta get some additional pics on there. That motor is gorgeous but people are buying a whole boat.

Git'r dun!! ;)
The picture is on our marketplace but won't post other places because it say's it is too big!! I think I got it on Wakeworld.com now though!

X2M
11-03-2005, 01:45 PM
Do you have it listed in the sac bee? We sold our last boat from the bee listing.
:)

jmyers
11-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Do you have it listed in the sac bee? We sold our last boat from the bee listing.
:)
No, I've been lazy about selling it, I think it is because I really haven't wanted to sell it subconsciously :( It is like part of the family :cry: But I know I need to sell one of them, and it's not going to be my MC! Thanks for the info on the bee, I will keep that in mind!

jmyers
11-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Now someone wants to trade this Volvo for the Nautique! :noface: I don't need another vehicle. It look like Texas plates! :confused:

rodltg2
11-29-2005, 06:03 PM
oh my thats a real beauty :uglyhamme

rodltg2
11-29-2005, 06:06 PM
the sac bee generates alot of calls, although it seems that ebay is the best bang for the buck. ive sold both my boats, one car and a motorcycle on ebay.

OhioProstar
11-29-2005, 06:13 PM
I sold my '88 2001 to a couple from Wisconson. They drove a long way to pick it up sight un-seen. They were more than happy with the purchase.

Footin
11-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Boattrader.com, the ad with a picture is about 40 bucks, sold my BF 200 in three hours last year. The guy bought sight unseen and drove 10 hours to get it. (from Canada)

jmyers
11-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Boattrader.com, the ad with a picture is about 40 bucks, sold my BF 200 in three hours last year. The guy bought sight unseen and drove 10 hours to get it. (from Canada)
I started to put it on Boat trader but I couldn't figure out if it should be on line or in the magazine? It's like $29 for an ad or $49 for online! :confused:

M-Funf
11-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Have you listed it on Craigslist? It's free, and gets a TON of traffic. I've sold two cars and lots of other household items on the site. They allow photo uploads (up to 4 pics) and the e-mail reply is anonymous, so you won't get a bunch of spam from the ad...

Craigslist (www.craigslist.org)

jmyers
11-29-2005, 06:52 PM
Have you listed it on Craigslist? It's free, and gets a TON of traffic. I've sold two cars and lots of other household items on the site. They allow photo uploads (up to 4 pics) and the e-mail reply is anonymous, so you won't get a bunch of spam from the ad...

Craigslist (www.craigslist.org)
I have tried it, and I have had hits and sent pictures!! Not one person has wanted to come and see it, you guys have seen the pictures and know what I am asking!! I can't figure out what people want!! Oh yea FREE!! :mad:

Rockman
11-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Now someone wants to trade this Volvo for the Nautique! :noface: I don't need another vehicle. It look like Texas plates! :confused:

No Way! :vomit:

Ric
11-29-2005, 07:24 PM
That is a Texas license plate

Not that you are asking too much, but what would a bank loan a guy on an '82 nautique. Is your only buyer going to be a cash buyer? That will play into who and where the sale will go to

Footin
11-29-2005, 08:13 PM
I started to put it on Boat trader but I couldn't figure out if it should be on line or in the magazine? It's like $29 for an ad or $49 for online! :confused:

Go for the online.........much much larger audience.

jmyers
12-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Now I have a guy in Australia that wants to export the boat to him! He wants measurments of the trailer and boat and the weights, what do you guys think? Why the H**L can't someone buy it here I'm confused! :confused:

east tx skier
12-19-2005, 04:16 PM
If you can get a cashier's check and he handles all the exportation issues, take what you got.

bcampbe7
12-19-2005, 04:30 PM
If you can get a cashier's check and he handles all the exportation issues, take what you got.

You still need to make sure the cashier's check will clear.
Shady buyers have been known to create fake cashier's checks and you will be stuck with no money or boat.

Ric
12-19-2005, 04:49 PM
FOB: Myers' driveway.

Diesel
12-19-2005, 05:19 PM
You still need to make sure the cashier's check will clear.
Shady buyers have been known to create fake cashier's checks and you will be stuck with no money or boat.

Sometimes it can take months for these to bounce back as well. I would not sell it to anyone outside of the USA unless they flew in, paid cash, and arranged their own shipping.

Tom023
12-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Have him wire the money directly to your bank, otherwise no deal. I sold a car to a German guy exporting it to Germany, it was on the ship the very next day. I required direct wire transfer or cash...got $22K in brand new $100 bills.

Ric
12-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Have him wire the money directly to your bank, otherwise no deal. I sold a car to a German guy exporting it to Germany, it was on the ship the very next day. I required direct wire transfer or cash...got $22K in brand new $100 bills.
Tom I've always wondered if doing it that way would give a scoundrel access to my bank account and allow them to take money out rather than deposit??? How do they protect you from that?

PendO
12-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Tom I've always wondered if doing it that way would give a scoundrel access to my bank account and allow them to take money out rather than deposit??? How do they protect you from that?

set up a new account just for that purpose?

OhioProstar
12-19-2005, 05:43 PM
I would not give access to my account number. Use Western Union.

PendO
12-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Have him fly over and drive it back! That would be a sweet reality TV show ... we could all bet on how far he would make it.

Tom023
12-19-2005, 05:49 PM

I don't really know but wire transfers are a routine banking transaction, I am sure the bank has policies and protective procedures in place, but worth asking. Maybe a banker here can answer the question.

Anyone who has access to a check you write has all the information needed to do a transfer and there doesn't seem to be an issue, so I think it's safe.

AirJunky
12-19-2005, 06:01 PM
I've sold skis a number of times this way. If the guy had one of your checks from your own checkbook, he'd have the very same info.

jmyers
12-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Got a picture of the interior!

Footin
12-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Looks great, how bout some side shots.

jmyers
12-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Ok here is one!:D

jmyers
12-20-2005, 06:11 PM
And another!

jmyers
12-20-2005, 06:13 PM
One more inside! All new fuse's too! :D

jmyers
12-28-2005, 08:26 PM
IT SOLD TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Full asking price too! :woohoo: :headbang:

SKI*MC
12-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Congrats! :woohoo: :woohoo:

rodltg2
12-28-2005, 08:45 PM
nice work, !! now save the money to invest in this summers fun