PDA

View Full Version : WTB used cruise control and/or perfect pass

mgs96ps
01-29-2014, 05:16 PM
WTB any complete cruise control and/or perfect pass system for a mid-nineties prostar 190.

TeamAllen
01-30-2014, 10:52 AM
I read on WW about a possible Group Buy going on at the Planet Nautique Forum. The discount make make it worth it to buy a new one?

mgs96ps
01-30-2014, 11:32 AM
I read on WW about a possible Group Buy going on at the Planet Nautique Forum. The discount make make it worth it to buy a new one?

That sounds interesting, but very complicated. I know that PP systems have a number of components that are the same...but there are different boats, different motors, linkage requirements, and other issues would need to be considered to pull a mass group sale off.

I know that I am fishing, and would consider a group sale...but better yet would be someone with a PP system for my boat and motor, that they have moved on to a zero off system.

I would even consider a PP basic cruise system.

D3skier
01-30-2014, 11:41 AM
have you checked ski-it-again.com?

atihanyi
01-30-2014, 12:14 PM
I have been looking for eight months for the same thing . Its a pretty slim market . There are a bunch on e-bay but all are drive by wire or old paddle wheel style

Cloaked
01-30-2014, 07:33 PM
It's a tough gig to find a used one. For me (93 190) I reluctantly bit the bullet and sprung for a new one. Found mine for $1,297 (no tax for me in TN) at Skier-to-Skier. I looked extensively for best pricing and they won out.

GPS -PerfectPass Stargazer Pro w/ timer and these models have the latest features. No magnets for timing, no paddle wheel, and a good programmed module that drives the servo-motor with GPS input.

I hate to spend money but this has turned out to be a good investment overall.

Attached is last year's pricing sheet from S-S. I like mine a lot. Takes a little patience to calibrate (set your baselines) but I overcame that on a quite morning with no boats around.

mgs96ps
01-30-2014, 09:24 PM
It's a tough gig to find a used one. For me (93 190) I reluctantly bit the bullet and sprung for a new one. Found mine for $1,297 (no tax for me in TN) at Skier-to-Skier. I looked extensively for best pricing and they won out.

GPS -PerfectPass Stargazer Pro w/ timer and these models have the latest features. No magnets for timing, no paddle wheel, and a good programmed module that drives the servo-motor with GPS input.

I hate to spend money but this has turned out to be a good investment overall.

Attached is last year's pricing sheet from S-S. I like mine a lot. Takes a little patience to calibrate (set your baselines) but I overcame that on a quite morning with no boats around.

Thanks Cloaked...good advise.

sallen
01-30-2014, 09:39 PM
You might want to search for a group buy. It sounds like you can buy whatever system you want at a discounted price. The group just uses the same dealer and order is submitted at the same time. The one I was reading had stargazer for $984.

Quick
01-30-2014, 10:46 PM
I am interested in knowing where the Stargazer group buy was for $984 if you don't mind sharing the link? Thanks

Patrick Hardy
01-31-2014, 07:00 AM
I am interested in knowing where the Stargazer group buy was for $984 if you don't mind sharing the link? Thanks

Here you go Quick - Link: http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/showthread.php?27989-2014-Perfect-Pass-Group-Buy

TeamAllen
01-31-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm not sure they have set the price for this years GB yet? I organized the one last year. They were $964 shipped, with the volume discount last year. I don't think you will see it that low again? It will still be a better deal than you will get anywhere else! The dealer is great to work with and he will only sell you the EXACT model you want for your boat. The product is dropped ship directly from the manufacture. Looks like it's supposed to start in March.

mgs96ps
01-31-2014, 11:26 AM
This group buy sounds like it has some momentum...can the organizers contact information be posted? Is there a minimum number of patrons needed to drive down price? Is the tea party involved? Questions Questions

TeamAllen
02-01-2014, 12:57 PM
There are no group buys allowed on this site, so you will have to contact the OP from the PN Forum directly. I'm sure more details will be posted next month on the ordering procedure.

atihanyi
02-01-2014, 02:38 PM
I'm curious . Why are group buys not allowed here ?