PDA

View Full Version : WTB wakesurf rack

SkiMC
02-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Looking for a wakesurf rack to fit a factory tower on a 2003 X30.

broux2
03-05-2014, 12:29 PM
This may work for you. i have the new dimensions tower and this rack was mounted to the top bar. I believe your boat has a very similar tower. If so you could either mount to the top or the clamps come off and expose two holes which should line up with the mounting plate on your tower. i can take measurements if needed.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=57071

bhanson
03-05-2014, 01:50 PM
I have the Bullet Lines double wakesurf rack mounted to the upper cross-arm of my 2001 X30. Works fine, but a couple pointers:

1) Some boards will actually fit a wakeboard rack (Broadcast, Tsunami, skim-style boards)
2) If you put a thin board in a wide rack then make sure it is tightly secured with the bungee. We lost our newbie Bcast board during a storm at Powell last year because it fell out while we were "otherwise engaged".

Also, as your surfing progresses you will find the higher-end boards are very fragile and WILL get damaged in a board rack. We keep our nicer boards in padded bags, and cargo-net the bags to the top of the bimini (similar to board sleeves on Tige or MonsterTower biminis). If running w/o bimini, we keep the bags/boards in the bow. Triple X bag is about $50 and no-brainer protection for a high-end board.

ttu
03-05-2014, 01:51 PM
I have the Bullet Lines double wakesurf rack mounted to the upper cross-arm of my 2001 X30. Works fine, but a couple pointers:

1) Some boards will actually fit a wakeboard rack (Broadcast, Tsunami, skim-style boards)
2) If you put a thin board in a wide rack then make sure it is tightly secured with the bungee. We lost our newbie Bcast board during a storm at Powell last year because it fell out while we were "otherwise engaged".

Also, as your surfing progresses you will find the higher-end boards are very fragile and WILL get damaged in a board rack. We keep our nicer boards in padded bags, and cargo-net the bags to the top of the bimini (similar to board sleeves on Tige or MonsterTower biminis). If running w/o bimini, we keep the bags/boards in the bow. Triple X bag is about $50 and no-brainer protection for a high-end board.

do you have a picture of the cargo net bag?

bhanson
03-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Just looked thru my pics, and oddly enough there are no pictures of my bimini/bag setup, seems there were many more interesting subjects for the photographer. ;-)

Rough sketch below so you get the idea. I bought a $10 cargo net and stretched it over my bimini. I then slip the board bags under the bimini, unzip the opening, and fold the opening back under the cargo net so the bags are always open and ready for a board. Boards go in with fins up, and pull cargo net over the fins to keep them secure.

I use Triple X wakesurf bags: https://triplexsurfskim.quivers.com/c/1688

CBRENT
03-14-2014, 03:07 PM
@ bhanson - Where did you buy the cargo net from? Thanks.