PDA

View Full Version : looking for winter ski partner(s) in/around Orlando

Leon Jones
11-02-2005, 10:49 AM
I live and ski on the Alligator Chain of lakes outside of St. Cloud, FL. My ski partners don't deal with the cold water after Thanksgiving :( . I'd like to get/give pulls over the winter months.

Leon Jones
407-361-3455

Jerseydave
11-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Cold water??? They're kidding, right?

Wait, I'll check our water temp here in NJ. Be right back.

88 PS190
11-02-2005, 10:52 PM
i'm convinced, people who live in FL can't deal w/ the real cold. our lake never peaks around 75 during the summer (air temps rarely much above 80) and that's not cold, what does your water hit in winter? 70? 65? Nothing compared to a good foot of ice eh.

mc_prostar
11-03-2005, 02:42 AM
well my parents are moving that way and they would be in, the problem is they dont have a MC they have a ski ray.

if you get to AZ ill be skiing so you can come have a pull

H20skeefreek
11-03-2005, 07:48 AM
hey mc prostar, how about some pics of those mustangs?

BrianM
11-03-2005, 08:57 AM
hey mc prostar, how about some pics of those mustangs?

And how about a picture of that Bronco. I have a '70 half cab.

Oh and to keep it on topic if you are ever in the New Orleans area I ski year around and would be glad to give you a pull.

shepherd
11-04-2005, 09:09 AM
Leon,

I used to live and ski in Orlando and I still get back there every month or so. What type of skiing do you do? Do you have a slalom course?

Stop by PC on the way to BrianM's and take a pull behind the old '90 Prostar.

BrianM, any idea how things are shaping up in the French Quarter? The wife and I are wanting to go back for a weekend if things are cleaned up yet...

shepherd
11-04-2005, 09:14 AM
i'm convinced, people who live in FL can't deal w/ the real cold.

sounds like a challenge. come on down here in January and I'll pull you. leave your wetsuit at home ;)

88 PS190
11-04-2005, 01:07 PM
i've yet to use a wetsuit ever.

soon as we think its safe to launch the boat w/ out refreezing, i'm in. can be cold, but i cannot stand neoprene suits.

ski_500
11-05-2005, 08:42 AM
Here in Southeast Virginia, ice is never a concern. We just use the hundred degree rule. Water temp plus Air temp > 100 = skiing weather.
However we are NOT shy about wearing wetsuits! ;)

Later,

shepherd
11-07-2005, 01:46 PM
can be cold, .

Boy, that's got to be an understatement :eek:

BrianM
11-07-2005, 05:57 PM
BrianM, any idea how things are shaping up in the French Quarter? The wife and I are wanting to go back for a weekend if things are cleaned up yet...

Come on down to NOLA. My inlaws went to the Quarter Halloween night and said that it was going just as strong as ever. Most everything is back up and running in the downtown area. If you can find a room come on over and enjoy yourself. We need all of the tourists we can get to keep business up and running.

mc_prostar
11-07-2005, 07:35 PM
And how about a picture of that Bronco. I have a '70 half cab.

Oh and to keep it on topic if you are ever in the New Orleans area I ski year around and would be glad to give you a pull.

sorry to jack the thread you can have it back after this.

this is what i had on my computer

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=581

Leon Jones
11-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Yes, there are two courses on either side of the lake. I'm just begining to run the course (2 1/2 @ 15' off, 32mph). I don't want to lose any momentum from the summer. Meanwhile my partners on the lake take a couple of months off this time of the year. Give me a holler if you want to go, I'm almost always ready to go!

shepherd
11-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Yes, there are two courses on either side of the lake. I'm just begining to run the course (2 1/2 @ 15' off, 32mph). I don't want to lose any momentum from the summer. Meanwhile my partners on the lake take a couple of months off this time of the year. Give me a holler if you want to go, I'm almost always ready to go!

Cool! I might do that. Last time I was in town, I thought about going to O-Town on Colonial to see if I could get a couple pulls but my buddy talked me into going to the dog track instead -- what a waste!

I'll PM you next time I come. What lake are you on? Where is it? I use to ski on Conway.

wakesport
12-15-2005, 01:45 PM
We are headed for Winter Haven over Christmas to the Lake Roy Beach Inn. So, if anyone is around and looking to ski come on over.

atlfootr
12-26-2005, 11:34 AM
sorry to jack thread, this is what i had on my computer.
This is a buddy's bronco - that I had on my computer.

BrianM
12-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Nice looking Bronco!

atlfootr
12-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Thanks BrianM,

I'll be sure to tell 'em.

skiboy
01-15-2006, 07:17 AM
Hi Leon. I'm here in Canada, heading to Florida Feb5 for my 6 week venture. I stay at just south of Cocoa Beach, i usually ski at OWC as it's pretty close and pulls were pretty resonable, even with these gas prices. I try to ski 4 times a week while I'm down there. I drive straight down to Florida, around 22 hours, to get an idea where you are, say how far from Orlando Airport, then i can judge driving time . If it's too far, do you know of any other scchools or so with in ahours drive from Cocoa Beach. Email me and we will hook up for sure, a time or 2 for sure. Thanks . Doug dougmcnally@nexicom.net

ski_king
01-15-2006, 08:12 AM
To revisit the hijack, a 73 bronco I had.

T Scott
01-15-2006, 08:31 AM
i'm convinced, people who live in FL can't deal w/ the real cold. our lake never peaks around 75 during the summer (air temps rarely much above 80) and that's not cold, what does your water hit in winter? 70? 65? Nothing compared to a good foot of ice eh.

It's just a matter of "Choose your climate". Let me preface this with :D so I don't sound like an a$$. I'm convinced that northern people can't deal with real heat. I see them all the time coming down to Orlando for vacation and when it is 100 degrees plus humidity and they are melting, they always say "how do you deal with this heat." Us true Floridians just dab a little bead of sweat off our brow and continue on our day. Like I said, it's all in what you're used to. :D