PDA

View Full Version : Dual battery 93 MS225

mdl225
02-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Adding a 2nd battery to my 1993 MS 225 (not a v-drive). Factory location for the battery is under the middle back seat bottom, with the fiberglass battery tray into the floor so the battery clears the seat bottom. Anyone added a 2nd battery to these inboard maristars? Looking for location suggestions. I am thinking about having a fiberglass shop cut and widen the factory tray to accomodate 2 batterys and then cut the floor panel to accept the wider tray and be able to keep everything under the seat. Thanks all.

john jones
02-21-2014, 12:05 AM
I had the same boat that you do. I thought about installing a second battery under the front observer seat. Not sure if if you could enlarge the battery tray and fit two batteries, it might be a good option.

mdl225
06-11-2014, 01:32 PM
Well I ended up having a buddy help me cut the original fiberglass tray in half and widen it to accommodate the 2 batteries. Project ended up working out perfect as I was able to maintain both batteries in the original factory location under the rear middle seat and did not have to put the 2nd battery in my OB seat storage and loose space. Wired everything up last night, now I am finally ready to get this boat in the water. Here are a few before,during and after pics.