PDA

View Full Version : what happens when you put a wake tower on a ski boat

drschemel
02-20-2014, 07:50 PM
http://www.perfectlytimedpics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/This-is-why-watersports-can-be-fun-resizecrop--.jpg

wheelerd
02-21-2014, 01:12 AM
Priceless!
:guitar::guitar:

CC2MC
02-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Awesome! and check out the house in the background.

wheelerd
02-21-2014, 03:23 PM
If all is as it looks in the pic -- (camera lenses can create an interesting but sometimes false perspective!) -- a couple guys should be wearing helmets I think!

drschemel
02-21-2014, 03:29 PM
I an trying to decide if they are actually behind 2 boats. it doesn't look like the wake the guys on the hydroslides are riding is big enough for a wakebaord to get that kind of air. Still, funny to think about using your high point and low point simultaneously. They just need to add a towable to the back cleat to complete the trifecta!

atihanyi
02-22-2014, 08:49 PM
If the question is "what happens when you put a tower on a ski boat " the answer is destroy its value

Jerseydave
02-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Interesting pic. 2 guys on Skyskis staying low, both wearing full wetsuits.
The guy doing a raley is trunking it, pic almost looks photoshopped.
Small wake, maybe too small to do a big raley (unless it's Zane!)

House in the background looks like it could be in Annapolis or on the Potomac.

So what's the story about the picture?

Waterskibum
02-24-2014, 01:36 PM
I vote for Photoshopped. Wakeboard line is angling upwards not downwards. Have to be one darn tall tower on the boat for the rope to angle that way.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-24-2014, 01:44 PM
I vote for Photoshopped. Wakeboard line is angling upwards not downwards. Have to be one darn tall tower on the boat for the rope to angle that way.

I'm thinking photoshopped but wakeboard line could be going to tower and other lines could be going to pylon.

wheelerd
02-24-2014, 01:56 PM
There is also the water splash on the left side of the photo which looks like the remnants of a pop off the wake. But that could be photoshopped too . . . although maybe harder to fake. Whether or not it actually matches the position of the boarder is another question.

Snipe
02-25-2014, 05:12 PM
If the question is "what happens when you put a tower on a ski boat " the answer is destroy its value

You got that right!!:toast:

mzimme
02-25-2014, 07:13 PM
The hydrofoilers look like they're on the outside of the wake (closest to us in the picture). The picture is cropped too low to get a sense of how large the wave is, but looking at the foils, it looks like they're about equal with the height of the wave. If that's the case, that could very well be a 3-4 foot wave depending on the length of their little pole thing that goes in the water (forgive me, I don't know foil terms). Picture looks legit to me.... no weird inconsistencies around the boarder at all, or no strange color/tone/contrast variations. I vote legit, and really cool picture.

roadster02
02-26-2014, 01:37 PM
Yeppur! +3

You got that right!!:toast:

TayMC197
02-26-2014, 01:58 PM

You sir are absolutely correct. I currently have a 197 with a mini tower and I can't tell you how screwed I am if I tried to resale it. I dread that day for sure. Not to mention all the name calling i get when I take it out on the water. Had a few buddies needing a course pull behind it and thankfully I'm a good friend and told them no. I couldn't imagine what would of happened to their slalom run with that tower, I'm sure it would of been awful.

Again I would like to appologize to everyone for having that hideous attachment on my boat. I'll be lucky if I get 10k for it the day I list it for sale.

wheelerd
02-26-2014, 02:07 PM
You sir are absolutely correct. I currently have a 197 with a mini tower and I can't tell you how screwed I am if I tried to resale it. I dread that day for sure. Not to mention all the name calling i get when I take it out on the water. Had a few buddies needing a course pull behind it and thankfully I'm a good friend and told them no. I couldn't imagine what would of happened to their slalom run with that tower, I'm sure it would of been awful.

Again I would like to appologize to everyone for having that hideous attachment on my boat. I'll be lucky if I get 10k for it the day I list it for sale.

Yes, and it's really unfortunate that some auto manufacturers see no need to put metal roofs on their vehicles and install retractable cloth roofs instead. Really devalues the car in my estimation.:guitar: It just don't look like a proper car with the top down.

Sodar
02-26-2014, 02:19 PM

I guess I am up for an apology, also. :rolleyes:

thatsmrmastercraft
02-26-2014, 02:45 PM
I guess I am up for an apology, also. :rolleyes:

So if I apologize first, I can put a tower on my '77?

TayMC197
02-27-2014, 12:21 PM
So if I apologize first, I can put a tower on my '77?

As long as you say sorry! Lol

SKIBUMM
02-27-2014, 12:27 PM
I bought mine for $14,000 dollars new in 1994 and put a mini tower on it and I really hope I have not lost too much resale value. Oh wait I don't care at this point. I wont ever sell it and now I don't have to dig underneath for skis or wakeskates and my girls can kill thier ears with really load music while skiing.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-27-2014, 12:27 PM
As long as you say sorry! Lol

Well.........................maybe not. Apologizing is a sign of weakness.:rolleyes:

Snipe
02-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Well.........................maybe not. Apologizing is a sign of weakness.:rolleyes:

It's only a sign of weakness in "Jethro Gibb's" eyes. If you put a tower on your '77 you will need to do more than apologize. Like maybe relocate with some of our TT friends Down Under.
If they would have you. :D

thatsmrmastercraft
02-27-2014, 12:44 PM
It's only a sign of weakness in "Jethro Gibb's" eyes. If you put a tower on your '77 you will need to do more than apologize. Like maybe relocate with some of our TT friends Down Under.
If they would have you. :D

Have no fear, the existing stripper pole is the only addition that will ever happen.

Snipe
02-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Have no fear, the existing stripper pole is the only addition that will ever happen.

:toast::toast::toast::toast: